Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Simaris is an evil dude!

he's always been a shady character; the voice, the disregard for personal space, the disregard for anything unrelated to his precious Sanctuary.. being allowed into Sanctuary just confirmed the suspicions I've had for ages. it's like a creepy serial killer inviting you into his basement to see the bodies: you knew it was true deep down, but now you have definite proof of what's going on.

if we ever get a chance to destroy him and release the creatures of Sanctuary, I'd do it just for the lulz. I'd make sure to end him with a Sniper though, lord knows I've seen him up close too many times already to warrant the Tigris treatment..

8 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

Simaris is a villain. Fight me.

8 hours ago, Eathian said:

Well... Duh?

8 hours ago, (XB1)Architect Prime said:

I'm just wondering how long before I have to kill him.

3 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

he's always been a shady character; the voice, the disregard for personal space, the disregard for anything unrelated to his precious Sanctuary.. being allowed into Sanctuary just confirmed the suspicions I've had for ages. it's like a creepy serial killer inviting you into his basement to see the bodies: you knew it was true deep down, but now you have definite proof of what's going on.

if we ever get a chance to destroy him and release the creatures of Sanctuary, I'd do it just for the lulz. I'd make sure to end him with a Sniper though, lord knows I've seen him up close too many times already to warrant the Tigris treatment..

How simplistic. 

There is a concept named Moral Relativism. In short, it means that the view of what's good and what is evil shifts depending on perspective. Simaris, a non-human consciousness, holds a set of values entirely different to ours. He takes a neutral stance on the value of life, prioritizing knowledge over wellbeing. He doesn't see good nor evil. He sees knowledge, two types of it, that which is already in his grasp and that which he has yet to unearth.

Sure, you can label him evil, but that's merely because you as a human cannot adopt a moral perspective other than the one dictated by the human condition, his biology, and his finite circumstance.

I don't think Simaris is evil, just an alien.

Edited by Tellakey

15 hours ago, Zobaken said:

Simaris is a tsundere.

Cephalon is literally a scan of Orokin consciousness. It's a digitalized human being.

Sure, but once a Cephalon, some of its human attributes fade. For example, a Cephalon might not experience bodily fear when it is obviously missing a body.

Similarly, it wouldn't be fair to label a psychopath evil because they literally miss those human parts that make them feel empathy. 

It is not for nothing that all known Cephalons so far have goof-ball personalities. Ordis lacks tact, Suda is a child, and Simaris acts like a psycho.

Edited by Tellakey

2 hours ago, Tellakey said:

Sure, but once a Cephalon, some of its human attributes fade. For example, a Cephalon might not experience bodily fear when it is obviously missing a body.

Similarly, it wouldn't be fair to label a psychopath evil because they literally miss those human parts that make them feel empathy. 

It is not for nothing that all known Cephalons so far have goof-ball personalities. Ordis lacks tact, Suda is a child, and Simaris acts like a psycho.

Okay, but why are the Tenno just cool with the way he is?