The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Archwing a bit love on the plain

Kelpie77

I think archwing have a wonderful mechanics but it seems something noone really care, and noone really like.
Archwing missions are boring, and you will need to do A LOT of them, all identical, just to level up a weapon or archwing. And you do this for... what? really nothing

Then you go into the Plain of Eidolon and you discover you can just call for archwing and use it here. Cool. And having a "ceiling" and "floor" give new dimension, like the abilities to rotate and give more contest. But those are pretty useless, and still disappointing:
- SAM missile are instantly putting you down. Instantly. If you get hit, you go down. Does'nt matter your archwing has 1200 hp and 1150 shield, one hit and you go down
- archwing abilities seems not really working: the 1 and 2 from odonata does'nt prevent damage nor getting hit by SAM
- you can't use your archwing weapons, and hitting "E" will get you self dismount
- really not more useful at hunting down dargyn or flying target than standing on the ground

So... what's the solution? putting archwing content inside Plains. I mean: real archwing content:
- sam and other ground based attacks would just damage you, as it's supposed to be. Maybe SAM will do a lot more damage, does'nt matter, this would be way better than instant knocdown to the ground
- archwing abilities should matter, so Disarray should protect you from SAM/Missiles and Energy Shell reducing damage
- let's permit archwing weapon usage. You can use "Q" for dismount key, or another else
- put real content, ie archwing only targets

the way i see it, archwing in the plain are only a way to move more quickly; if you got zephyr or a fast moving warframe, is not even really worth the resources.
Using the skyes of eidolon for some archwing content would give them their rightful place; if there are some unbalancing between normal ground target and archwing weapons (or viceversa), you can put some "shield" to protect ground target from archwing weapon, and put some archwing-enemies to attack only archwing and not ground warframe

i guess there are not really a reason to add this content on the Plain of Eidolon, not with dargyn stealing mechanics and the plains opened to low level players, but please DE put some real archwing content on the Plains of Venus (or whatever will be the name of the next open world area). This really will give some new way to address the content, letting the player play the archwing whenever they whant without reducing time spent on the rest of the game, and i guess is not even really long time consuming task because almost all archwing mechanics are already in the game 🙂

I mostly just want (an option for) regular Archwing controls, this third control scheme is even worse than the "experimental" one,
not least with it seemingly at random deciding I need to scrape along the ground now, with nothing making me rise up again
(it's entirely possible I'm just doing it wrong / missing something, any help there is appreciated).

yeah it happens to me too to being pressed around the ground. I think is just a mattere of how the "ceiling" work in eidolon
probably archwing is supposed to be just a colorful mode to travel the plain, not a rightful useable mechanics.
this is one of the reason why i says "let's stay PoE as it is, but think about doing something good in Plain of Venus" 😐