Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"ANCESTOR" set | Rhino / Axe or twin axe / Shield

DeRaTar

"Near" to the end. Very uncomfortable without a graphic tablet and stylus... all the work is done with the mouse + keyboard...

The first post was updated. This is not the final version. The small details that are on the model on the image are lost but the overall concept is visible. I hope you will enjoy.

В 21.07.2018 в 13:32, Shad0wWatcher сказал:

It's looking pretty damn cool man, it's too bad we aren't allowed to alter the model but i'm curious about how it's gonna look in the end cause you are still building on the base model of Rhino so it could still work.

Thanks. In fact, yes, I'm working with the basic model, but there are some changes (most often not very noticeable because of the armor on top) like the feet or the open part of the spine on the back, want change his hands too, but there are doubts...

How about weapons? Maybe later I'll make a sword or mace for the kit to the shield or for one-handed/double-handed use.

В 25.07.2018 в 22:56, Vlada91 сказал:

Much better,and nice job 😏👏👏

It is a pity that you did not like the first version of the head.

It's a shame that I can not realize my ideas completely because of the technical weakness of my laptop. All sorts of errors do not spoil much the process but sometimes the program hangs and crashes... Not to mention just the inaccessibility of some operations. But still I will try and continue.

mriYAvh.jpg

As usual - the first post is updated.

I think you should learn low-high subdiv workflow, and keep a WIP thread at Polycount. You're getting that error because you're probably going into the 10 million polygon range in Zbrush. I also suggest focusing more on the silhouette, and to rely less heavily on alpha maps and surface noise. That stuff is best reserved for polish work imo.

Edited by zetheros1

2 часа назад, zetheros1 сказал:

I think you should learn low-high subdiv workflow, and keep a WIP thread at Polycount. You're getting that error because you're probably going into the 10 million polygon range in Zbrush. I also suggest focusing more on the silhouette, and to rely less heavily on alpha maps and surface noise. That stuff is best reserved for polish work imo.

Thank you for the tips. I understand that on the lower levels of the polygon work is more comfortable and easier. Simply, I am learning the program in the process of creating this model (which in fact can be considered as the first) and I find out something too late so that I could just correct the mistakes. And of course I understand that I still have a lot to learn, but I'm happy about it, I like sculpting. I think in subsequent works I can avoid most of the mistakes made and simplify the process.

В 31.07.2018 в 03:58, -.SP.-G43riel сказал:

i dont get where there was a nose to complain
new version is good but the previous one was great, overall nice work and i dont even like rhino

Thank you. The first helmet I liked for its smooth forms... but still the second version of the head is more suited to the concept of the body... i think so. The first version of the model of the head where there was a nose you can see under the first (lower) spoiler in the first message.

That's all for now. There were some errors in processing, such as changing the material and texture on some parts (open parts of the body, especially - skin / vertebra), and somehow the straps "flew away" from the fingers on the gauntlet ... I'll fix it later.

3asm6M4.jpg

nsizotY.jpg

5WkSQVx.jpg

rG9bBCf.jpg

wDjEFJ3.jpg

F7MbOmK.jpg

On 2018-08-02 at 3:32 PM, DeRaTar said:

That's all for now. There were some errors in processing, such as changing the material and texture on some parts (open parts of the body, especially - skin / vertebra), and somehow the straps "flew away" from the fingers on the gauntlet ... I'll fix it later.

3asm6M4.jpg

You know what,you have big like for this and I wish that this skin somehow be accepted in the game.... this skin have amazing potential,but what if have more energy line so that looks more like sci fi....??? 

For example S6V0ca2.jpg

vKg5aQw.jpg

Edited by Vlada91

11 часов назад, Vlada91 сказал:

You know what,you have big like for this and I wish that this skin somehow be accepted in the game.... this skin have amazing potential,but what if have more energy line so that looks more like sci fi....??? 

For example S6V0ca2.jpg

vKg5aQw.jpg

Glad you liked it. I had such ideas but I decided to follow the name of the project and make a model... just like it's look like - a little "outdated" by appearance, without many man-made parts and lighthing elements. In fact, I even made a variant like you have on the image with luminous elements on the left hand of the model but in the end I refused because it stood out more strongly and it got out of the general view.

But at the same time I agree that it is possible on the basis of this model to make another. But this will be a completely different model.

And yes I forgot to indicate the glowing elements. They are few, but they are.

Oog5ynz.jpg

If I decided to add a little more specifically(!) for this model, I would do something like this. Something not very noticeable, emphasizing some lines of model. Maybe even less.

GEuuZuo.jpg

DeRaTar, you really have a talent here. this being your first project, well it seems you definitely have an eye for beauty. your attention to detail truly is something amazing. im just looking at the pattern on the blade of the axe, and all i can think is "holy hell, how much time must you have spent tediously pouring over this sculpt?" you have dedication, and talent, and skill; and for someone who doesnt have but the basic setup, you blew a lot of other more experienced, and more equipped creators out of the water. that is just my opinion, but its one i stand by. youve made a beautiful piece of art here. well done.

В 04.08.2018 в 07:49, (XB1)B1ueKarou сказал:

DeRaTar, you really have a talent here. this being your first project, well it seems you definitely have an eye for beauty. your attention to detail truly is something amazing. im just looking at the pattern on the blade of the axe, and all i can think is "holy hell, how much time must you have spent tediously pouring over this sculpt?" you have dedication, and talent, and skill; and for someone who doesnt have but the basic setup, you blew a lot of other more experienced, and more equipped creators out of the water. that is just my opinion, but its one i stand by. youve made a beautiful piece of art here. well done.

Many thanks. I did not expect such kind words in relation to my work... I really tried to create this project but I also perfectly understand that all that I did another more experienced artist and sculptor could do faster and most likely many processes would be simplified. I do not know all aspects of the program, all its capabilities, but in the future I think I will be able to close these gaps and I will be able to create something better by spending less effort and time on it.

In fact, I draw since childhood, but in the future I did not get a special profile education (if do not take into account that I'm a certified restorer and decorator, at that time in most cases I did not study the picture but I just reproduced what I already know since I already had this knowledges). At some time, computers began to appear in the world and later I independently studied 2D graphics, technologies gradually evolved, phones and tablets appeared on which I also managed to learn about graphic programs, after this I discovered for myself 3D sculpting. Most of my abilities and skills I acquired on my own... as about which I mentioned related to computer graphics and about which I have kept silent but which I own in real life. For me, self-development... is an important thing.

The first post was updated. Due to a slight decrease in the quality of the model, I managed to make it a posing. Not very difficult (I will not say how much I spent time on it or you will laugh at me) without any fighting stand, jumps and other things, but you can see how everything looks as set. I hope you will enjoy.