[DE]Megan

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.0

Whatever you changed about the controller support seems to have caused me some trouble, il do my best to explain my frustration.

Prior to this patch, when in a mission and wanting to type something, i took a hand off my controller and hit T, which both brought the chat up and started a new message in whatever channel was active.

After this patch, doing so opens the chat, but does not actually start a message, and hitting T again doesnt start one either. im forced to use my mouse to manually click on the chat box to begin a message. 

The chat box helpfully informs me that chat is mapped to "LT", but during a mission using LT scopes me in, and does nothing to the chat. out of a mission or during a loading screen, it brings up chat and gives me a host of other button prompts, one of which does allow my to start a message, but to actually send a message i have to put my hands on my keyboard anyway, so you have changed one button to two buttons. 

none of this is what has frustrated me however, it is that i can find no way to change this back ingame, nor any settings page for the controller chat keys in general, so theres no option to try remapping chat to a key i use less. 

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Operator screen now displays a new opening UI! Switch between Equipment, Focus, and Appearance. 

This is wrong because this is a submenu made into a UI.  If it is going to be like this, going Esc->Operator should go to a proper "Equipment", "Focus", "Appearance" submenu to then get to the target page directly.  We shouldn't have to pick from a menu to get a UI that is actually just another menu that then goes to the UI we want.  If it's a menu, make it a menu when we are in the menus.  You can keep the fancy UI for when we activate the chair not in the menus.

Especially since Equipment and Appearance go to the same place, just preselecting different tabs.  That was useless.  You only made it take longer to navigate to where we're going.

Edited by TyrianMollusk
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Your changes to finishing GUI are crap. Nice being able to see how much bait/dye I have but why do I need to go through

THREE DIFFERENT MENUS

to select things now? When all I had to do before was

PRESS A SINGLE BUTTON ON MY KEYBOARD

related to my gear wheel to select what I wanted. Thanks for making fishing more tedious than it already is considering how much you need to switch stuff. Fishing was already off putting but now you've made it worse with its increased tediousness, really? I have to HOLD down the button for a single menu one after the other and I cannot just press a button on my keyboard now. Garbage.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1

Oooohhhhhh, that Lanka PBR!!! So gorgeous. It doesnt look like its made from the dimple plastic anymore!!!

While Simulacrum is not accurate of acutal ingame gameplay, so far Saryn is looking a lot better. My current go to build with 128 dur, 130 eff, 235 range and 140 str is clearing through a random assortment of level 140 Corrupted units A LOT faster than it had been pre-revisit. It is actually insane how fast I can clear them up using spores and toxic lash, and its consistent even when different weapons are equipped. This was done WITHOUT the invincibly on as well, and I was surviving a lot more than before. Will be doing further testing in Elite Onslaught for a more accurate gauge of ingame gameplay.

Im incredibly impressed so far with the changes to her Molt. That speed boost is absolute wonders when it comes to quick melee-ing a few targets. The change to toxic lash to add additional toxin to all weapons is also handy and I feel a lot less guilty relying on high damage/range melee weapons like the Galatine or polearms zaws to clean up enemies.

As for the new visual effects, loving them. Ran through the different frames to see the little particle bits that changed. I noticed Inaros's 1 and 2 abilities arent fully taking on his energy color. There are a few particles that are a light blue instead of the vibrant green I was using. While on the Ludicrous setting, the particles on Novas 2 ability also make it hard to tell when the ball is charged. And its basically impossible to see the ball on her non prime version, charge or not. This is most likely not an issue on lower particle settings, but I feel it should probably be addressed with for those of us who want to use Ludicrous. Images attached in the spoiler section.

Nova's Antimatter Drop

Spoiler

666A39A02085CDB6EA96B59B18C36072A5A6708EA528E0E8AE66587A7040FD73F95DC912387C2D87

Inaros's Pocket Sand and Devour

Spoiler

704AECF426A7BA087A82105C04835ACEF3EFC9BA47BFD21F1A605C69367385DE518DB5D9B54AE7E4

And additional point upon checking dojos, the lighting is unaffected by color correction. And as someone who is playing with Color Correction off, it is a jarring transition going into the dojo. Probably wouldnt have noticed if I used cc, but uh...its not my cup of tea.  Not sure if this an intended effect or not.

Edited by Azara.

Ok, so melee is worse than ever and saryn's even more convoluted to use?

Edited by Vitoga

Please let me turn off the new controller support settings.

A cursor with a controller imho does not work/is much slower and a bit tedious. This new system is really frustrating me, and I do not think it is a case off getting used to "the new thing"

Selecting up or down (left or right) in menu's is much easier with a controller opposes to moving a cursor al around the screen, ittakes much more time and precision.

I used to have assigned buttons to choose a submenu (for instance in Arsenal press Y for upgrade, X for appearance) thi was very fast and easy. now i have to move the cursor again, with precision.

Not to offend you guys but this new system really feels it has been designed by someone how actually preferrers using mouse and keyboard....probably does most of the time. I really hope you take a second look on this new system. I do not think it is an improvement.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Thirdofherne said:

How do we get the new Obstacle Course?????

make it, its a new room called Obstacle Architect.

1 hour ago, Accaliah said:

normally i dont reply to these topics because your team at DE does a good job with most updates, however this coming from a person that plays saryn primarily: she is not in a good spot with the new changes, most of the issues are due to the changes to her Spores.

IE being unable to recast it multiple times while moving around the battlefield, if you must make it a skill where it can be detonated, at least make it a press & hold to detonate and press to cast as many times as we need, as there really is just too little time to really allow spores to infect enemies before most are killed by say a ember or banshee. 

or even revert the changes to her spores to where you just can cast as many times as you desire but allow a Augment mod to add the ability to detonate with a held keypress.

SO MUCH THIS.....

Edited by Kalvorax

when you remove something from the dojo you cant never put them back or anything else, awesome lol

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

New percussion-driven music has been added to the Star Chart and loading screens.

Please for our sanity give us the option to disable this.  Its horrible.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Well, great job and all, but the controller support wont save my settings... The game is unplayable for me right now... Keeps saying it saved, but its always on default. I guess it reverts back no matter what when you exit your menus.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Why couldn't djinns reawaken be innate for all sentinels? It's pretty annoying when something like a napalm oneshots them even when they have either regens on, forcing you to use a life if you want to get them back.

Because of prime regeneration

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Eidolon Lures will wait until the Eidolon has fully disappeared to be auto-destroyed, instead of being auto-destroyed when the sun rises at dawn.

N I C E

Also;

• I don't know what caused it, but I do know it's not intended; while doing a fissure to play with the new Saryn changes, not 10 minutes in Spore stopped working completely. I couldn't cast it on any enemies what-so-ever. Dying could have fixed it, but we planned on leaving soon anyway. 

Demonstration> 

Spoiler

• Polychrome console can't be placed in a LOT of areas. It also seems that the colored lighting of one room carries over into another despite not having that room's lights changed at all. 

• Serious frame drops. Every few minutes my frames would drop to 20 or even below.

• V-sync is not working. nor frame capping. I have my frames capped at 60 and V-Sync turned on yet it's still telling me I'm getting upwards of 100, though really inconsistent therefor making it look like I have no more than 40 frames.

6 часов назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

Melee attacks (including spin attacks) will no longer sweep through walls or objects. Please read our Dev Workshop for Melee insight!

now the game can be removed!
she lost her unique mechanics!

Made nearly 10,000 micro-optimizations to hundreds of scripts including Warframe Powers, Precepts, Enemy Logic, Weapon Behaviors, Game-Modes, and the UI

I can never love you enough DE. 

Melee attacks (including spin attacks) will no longer sweep through walls or objects. Please read our Dev Workshop for Melee insight!

I didn't know this was happening already 😛 I guess it's better to remove the cheese long before the melee changes so that people can get used to normal melee play first. 

Eidolon Lures will wait until the Eidolon has fully disappeared to be auto-destroyed, instead of being auto-destroyed when the sun rises at dawn

NICE CHANGE. Thanks so much DE. 

It's 2018, and we still have to guess what frame revisions did because DE doesn't put numbers or detailed descriptions in their patch notes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Milinko said:

UHM WAT? the thing is pretty strong imo not op or anywhere near it but strong enough for sortie.

What is sortie? Im interested only in high lvl content no this poor sortie stuff.

7 minutes ago, -ToH-Just_a_Jew said:

What is sortie? Im interested only in high lvl content no this poor sortie stuff.

if they nerf enough stuff, sortie will be high level LOL

Please revise some changes made to Grineer Shipyard defense mission (Ceres - Seimeni). The new layout is visually nice but:

1) Enemy lousy aggro level and pathfinding make completing the waves more of a seek and destroy than a standard defense;
2) It's too crowded of tall objects, line of fire is obstructed most of the times and enemies are hidden behind structures.

The mission changed from being an easy and fast one to boring as terribly slow, 16 minutes for 10 waves of a level 20-22 Defense is Just Too Much(tm).

Melee not going through walls is ok. Melee not going through obstacles is NOT ok. If your greatsword so much as clips it's tip on a crate while swinging and the enemy is next to the crate, it is possible not to hit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2