Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update 22.2.0] Saryn Revisted 2.0 Feedback MEGATHREAD

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, Praesagium said:

They removed that, cause people spam molt + spores on defense and DE doesnt like that.

we are to fast for them to keep up with the new content so they ner and nerf

9 minutes ago, Fosuya said:

@[DE]Danielle - About the spore casting getting locked out,  thus far it seems to be reproducable on my end.

Frame by frame replay

Saryn, Initiates to cast Spore
Intended target dies
Spore finished casting
 Corpse disappears along with spore
Nothing particular happens
Standard Skill-UI shows that spores are active ready to exploded but no Infection-UI
Henceforth til death or map remake Spore skill is now Locked from action.

Thanks for the details! I believe we have a good set of repro-steps and are on our way towards a fix. 

6 minutes ago, PapaWeeb said:

The Spores graphic for spore count and damage is definitely not working properly atm. Took her to sanctuary and quite frequently (maybe because moving away from the spores, or team kills spreading them?) the counter disappears, even though I can see the corrosive ticks of damage all around the map. Because the counter is gone you activate spores on another enemy, only to have the original spores detonate.

Hey! Did you happen to be client? And did you at any point swap to your Operator while Spores was active? Thanks :) 

I have to admit I'm not sure what to think about the new changes, I tested it in the simulacrum and maybe i'm doing something wrong or have her modded wrong for the new changes but for myself I like to kill things quickly and efficiently and so far it's just not doing it for me. As I said maybe I have her modded wrong, but at level 100 gunners using spore to infect one then my electric gun to infect 7 more it took minute and 20 seconds to kill the group 

My range says 141m, but doesnt spread to mobs 30m away. Something isnt right here. Doesnt even spread to mobs in arms reach of the spores half the time. I tested this on frozen level 100 corrupted bombards in the simulacrum just to check is spore spreading was working.

;Edit

Double checking shows the spread radius is 37.6 m, but it is not doing that either.

Edited by MrRagez
correction

2 minutes ago, Koed said:

Pretty sure spread range was untouched at 16m. My build currently has 42,4m spread range - enough to cover most rooms! 

yeah it is untouched but before you could just spam it and spread range was irrelevant but now you have to rely on it and i bet the 42m range are coming from like 280% range or something like that? because thats eating up 4 mod slots and costing you strength just to make them spread enough

She's absolutely amazing. She functions on a spiral of buffs and debuffs. 

Her 1 applies corrosive which do Damage over Time and apply corrosive procs. Her 3 adds toxin damage which pops the spores when the weapons hits an enemy increasing the Damage Over Time and creating a new wave of corrosive procs. In turn, the lowered armor increases the damage received from her 3. She just melts lvl 140 no matter the faction in melee, primaries and secondaries don't get as much of a buff, but once the procs get to do their work you will take 1/3 or 1/2 of a lvl 140 enemy with one bullet. Far away enemies will have their enemy stripped and health eaten significantly while you fight, if they manage to get to you before they die, the will be significantly weakened. 

Just now, MrRagez said:

My range says 141m, but doesnt spread to mobs 30m away. Something isnt right here. Doesnt even spread to mobs in arms reach of the spores half the time. I tested this on frozen level 100 corrupted bombards in the simulacrum just to check is spore spreading was working.

there are two ranges on this ability the high number (141m in your case) is the casting range so you can cast it on targets that far away the other number is the spread range wich is much lower (about a third of the first range)

Spores had viral. not corrosive. what they did was spread toxin around though that was on the enemy,

Also from my experience Miasma actually gained a synergy my creating a burst spread as enemies die rapidly.

An element change switch on spores could be somewhat neat though.

Edited by Airwolfen

4 minutes ago, AtomicNuclearZarkiel said:

1) Spores using Corrosive instead of old Toxin damage. There are many instances when Toxin is preferable to corrosive, especially in optimized squads with 4 CP. IMO it would b nice to have an ability to switch between different kinds of spores, like Vauban does with his mines. or Ivara with her quiver. This would give Saryn much more versatility.

2) Detonating the spores instead of recasting them is redundant, because detonating deals less damage than popping them with Toxic lash and re-spreading them, so it serves no purpose. More than that, due to UI bug the spore counter may disappear, prompting you to recast spores that will detonate them instead and leave you without the stacks you've gained so far.

IMO the detonation property should be removed, or altered so that it causes spores to spread on detonation instead of making them disappear without a trace. Recasting/detonating should still apply spores to the target in any case, as per normal spore cast.

3) Molt synergies with anything at all are lost completely, which looks really weird considering all other synergies were kept almost intact. It is now a fairly useless ability outside of an augment. 

Suggestion: make Molt be affected by spore spread and be able to store a spore on itself (from player cast or an enemy spread) so that when it detonates/killed/expired it would spread the spore, also keeping a player from losing their spore stacks if there are no enemies around

it also should have some sort of new synergy with Miasma.

4) Miasma has lost part of its synergy with spores, and its synergy with Molt. IMO it should help propagate the spores or affect stacks in some way.

1) Spore was Viral and not Toxic damage.

2) Recasting detonating Spores is to avoid Spore idle play.

3) Only Synergy players used was spamming Spore on Molt to spread spore and deal damage to enemies without moving which was a stupid gameplay.

4) Miasma`s damage is increase with Toxic, Viral and Corrosive procs on enemies, since Spore now deals Corrosive it hasnt lost the Synergy.

infection counter goes away when you go into operator mode that's kind of annoying you can see spores are still on enemies but the counter is just gone.

Spores  are less effective but miasma is more effective  it seems to mostly even out.

I only ran 1 onslaught to 10 to test but overall I would say probably a buff... Or at least not a big nerf she is still very effective in the sanctuary. 

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary

Saryns new voice is kinda hard to listen to because of how off-putting it sounds. I personally just don't like it -- I won't speak for others -- and it makes it difficult to play Saryn without completely muting the game altogether. Like, voices for Rhino and Valkyr make sense  due to them roaring / screaming. Atlas' "voice" doesn't even sound remotely human. So it's easier to put up with theirs, even though they still kinda grate the ears a fair bit. Those I can deal with. But Saryn? Again it's just... really off-putting. It'd be great if we could have an option to disable her voice in the Sound options menu, similarly to how we have the option to disable Octavia's Mandachord.

5 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Thanks for the details! I believe we have a good set of repro-steps and are on our way towards a fix. 

Hey! Did you happen to be client? And did you at any point swap to your Operator while Spores was active? Thanks 🙂

Yep to both

3 минуты назад, BiancaRoughfin сказал:

1) Spore was Viral and not Toxic damage.

2) Recasting detonating Spores is to avoid Spore idle play.

3) Only Synergy players used was spamming Spore on Molt to spread spore and deal damage to enemies without moving which was a stupid gameplay.

4) Miasma`s damage is increase with Toxic, Viral and Corrosive procs on enemies, since Spore now deals Corrosive it hasnt lost the Synergy.

Oh ok my bad. It carried toxin on itself though, and viral was far more useful than corrosive in optimised squad, so my point still stands. Detonation is bugged currently and may lock you out of spores entirely.

Edited by AtomicNuclearZarkiel

2 minutes ago, Pendragon1951 said:

I have to admit I'm not sure what to think about the new changes, I tested it in the simulacrum and maybe i'm doing something wrong or have her modded wrong for the new changes but for myself I like to kill things quickly and efficiently and so far it's just not doing it for me. As I said maybe I have her modded wrong, but at level 100 gunners using spore to infect one then my electric gun to infect 7 more it took minute and 20 seconds to kill the group 

What you have to keep in mind is that the majority of your damage is not coming from your spores - but from Saryn's 3rd: Toxic Lash. If you get some decent power stre the single target damage or small aoe damage (Lenz, Amprex, Zarr Etc) is really strong! But you are not getting the scaled damage from your weapon in 40m range anymore. Hope that helps.

5 minutes ago, MrRagez said:

141m is the cast range. Mayb you are mistaking the toxic proc with the spores. Check above - maybe that helps 🙂

7 minutes ago, CpTKugelHagel said:

yeah it is untouched but before you could just spam it and spread range was irrelevant but now you have to rely on it and i bet the 42m range are coming from like 280% range or something like that? because thats eating up 4 mod slots and costing you strength just to make them spread enough

I get what you are saying but worst case scenario you kill of the group to the right and then cast spores on the group to your left to kill them next. Still very strong. And yeah, using 3 slots but on the flip side I won't have to use duration mods anymore. So I can't complain.

Just now, Koed said:

I get what you are saying but worst case scenario you kill of the group to the right and then cast spores on the group to your left to kill them next. Still very strong. And yeah, using 3 slots but on the flip side I won't have to use duration mods anymore. So I can't complain.

but you need the duration for the 3rd ability (atleast some duration)

Just now, AtomicNuclearZarkiel said:

Oh ok my bad. It carried toxin on itself thouhg, and viral was far more useful than corrosive in optimised squad, so my point still stands.

Wouldnt make much difference if your dealing peashots to it because of high armor. Considering how Armor scales in the game, corrosive would be far more beneficial.