Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.2.0] Saryn Revisted 2.0 Feedback MEGATHREAD

[DE]Danielle

c2958b86152985ee840df054169e720b.jpg

"This... is Saryn. Elusive and deadly." ... Only now, she's even more elusive and deadlier. 

The poison queen has made her second debut into the hall of revisited Warframes in Beasts of the Sanctuary: Update 22.20.0! We hope you enjoy experimenting with her changes. We will be watching closely for your first impressions. As always, we appreciate your constructive feedback and encourage you to thoroughly play with the rework before sharing your thoughts. Please provide videos/images where possible when you do!

Interesting in hearing the devs perspective on the changes? Check out the official Saryn Revisited 2.0 Dev Workshop! For ability changes, read on in the spoilers below:

Spoiler

Spores 
Inflicts target with a pox of Corrosive spores. Spread spores to nearby enemies by destroying them or killing their host (*Specifically by the spores themselves or by the hand of the Saryn who owns those Spores). Trigger the ability again to detonate active spores. Additionally:

• Increased Status Chance from 10% to 50% (scales with Power Strength). 
  • A meter in the bottom right corner of your screen will show the number of affected enemies and how much damage is being dealt per tick to said enemies.
  • Recasting Spores detonates all active Spores and will deal 2x the damage on an inflicted enemy based on the number of active Spores and the current damage per tick. 
  • Venom Dose Augment: Spores cast on allies temporarily grant them additional Corrosive damage to all attacks.

Molt
Shedding her skin like a snake, Saryn leaves a decoy behind to draw fire from enemies.  Additionally:

• After casting, Saryn receives a momentary speed boost for a short duration. 
  • Molt now scales similar to Rhino’s Iron Skin - All the initial damage it takes in the first 3 seconds will make it stronger. Any damage it receives after that point will target the absorbed health.*
  • *Damage absorbed is shown in a buff indicator at the top of the screen.
  • *Once all absorbed damage has dispensed, Molt explodes dealing Toxin damage to nearby enemies. 

Toxic Lash 
While active, attacks deal additional Toxin damage; this effect is doubled for melee strikes. Instantly burst spores when attacking afflicted enemies. Additionally:

• Increased Duration from 30 seconds to 45 seconds. 
  • Toxic Lash no longer grants 2 Energy restore when bursting Spores - With the new spreading nature of Spores, survivability of Molt, and the increased duration of Toxic Lash and Miasma, Saryn is not as Energy hungry as she was before!
  • Contagion Cloud Augment: Kills with Toxic Lash leaves behind a Toxin cloud and Melee kills double the damage dealt by the cloud. 

Miasma
Release a poisonous miasma that deals Viral damage to enemies in range. Foes afflicted by spores are more susceptible to the mist. Additionally:

• Now has a 100% guaranteed Viral Status Effect on damage tick. 
  • Increased range from 15 meters to 20 meters (at max rank). 
  • Increased duration from 3 to 5 seconds.
  • Miasma inflicts double damage on targets affected by Spores. 
  • When recasting on the same enemy it will refresh the tick duration and maintain the Viral Status Effect, but will not stun enemies a second time until the Status Effect ticks have subsided. 

General Changes to Saryn: 

• Increased Saryn’s Armor from 175 to 225 (at rank 30)
  • Increased Saryn Prime’s Armor from 225 to 300 (at rank 30) 
  • Made some minor FX updates to Saryn’s abilities! 
    • Spores received a slight improvement to the FX.
    • Reduced the brightness of Miasma.
    • Improved FX to make her Molt cast more pronounced.
  • Spores have been optimized and will be much nicer to your CPU! 
  • Saryn is also coming with a whole new set of sounds voiced by [DE]Danielle. 

Also providing the FAQ list that was originally posted in the workshop here, and will continue to update it as questions pop up:

Spoiler

Q: Is Saryn's passive changing in her rework? 
A: It remains the same! Status Effects last longer on inflicted enemies. 

Q: Can you only spread Spores by having an enemy die while inflicted? 
A: That's one way of doing it! Destroying a Spore and dealing damage to enemies while Toxin Lash active will also spread Spores to surrounding enemies. 

Q: Does recasting Spores detonate all active Spores? 
A: Yes! 

Q: Is there a limit to how many enemies can be inflicted with Spores? 
A: No limit! 

Q: Is there a limit to Spores escalating damage? 
A: Spores can reach up to 100k damage per tick.

Q: Do Toxin Procs still get transferred via Spores?
A: Toxin Procs no longer get transferred via Spores. Instead of relying on that damage being carried we increased the overall damage of Spores and Melee with Toxin Lash. 

Q: Does Miasma pop Spores when cast? 
A: It does not! It will deal double damage on enemies inflicted with Spores, but Spores will continue on as usual regardless. 

Q: Can Molt still be recast to create a new decoy (destroying a previous instance in the process)? 
A: Yes! 

Q: Does Miasma still detonate Molt if its within range? 
A: It does not! 

Q: Can I still spread Spores with AOE damage?
A: You sure can! As long as Toxic Lash is active, you can spread spores with weapons with AOE damage. 

Q: How many Spores are transferred at a time? 
A: If you burst 1 Spore (or deal damage to a "spored" enemy with Toxic Lash) it will transfer a single Spore to nearby enemies. However! If all 3 Spores are burst in a single instance all 3 can spread.

Q: Can companions spread Spores? 

A: Yes! If they target and burst the Spores, they can spread. 

Known issues: 

• Spore counter in the UI disappearing if you swap to your Operator and back as Client. 
  • Spore counter in the UI remaining when switching to Operator. 
  • Casting Spores on an enemy that dies during the animation locks the ability from being recast until you die. 
  • Spores not doing damage while in Operator but damage continuing to increase over time. 
  • Spores breaking when entering the Onslaught Conduit while Spores is active. 
  • Above bugs have been fixed in Hotfix 22.20.2 ^
  • [Came back to life] Script error when casting Saryn’s Spores on a ragdoll. This resulted in the Spores to not show up (but still tick damage).
  • Fixed in Hotfix 22.20.3 ^

Friday, May 18th Note:

Hey guys! Wanted to pop in before us Canadians head out on a long weekend (Victoria Day on Monday woop woop). Thank you for all of your feedback so far, we've got lots of great notes on your first impressions.  

Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts as a weekend of Saryn playing is upon us!

Edited by [DE]Danielle
Friday, May 18th note!

this is gonna be good, one question though

30 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hide contents

Saryn is also coming with a whole new set of sounds voiced by [DE]Danielle. 

what’s this supposed to mean? last I remember Saryn isn’t a professional screamer like Valkyr, unless I’m missing something really obvious on my part 

Edited by goga_gola

9 minutes ago, goga_gola said:

this is gonna be good, one question though

what’s this supposed to mean? last I remember Saryn isn’t a professional screamer like Valkyr, unless I’m missing something really obvious on my part 

It was shown in the last prime time and a video of Danielle on twitter. Saryn is getting some shouts/screams for her Miasma

6 minutes ago, SergeantSunshine said:

It was shown in the last prime time and a video of Danielle on twitter. Saryn is getting some shouts/screams for her Miasma

wowzers, I knew missing that last stream was a bad idea. thanks.

Saryn is still energy hungry. Removing the 2 energy from spores makes the use of Zen almost mandatory or at least rage

Between spaming spore and toxic lash, even having increased duration, energy will be used way too fast.

3 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

Saryn is still energy hungry. Removing the 2 energy from spores makes the use of Zen almost mandatory or at least rage

Between spaming spore and toxic lash, even having increased duration, energy will be used way too fast.

Spore no longer needs to be/can no longer be spammed and Toxic Lash has gotten a duration increase, resulting in a lot less energy usage.

Very quick first impressions...and before try to say I'm wrong, these are MY opinions from what I experienced.

armour upgrade, no problem with this, although I am curious as to why saryn got it but not the tanks...

Spores... I've got 184% power strength and it does about 18 damage per second which considering how long an enemy lasts against our weapons, not to mention enemy scaling, I'm not sure that's high enough, it definitely feels like a downgrade from the old one imo.   Now you can say it's for armour stripping but if we wanted to do that we'll just all take corrosive projection or take say ignis wraith and build it for corrosive damage, it would likely do more damage...

The biggest issue though is spreading the spores, compared with the old one it seems really bad, it seems to be line of sight only which really doesn't make sense for a spore as it would 'float' in the air.  In the perfect environment of an enclosed space with lots of enemies all crammed in together, with nothing to get in the way I'm sure the spread is fine but on an open map with stuff in the way it just doesn't seem to work.  I just tested hydron and even with 200% range it just wasn't hitting enough enemies to make it worth using spores, it was actually better to just use miasma. 

Molt... Well the duration buff is nice as is the damage absorption but I just don't get the speed buff (same issue I have with khora's passive speed boost in all honesty)... if you want the frame to move faster why not just buff the base speed of the frame, the duration of the speed buff is so short in the case of molt it's hardly worth worrying over anyway.

Toxic lash... don't really see an issue here, although I think the scaling of toxin damage from power strength could be a little better

Miasma... it works pretty much the same as before even though you've changed the elemental damage but due to the changes in the way spore spreads it now feels like it's better to just nuke stuff in one go rather than 'support' the rest of the team... while I don't want it to be nerfed it does seem like the changes are a bit 'disjointed'

9 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Very quick first impressions...and before try to say I'm wrong, these are MY opinions from what I experienced.

armour upgrade, no problem with this, although I am curious as to why saryn got it but not the tanks...

Spores... I've got 184% power strength and it does about 18 damage per second which considering how long an enemy lasts against our weapons, not to mention enemy scaling, I'm not sure that's high enough, it definitely feels like a downgrade from the old one imo.   Now you can say it's for armour stripping but if we wanted to do that we'll just all take corrosive projection or take say ignis wraith and build it for corrosive damage, it would likely do more damage...

The biggest issue though is spreading the spores, compared with the old one it seems really bad, it seems to be line of sight only which really doesn't make sense for a spore as it would 'float' in the air.  In the perfect environment of an enclosed space with lots of enemies all crammed in together, with nothing to get in the way I'm sure the spread is fine but on an open map with stuff in the way it just doesn't seem to work.  I just tested hydron and even with 200% range it just wasn't hitting enough enemies to make it worth using spores, it was actually better to just use miasma. 

Molt... Well the duration buff is nice as is the damage absorption but I just don't get the speed buff (same issue I have with khora's passive speed boost in all honesty)... if you want the frame to move faster why not just buff the base speed of the frame, the duration of the speed buff is so short in the case of molt it's hardly worth worrying over anyway.

Toxic lash... don't really see an issue here, although I think the scaling of toxin damage from power strength could be a little better

Miasma... it works pretty much the same as before even though you've changed the elemental damage but due to the changes in the way spore spreads it now feels like it's better to just nuke stuff in one go rather than 'support' the rest of the team... while I don't want it to be nerfed it does seem like the changes are a bit 'disjointed'

I feared this lol

After playing her a bit with 250% range and 130% power strenght i can say only 1 thing  - This rework fells like a masive nerf. Spores spreading range is a joke, damage scaling is to low and slow even if you infected >20 enemys = spores are not worth using anymore..and that was her main power.

DE im afraid here..if you killing saryn with your so called rework, whats going to happend when you finaly rework Valkyr..

Huh... Tried the spore. They're quite slow to grow put once the damage began to stack, they're like an unstable outbreak that even surpass the spawn rate in survival. 

Nah, that rework is pretty awesome and i find it a bit overtuned if there's enough ennemies in the same room. But once spread out, the damage are a bit slow to grow... Hum... Seems legit. Nah, i do enjoy this rework.

32 minutes ago, shootaman777 said:

Isn't it great when you edit feedback into your post for over half an hour, and go to add more to it, only to find out it has been deleted?  Hope your Saryn changes work out well, everyone, y'all can count me out of testing and giving any feedback on her, going forwards. 

Hidden: "While waiting for the update to download, may as well do some theorycrafting. "

We hide posts that don't meet the requested criteria to devote our attention to the ones that do :)!

> we appreciate your constructive feedback and encourage you to thoroughly play with the rework before sharing your thoughts 

Spores spreading feels way worse than before. Also, Toxis Lash doesn't seem to have 100% toxin status chance anymore? Missing the numbers here.

Edit: cast spores again to destroy also isn't fun. If there are enemies affected with spores, you have to essentially cast spores twice to apply a new spore 😞

Edited by ScaraX0

I really dont understand how the spores work now, sometimes they spread on like the whole map(was testing on Hydron), and sometimes on just 1-2 enemies. And many times the spore counter disappears, but i clearly see damage numbers ticking on enemies. Used 130% Strength and 280% Range.

Also damage wise theyre are ok imo, WHEN they work and spread 🙂

Edited by ARKANOiiDe

Only thing I dont really like is the unresponsive nature between racasting spore to detonate all current spores and being able to re-apply a new one.

Cant this be merged so when you do hit the spore button a second time it automatically casts a new spore along with detonating all other spores? Right now it is really clunky if you simply wanna apply spores to a new target.

hace 1 hora, Sky_Gamer_Ufficial dijo:

Is me or is not possible to cast Spores on Molt? I've tried a lot of times to cast it, but nothing....... sometimes Spores don't want to go on enemies. Please DE fix this...

They removed that, cause people spam molt + spores on defense and DE doesnt like that.

Edited by Praesagium