Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.0

[DE]Megan

On 2018-05-17 at 5:55 PM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed Banshee’s Resoquake only consuming 25 Energy when it is supposed to use 100 (on Clients, it would require having at least 100 Energy, but wouldn't use it).

Oh, great...  So can I have my potato back?  I put one on Banshee like a week ago, and I sure as S#&$ would not have done that had I known that to be the intended cost and it was just bugged.   Not that it's a surprise I didn't know that to be the intended cost, since that energy cost was (and still is) available nowhere in the game FFS.

About the controller changes. I use a ps4 controller 99% of the time and since the new update it seriously messed up the menu navigation because now when you use the controller you have a cursor which you have to navigate with your thumb stick, which is just a much worse version of a mouse. I haven't seen an option to turn this controller cursor off 😞 Navigating menus has now gotten a lot slower and harder for me 😕 

The virtual cursor thing honestly seems like a net negative, and I say this as someone who uses an unholy hybrid controller/keyboard setup. 

Now pressing B to back out of a menu with a single button press (instead of having to drag the mouse around) switches to the controller button layout, but doesn't actually do anything. Then the game detects that the mouse is still moving and switches back, so I'm hammering B over and over and it's not actually fufilling it's purpose beyond making my UI flicker back and forth. 

There's a reason I have 'auto-detect controller' turned off, even though that's my main control-system. Being able to see which button will open or close a menu is great, it means I don't need to drag my mouse all the way across the screen, but it's not worth having the game switch UI modes on me instead of actually doing what it's told. 

Also, the new update reset the controller layout to default, and seems intent to continue resetting to default every time i change it. 

I honestly can't see how anyone can play like this, and that's not just a 'literally unplayable' meme.

Crouch-toggle is set on the right thumb-stick. First up, crouch-toggle has no place on anyone's setup, ever. Not in warframe, where you crouch for split-seconds to bullet-jump or roll through lasers.

Secondly: Jump is A Crouch is Right-stick. bullet-jumping requires both of these to be pressed simultaneously, while sprinting. 

That means your right hand needs two thumbs. 

Since i'm not a mutant, I put sprint/crouch/roll on LB, where i can crouch with one hand and jump with the other. 

On 2018-05-17 at 10:55 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Energy pickups in The Index getting duplicate spawns every time a Client picked one up.

Cool Thanks for completely RUINING the Index. The least you could do is make it a 100 energy drop. It's absolutely ridiculous how limited you are now in the Index with this "fix". Come on, stop breaking things that makes this game actually BEARABLE 

Can we stop with the constant kneejerk reworks/fixes/nerfs? Im fine with "oh no saryn is facerolling onslaught, we cant have that! lets nerf her molt bomb meta but style it as a complete rework because she needs one anyway" because yeah shes a bit dated. What im not fine with is literally everything related to her breaking because of this rework. Ive been testing and ive seen weapons that just dont pop spores no matter what, ive seen and heard reports of almost all of her augments not working right, or working once when tested, and then 10 mins later not working. Ive had instances where spores breaks because the enemy died not even a second after it was cast, and ive also seen reports in region about the same thing. This was supposedly hotfixed, but its still an issue. Can you guys just not rush updates? Pretty please? Buggy broken content that hardly works as intended does not count as actual content IMO. It just looks like something you guys should of kept on your private test server (or however you test things) for another few days, but for some reason decided to push it to the live server instead. I get that you cant test all the bugs and interactions that an update will have, but this new update looks like you tested absolutely nothing. You dabbled in clan dojos and, as the post above mine illustrates, you broke them as well. 

As for that banshee quake bug, i remember having that issue at least 2 weeks ago when i used her for a few missions. You cant just leave something like that for this long and then go "oops, that was a bug and now its fixed!", especially when its not stated anywhere that she needs a min of 100 energy to use quake with her augment. People have already posted in this thread about potato'ing and forma'ing their banshee without knowing she had an unwritten rule about needing 100 energy. 

In conclusion, buggy/poorly tested content is annoying and just shouldnt be released. You can take another day or two to test stuff, it wont kill you or us. Im pretty sure the playerbase would be far happier with an update 2 days late that barely has any bugs (unlike this saryn one which has a multitide of bugs) than they would be with an update such as this one that seems like it was concieved in the middle of a Monster/Redbull fueled all nighter, and pushed out later that same night with minimal testing

On 2018-05-17 at 6:47 PM, BlueFan99 said:

I think it now just insta destroyes them without shooting 

It emits a pulse that breaks everything near you when you come in range of a loot crate. Previously it only broke generic loot crates, not specific resource containers, now it breaks everything. And it has a short cooldown, maybe two seconds or so? So if you're running quickly, it won't break everything.

Saryn is dead gg.

Having to spam 1 constantly with %250 range meanwhile back then I could just press 1 and whole room would be spored up and I could just focus on popping them. I guess this has to do with the "half of the original spread" when they die by the spore damage.

Corrosive on 1, absolute garbage idea. Viral was saryn's thing.

Popping a spore spreading only 1? What was the reason of this change? 3 spore spread was good and gave more fun gameplay, with multiple things to aim at spread targets. My melee saryn just one shots most of high lvl enemies, I am out of spores after awhile.

Advertised as infinite duration, can't benefit from it due to terrible spore spreading nerfs.

--

Revert viral/corrosive

Keep the increased status chance

Revert the spreading mechanics

rest is fine.

Controller to MKB transition feels a bit... confusing,

the D-Pad function from the menu was gone, the arsenal shortcut buttons were not there,

you rely on the analog a lot when you could just press down on a dpad on the menu but wasn't there anymore, 

old version was better imo

On 2018-05-17 at 10:55 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Melee attacks (including spin attacks) will no longer sweep through walls or objects

I think this should be all for melee rework, else anything more than that will be like adding legs to snake. hehe

I don't really like the new controller support. Using left stick as mouse reminds me of horrible navigation with computers inside of games, Looking at You RockStar Games. Gamers use controller because they want to play a console game without the PC interface. I really like the previous interface more. With button shortcuts and quick navigation. The controller was amazing. Please change back or add an option for it.

20 hours ago, Devourlord said:

What's wrong with this update? it's taking forever to download and is limited to speed of 100 kb/s, even though i have 50 mb/s connection

Same. It was garbage downloading it. The update wasn't really a hotfix more of a ui rework. THAT ISN'T EVEN GOOD. I feel like I'm playing GTA online and buying a new car every time I go through the stupid controller menu navigation. Revert it back please. Your test team sucks. If you even use one.

Change the Controller ui interface system back to how it was new one is crap and hard to use players who use a controller want simple easy like it was before you changed it

youve disabled the d pad and removed the quick access buttons to get into areas like equip upgrade and so on.

and now youve forced everyone who uses the controller to move around the whole ui system using the dam mouse cursor which is stupid as we use a contoller to get away from using a mouse in the first place ?

D Pad was fine bring it back and bring back the easy access buttons for the menus so we dont have to move the right stick all over the place

another bad thing is when typeing in game bring up the chat box then you type (this then turns the controller ui off) you then have to move or pess something on the controller again just to be able to send the message how stupid ?

Running into 2 major bugs with Saryn so far:

1) Spores do not linger/spread as intended. That is all.

Specifically: Spores cast into large groups of enemies (think the conga lines in Hydron) affect only 1 enemy and do not spread after any period of time. Attempting to break spores simply kills the enemy and destroys the spore without spreading further spores.

Alternately: Spores despawn after casting without spreading or doing damage.

2) Spam-casting Spores causes the game to lock the ability under certain conditions (enemies dieing to the first cast before/during the second/subsequent casts within 1 second), preventing further casting and 'freezing' the infection UI element for the entirety of the remainder of the mission. Image Reference.

Archived