Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stamina For Conclave

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

Because of the super high mobility of war frames , automatic/sustained DPS weapons are underused , that’s why people use snipers so much or shotguns so much . I think stamina should be brought back to stop people from jumping around infinitely. 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

The issue with stamina is that it would be a brand new resource to manage that doesn't exist in PvE, making the learning curve steeper than it already is.

In other words, since many players don't even bother with learning basic things such as parkour, aiming or energy management because all of these can be easily trivialized in PvE) i don't think that adding a new resource to the list of things that people won't ever bother with learning would be any good for conclave, and even worse since, unlike the rest of the list, it would have no use out of PvP.

10 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

The issue with stamina is that it would be a brand new resource to manage that doesn't exist in PvE, making the learning curve steeper than it already is.

In other words, since many players don't even bother with learning basic things such as parkour, aiming or energy management because all of these can be easily trivialized in PvE) i don't think that adding a new resource to the list of things that people won't ever bother with learning would be any good for conclave, and even worse since, unlike the rest of the list, it would have no use out of PvP.

I disagree , there are many things in pvp that are different from pve , abilities , mods, weapons etc it’s something you have to get accustomed too . Also conclave is dead/dying, & I personally would like for it to come alive . It has so much potential 

14 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

Because of the super high mobility of war frames , automatic/sustained DPS weapons are underused , that’s why people use snipers so much or shotguns so much

On PC I don't see too many snipers or shotgun users. I'm a rifle user myself and usually end up against other auto players.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I think stamina should be brought back to stop people from jumping around infinitely

From what I've seen, most people don't utilize parkour/movement as much as they should. At least the average player tries to bullet jump as fast as they can. If that was taken away, we'd see more frustrated players leaving conclave, the skill floor will increase, for them it'd be like getting impaired after a few bullet jumps and eventually dying (They always die eventually but they'd die faster and feel more discouraged/frustrated).

And this skill floor increase will not impact good players (as they're already good with aim, can adapt), but only the majority (average/casual) players. So I don't see anything good coming out of it.

Aside from that, now that I think about it, this introduction of stamina would also need a big balance pass. Mainly to all AoE weapons, and some forgiving high kills per mag weapons. Also abilities. More like a huge overhaul of abilities. Rework of half of conclave itself.

I see Karak at least as frequently as snipers, although I don't see shotguns very often. I'm also on PC and not PS4.

I'm not a huge fan of the wristcramp-inducing mobility in conclave either, but it's an integral part of what makes Warframe what it is, and I have to agree with all points Triplinster made about it as well

What many likes about conclave is it's movement options and flow. Flow is getting worse because of such a weapons like ignis, castanas, arca plasmor ... Because of weapons like this experience is getting less "fluid" and game is less enjoyable. Stamina bar would make things even more awkward. 

Instead of nerfing others movement improve yours. That's more interesting, challenging and rewarding.