Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.0

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, Mohiten said:

Running into 2 major bugs with Saryn so far:

1) Spores do not linger/spread as intended. That is all.

Specifically: Spores cast into large groups of enemies (think the conga lines in Hydron) affect only 1 enemy and do not spread after any period of time. Attempting to break spores simply kills the enemy and destroys the spore without spreading further spores.

Alternately: Spores despawn after casting without spreading or doing damage.

2) Spam-casting Spores causes the game to lock the ability under certain conditions (enemies dieing to the first cast before/during the second/subsequent casts within 1 second), preventing further casting and 'freezing' the infection UI element for the entirety of the remainder of the mission. Image Reference.

Issues still exist, HOWEVER:

Issues are being directly caused by the secondary/alternative Spore cast effect "Trigger the ability again to detonate active spores". This change is unintuitive from Saryn's previous gameplay loop (aka Spore pylon), and feels unneeded in the face of being able to actively cultivate infection spread by attacking infected enemies.

This defeats the purpose of 'Spore spam' by neutering the ability to actively spread Spores (indirectly) by providing what feels like a needless addition to an already powerful ability.

SUGGESTION: Remove secondary cast effect, and allow spores to be recast (as per pre-rework behaviour). This allows spores to be more efficiently cast into crowds to 'prime' them for Saryn's new playstyle.

SUGGESTION: Replace the secondary cast effect with a passive informational overlay which SHOWS ACTIVE SPORES. This would let players actively track spores to spread them further/cultivate the infection further.

I don't want to be a whiner and i hope this doesn't become burried, but I have some issues with the new controller control scheme, specially the removal of the "quick access buttons" (and changing "Confirm" from A to X, but that's a pet peeve).

The Analog Mouse option is not bad, there were certain things that were just broken (Trying to use L1/R1 for certains menus was a 50/50 chance of being useless, i.e. trying to stock up on codex scanners) and the analog mouse fixes it.

But the option to just using buttons to open menus and move the cursor just feels far more comfortable than the current way, specially since most of the shortcuts (specially in the arsenal) are gone. There's also the problem that whenever you open a new screen the analog mouse cursor is always centered on the screen. The mod screen is even worse, since now to put in a new mod, you have to literally drag it over like if you were using a mouse (which kills the whole point of using a controller, IMHO).

It's probably a little arrogant to ask, but if its not a hasssle, wouldn't it be possible to either  implement it so that the option to use the old controller setting in the options. Alternative you guys could make a combination of both: keep the analog mouse control but include the button shortcuts and use the D-Pad to switch options or make it toggable (like sprinting), press L3/R3 to change from digital to analogue control and viceversa.

Just my onion, though, thanks either way for the game. :clem:

After testing the new saryn spore, the old one do more damage and make higher kps than the new one. The one you can stack toxin damage then spread it which make the damage ramp up from the new one like a joke. Like before 1 gas proc from my javlok can do 5k damage per tick to near 40m radius. The new one you have to wait for a long time for it to reach that damage. Before it just cast spore on 1 enemy then aim for headshot and done you get 5k damage per tick. If you want more damage just shot more before put spore on. 5 shots from javlok and 1 spore can kill every corrupted heavy gunner lvl 120 in near 40m radius. And there ppl said you get corrosive proc that remove armor. Ya that good but if you want to kill you still have to shot or wait for the damage ramp up high enough to kill. You also lose all the ramp up and have to wait again every time you fail to keep the spore up.

About the panthera beam effect the mag's magnetize. Before all the damage per tick per second will add to the bubble now it like only add 1 per second. Make the damage from beam to bubble alot weaker. Forced ppl using meta weapon again like lanka or mara detron if they want damage for bubble. You just kill a fun way to use other weapon than just focus on meta weapon.

I realize I'm late to the party, but THANK YOU for the Saryn rework. I've had Saryn for a bit and got her to 30, but after that didn't really play with her because her powers were all so inter-connected that it was a bother to track what a certain thing would DO. This rework has streamlined her, made each of her powers distinct and useful, and I've been enjoying it a lot.

I have serious performance issue with this update when I close the game and open it again, each time seems to run worse and worse and only it fixes on restarting the pc. I dont know if it is the new particles system or other module that is allocating memory, also once I close the game other aplications dont seem to be affected by posible memory allocation.

Well it was fun. Saryn was my favorite frame and I didn't even use the molt/spore/recast trick. Simply focused on one spore cast to infect as many people helping my time be proccing viral. Now. corrosive? Really? A ramp up? Can't recast? Doesn't spread properly either. Ooh infinite duration and scaling. To bad it doesn't work and ruins how she worked. Duration never mattered anyways DE. 

Seems like this 'new territory' is really the cemetery where the next good frame was buried. 

Now would you guys rework Banshees 4 or something. You guys clearly hate it, you guys clearly hate the fact that it's hated. Change it. It's unfair to all of the sudden make it cost 100 when YOU DON'T EVEN PUT THAT IN THE AUGMENT!!!!!!! I'm relatively new to this freaking game and I don't have spare Orokin Reactors just floating around or Forma. I'd really like that back. I literally just put a reactor in her and forma.  IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT IT COSTED 100 ENERGY BEFOREHAND I WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN BUILT HER!

If you don't like her 4 then rework it into something viable and good because this is ridiculous. This push and pull "Let's buff Banshee, ohhh she's getting too good at something let's nerf her 4 again!" crap is annoying. 

Having a major issue with the new Architect Obstacle Course... I don't know if its simply because we made a complicated and therefor challenging course, with only 9 capacity left! But the game keeps crashing for everyone trying to run it, as soon as the loading screen is around 75%, it freezes and then the game crashes... This is really getting annoying as we inspected the whole layout and couldn't find anything that would simply justify such problem. Is it possible that because we're using almost all the room capacity is making the game crash? Is there a limit for some items like Dummies, Lasers and Red Tiles?

Also take note that it would be interesting if ammo count would reset between each tries, having to exit and then reload into the instance is just a waste of time (when we managed to test out a simpler course!)... 

Never mind my post... managed to find what went wrong... seems that objects clipping into each other was the reason for not being able to get in or if loading the game was crashing. 

On 2018-05-17 at 3:40 PM, LSG501 said:

did you even bother reading the entire post I made..... or did you just pick out the magic word of 'wall'...

I've read everything, and I still keep my word on this. I've been playing melee like this since day one because I actually like meleeing. I've always ran around enemies and fought close and personal, and while I don't have problems with range mods, and they do help, I also never thought they were needed to work effectively. If there's one thing I think would improve melee(and the new melee system which I'm liking what I'm reading so far, this wasn't cited so far) is to bring back the old wall run(actual running, like prince of persia) for when you have a melee on, and allow for wall attacks to go further and adapt it's animations to diferent distances to any enemies you aim. Since current wall attacks are almost useless unless enemies are pretty close to you, and a wall.

On 2018-05-17 at 5:55 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Controller + Cursor Changes:

The seamlessness is good BUT it is some places [like the menu] are meant to have normal scrolling rather than using a cursor.

In Arsenal, these 4 options are better where: Equip was bound to [A], Upgrade was bound to [Y]/🔺, Appearance was bound to [X], Abilities bound to [RT], OR

rather we need an option like before to swiitch off the seamless switching.

Also there's a problem between alt fire+ melee channel button [as far as channeling is still in-game] this creates a problem (maybe a bug) where you cant channel while using glaive weapons [maybe only orvius in my experience].

Also what are plans for glaives that require chanelling, if in the incoming melee rework channeling is removed?

if we could increase the amount of sound for octavia it would be fine I think or else added parameters like slower faster, add place, length of notes (for some sound), acute or higher sounds(with limit) or background sound for the power number 4 without being unpleasant

I haven't noticed Lotus being less chatty in fissure missions. She seems to say all of the same insistent reminder lines about the reactant that she always did. I usually say them with her, so they don't annoy me, but I was surprised after the update notes to still hear them all. However, the Rescue Targets have suddenly become the "strong and silent" types. They no longer complain when they're suffering those little pains of, you know, bleeding to death. I failed a syndicate rescue mission while looking for the last medallion, because the rescue target bled out without saying a word. I was watching more closely the second attempt, but I still nearly failed it for the same reason, getting to the downed rescue target with only 5 seconds to spare. They didn't ask for a weapon, they didn't say anything about being hurt, they just tried to die quietly, to avoid inconveniencing me by reviving them.

Not every rescue target is always silent. I have heard at least one of them speak up on a normal mission. But even if it's just the syndicate targets, can we please remind them that it's okay to ask for help? No need to be overly macho and suffer in silence. Not when it's actually going to kill them! Thanks!

Not sure if already reported, but I saw a few bugs introduced with this update:

1- Transference in and out sound, as well as the sound it makes when you collect 10 reactant in a void fissure sometimes play for clients when the event happens for the host. (When host uses transference, all clients can hear it).

2- Rare resources do not leave a green mark on the floor after they were collected anymore, so you can waypoint them for others to collect.

Also there are a few minor bugs that were left behind unfixed, so if they could be taken care of, I would be very appreciated:

1- Rubedo formations in some planets have wrong saturation values (it looks bright red and when destroyed, becomes its usual color)

2- With the font update a few months ago, it seems like you forgot to update the alerts (!) icons in the navigation panel (It looks pixelated while the fonts have been improved)

Thank you very much.

Man I wish Ash could use Teleport on a Dargyn and just "GTA" the pilot, just stab him and throw him out while in air or something.

Why can Loki do that and not Ash!!

The REAL Ninja in a space ninja game, he's got the moves.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DE.

Great work as always. One issue is the new virtual cursor. I play on PC with a controller. And the new system is so iffy and tedious to use. The old one worked fine. I found a youtube vid that somea it all up very well I think. 

Again. Great work. I do appreciate all you do.

Archived