Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other Things That Need A Nerf

TheJagji

Just now, Evanescent said:

Lotus' nagging on PoE.

Yes, that is all.

Solution: Mute the game then turn on some calming music and then do what ever activities you enjoy doing if your just wandering about in the plains personally i prefer fishing preferably near the ocean and collect small sharks for my fish tank or give them to my friends so then too can enjoy having a fish tank of mini sharks 

I swear to god with these threads

On 2018-05-11 at 10:09 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Base damage increased significantly to compensate for loss of channeling and combo counter multiplier on normal attacks
  • Stances will be revisited to normalize combo inputs AND all combos will be reorganized to be more useful and fun to use!

2 hours ago, seprent said:

1: i'm thinking the op is like either memeing or half serious (honestly cant tell but i have my front row seat to these shenanigans) 

2: warframes do have a passive vacuum its like 3 meters or something but that's a whole different can of worms that kinda needs a attitude change if we wanted any progress on that 

3: dash is fine just people like neon colors (for some reason though i am a fan of bright orange it looks nice) 

4: maiming strike just no thank you i like having fun spinning like a top is not my idea of it, don't care of its more efficient watching paint dry is more entertaining 

5: everything is kinda busted when you break it down warframes, weapons, enemies, and pretty much everything else in the kitchen sink De has in one way or another

6: But what if we nerfed all the nerfs? 

It’s not how it works it’s how the animation the big bubble is to in my face in cramped maps like Kuva fortress if it wasn’t a bubble but more like a fast pulse I’d be more happy

3 hours ago, Misgenesis said:

I swear to god with these threads

Oh, I am actually all for the changes to Melee. I like it. A LOT. Its why I am suggesting this. Now Melee is going to be Melee, we need to fix the other wall problems too. Vac should really only suck things it can actually see. This would actually nerf it, and reduce its utility a bit, which might make people consider Kubrows or Kavats as options.

2 minutes ago, TheJagji said:

Oh, I am actually all for the changes to Melee. I like it. A LOT. Its why I am suggesting this. Now Melee is going to be Melee, we need to fix the other wall problems too. Vac should really only suck things it can actually see. This would actually nerf it, and reduce its utility a bit, which might make people consider Kubrows or Kavats as options.

Well youre not wrong. I dont see the appeal in Vacuum either way.

All I have to say about the whole "melee not going through walls" thing is I totally understand why they are doing it. Because some people just completely abused the hell out of it to the point of absurdity.

Having said that I hope that they are very careful with how they handle it because if the errant corner of of a container completely negates an attack on an otherwise clearly visible enemy....... that is going to be a problem....

....... Having said that~ the whole "they nerfin' X, Why they not nerf Y" shade casting is old and needs to stop~ It's almost as bad as when someones argument starts off with how someones elses grammar* or spelling is horrible. As if that magically improves the quality of whatever point they might get around to making.

1 minute ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

The reason it should work through walls is because DE still hasn't fixed collision physics in regards to drops, so sometimes they fall into a wall.

Just wait until the Acolytes come back, then see whether or not Vacuum working through walls is a good thing.

Yeah, but if they are IN a wall, they're not on the other side of it.

1 minute ago, TheJagji said:

Yeah, but if they are IN a wall, they're not on the other side of it.

I can agree with that from a gameplay standpoint, but if DE can't even get drops to move themselves if they fall into a wall (let alone prevent them from falling into said wall), I very much doubt they can make vacuum only grab things in LoS and in walls.

3 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

I can agree with that from a gameplay standpoint, but if DE can't even get drops to move themselves if they fall into a wall (let alone prevent them from falling into said wall), I very much doubt they can make vacuum only grab things in LoS and in walls.

I am pretty sure they are supposed to respawn in the center of the room if something like that happens though.

Nerf threads need a nerf.

But i wouldn't mind if vacuum would be entirely nuked tbh., it only makes people lazier and entitled from what i've seen when it's just a completely redundant niche mod you only "need" for farming large amounts of common trash resources.

I could live with nuke abilities and some other AoE depending on theme and whether it makes sense for the type of ability to be LOS restricted, f.ex. Volt's Discharge-s or Saryn's Spore-s initial cast could only spread to enemies in LOS at long range, not otherwise, likewise Nova's Molecular Prime should need LOS for full effect, radiation doesn't spread in enclosed spaces, this would also make them more balanced as you would need good positioning to make the most out of these abilities.

5 hours ago, TheJagji said:

Personally, I really don't get why it does work through walls. And if Melee is no longer going to work like that, then why should Vac?

Why do robots and infested have pockets full of credits and stuff we can vacuum up at all? How exactly does a "health" pickup work...and why didn't the enemy use it to save itself? Let's remove drops, they don't make sense. 🙂

It works through walls because the vacuum code check looks something like this:

if (loot.centerPoint.Distance(frame.centerPoint) < vacuumRadius)

// do slurp...

I'll go even further and say DE should remove Vacume all together and we have to press E to pickup every single drop 1 by 1..  So if you kill a mobs and he drops 1000 credits than you need to press E 1000 times just to pick up all the credits.  Same will apply to all other resources.

26 minutes ago, Gandergear said:

Lets nerf bullet jumping too

lord knows how much it hurt for those Grineer when I kicked them in the chest while bullet jumping, the way they fell on the backs from the force of it

6 hours ago, .Fire_Fly. said:

It’s not how it works it’s how the animation the big bubble is to in my face in cramped maps like Kuva fortress if it wasn’t a bubble but more like a fast pulse I’d be more happy

i like the bubble since it kinda lets you freely gain energy for a bit before it puts it on the timer for it though i would not be against say hmm you do it and kinda leaves a ring indication so you can still spot it out in a map and it idk kinda made the air look charged since we kinda using void energy in enough saturation to maintain this field in a area for abit then it disperses and behaves like it already does 

on a side note i cant really get it out of my head but i would like it if our operators had a few more ways to attack like idk let us use a one of our simpler melee weapons maybe idk lock the attack speed to a certain amount or something but i think it be kinda nice if out operator could idk use a secondary or just a melee weapon. Don't get me wrong i love my arca plasmor/opticor amp but i would like some more variety because void damage is kinda at-least for me inconsistent in its damage when i pop out and do a occasional fire down a hall way or into a group oh oh maybe like a amp that is like a rifle and we can make like a sniper rifle amp that be kinda cool too but you get the idea id like more varaity then amp dash void blast 

:facepalm: This topic so sad 

Nothing should work thru walls only punch thru O wait thats .. ships nvm

Anyhow you weepster do what you need to do .. nerf everything you hate 

go ahead i dont mind ..

but be aware that you become less survivalbility and you will fail more than now

.. people that are only here couple weeks weep the hardest and then they are gone off radar

why is it that only weepsters get there win

I have never seen so many Nerf flying by o man not funny