Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.2

[DE]Megan

Saryn is so bugged and I feel like other warframes might have some issues aswell. For example, after 2min in a mission I wasn't able to cast any of my abilities or even go to operator. This had happened to me on some Eidolon hunts but that was the first time I experienced that bug in a mission.

5 часов назад, Shaloman сказал:

It is not.

EDIT: it actually works well, but it's more of an alternative than a solution. I know Steve kept saying we don't have proper controller support, but the previous iteration was really damn close to full support. This is not. I think this is a nice option to keep, especially for an onscreen KB layout that actually works, but not to replace the good controller support we recently had following the Shrine update.

possible bug:

• some menus don't allow you to use the controller face buttons to interact with the menu, i.e the arsenal. You could press the face buttons when highlighting a weapon to open the upgrade, appearance, etc, but with the current version of virtual cursor mode, you need to hover over the option and select it, which adds to the sluggish feeling.
  • Not being able to use the D-pad is frustrating and counter intuitive. In fact, I could forgive the cursor if the d-pad still works, since it normally functions as an alternate L-stick anyway. 
  • there's no acceleration on cursors (again, it feels sluggish)
  • Steam controller is default layout with Auto-detect.......
  • Steam controller buttons sometimes replace the new black and white XB1 icons

This should be toggle-able. What you guys did in the previous iteration of controller support (auto-detect for the four controller types, and and pretty much universal support for all menus as far as I could tell) was really good. I could hop in and not have to deal with the stupid Steam BPM and its ugly controller layer. Controller support was snappy, it felt like traditional console layout, when selections were highlighted quickly and easily. This basically just feels like i'm using an emulator like Xpadder to move around and it feels so slow. To navigate menus with items, selections and highlights are based on the cursor position with L-stick, which is slow in menus. in chat, scrolling is based on the window with the cursor, so I have to move it to scroll, often with the R-stick, which means I'm still using both sticks, but scrolling one window at a time...slowly.

BRING BACK PREVIOUS LAYOUT! you nailed the colors and icons last time with the auto-detect UI, this black and white/steam layout isn't very appealing (again why is steam the default layout? it's ugly and most people were glad to be done with it), since I like color...but it would be nice to keep it since I also think it fits the WF style style . Basically, bring back the previous controller support you had just before patch, and add these new changes as optional. 

also, add dead-zone sliders and give us toggles for how secondary fire should be handled with controller, like with stradavar, but for every weapon with a fire more that's completely separate from main fire (tenora, pandero, panthera, etc). Having to press thumbstick all the time to fire weapons wears them out and makes ghosting worse over time.

+1
[DE] Please BACK old interface controller!

Saryn's Spore is straight up ruined. Cannot get the spores to jump to enemies two feet away despite having a +160% range and doing so little damage to even level 25 enemies while being at +185% strength. You cannot control it well either since recasting it destroys all your spores rather than placing more on an enemy in a different area, spores don't spread die out and you're left with an ability doing very little to help you. 
I used to love Saryn, she was my baby back all the way since her introduction. This rework was unnecessary and pointless, once again DE proves they know very little in the way of re-balancing. This was my favourite frame and now I feel underpowered at 3 forma and high power strength, range and decent efficiency and duration.
Stop doing this to frames. Khora got only buffs, why did you nerf Saryn's main ability so hard? You said you wanted people to be smarter playing Saryn and use other abilities more, but now you have a problem where only Miasma does decent damage and so you have to Strength + Efficiency build and spam to do well.
By trying to make Saryn not a spam frame you locked her into being another type of spam frame

idk if im the only one having this but when i played the new saryn in OS mode and ii got a bug (i think) where the tick counter get stuck in 15 and no enemies were infected by my spores which made me unable to use my spores on my enemies 

pls help

10 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

When can the rewards for Elite Onslaught Rotation C become more consistent with the release of the game mode? Since Khora parts were replaced with Radiant Axi Relics, Braton Vandal Stock, Lato Vandal Barrel, and Peculiar Bloom dropped from 3.16% drop chance to 2.46%, and after the introduction of Peculiar Growth, it is further reduced to 2.21%. Why is there continued dilution instead of consistency?

The chance to receive Endo or Radiant Neo relics needs to be reduced to standardize the rewards of these parts and the Radiant Axi Relics to their original drop chance of 3.16%. Consistency between patches for drop rates is important. The Official PC drop rates for Warframe can be found here.

This is inexcusable:

17b025d332af46e45f896f5e998cbaf2.png

so wait is there no way to get khora now?

Just now, Vita52 said:

so wait is there no way to get khora now?

They just moved all of khora's parts to regular onslaught, i believe those are all numbers for elite since the vandal pieces and peculiar mod are on it.

So the only two things that I've noticed with the controller improvements that still need worked on is the ability to select matchmaking other than pressing "Y" for the dropdown. Makes no sense to just drop down without being able to select anything. Also "RB" used to be able to pull the Navigation Tab down to actually view and sort through it. I would have thought it would have been kept and been able to actually select missions through the controller. The "RB" icon shows up in the corner, but it doesn't correlate to the action performed. Other than that, I'm fairly impressed with the Controller updates as well as the rest of the updates. Edit: After continuously testing the RB and Y functions on the navagation, I've concluded that it works, but inconsistently. Not really sure how to find a manner in which it would work either. Just had to keep pressing buttons on the controller, leaving the navagation and coming back into it to get it to work.

In addition to this, since I don't really post on the forums very often, I'd like to recommend adding categories to the recruitment chat tab. Meaning those looking for a mission based on relic, mission type, endo, index, etc. Instead of everyone meshing their posts all into one chat, would be much cleaner if people were to recruit to their specific mission to create less confusion and reduce incorrect invitations to incorrect parties i.e. Player confused Axi with Neo or S1 with S2. Would also help that if divided into categories a chat count be displayed to allow players to see how many people are looking to run the same mission, with the player names accessable to talk, invite, etc.

Furthermore, a further improvement to prevent mistakes would be to increate the size and create borders around player options like "Talk", "Invite", "Add Friend", etc. I can't begin to tell you how many times I have accidentally, as well as many others, selected "Invite" when wanting to "Talk" to a player or "Add Friend" when wanting to "Invite". Just seems too bunched up, even on a 26" LCD television. Like even just having borders around the player drop down menus would be particularily useful. DE probably won't actually read this, but I'd find it hard to believe that players wouldn't agree with me on these particular issues.

Either way, keep up the good work if you are reading this!

34 minutes ago, Arkhenbarn said:

Equinox's Rest & Rage is not working, enemies get alerted when asleep. Bug or stealth nerf?

seems like a bug i dont think they would nerf the whole purpose of an ability like that atleast not without some reveal of it 

1 hour ago, Fanzschnabs said:

-Broken "sleep" and alertness, A.K.A "why did you ninja-ruin equinox Adaro-runs ?" :

Multiple things to take into account here, 

1) might be a simple unintended bug, ...but if it's not then

2) players doing adaro this way are only using the game in an intended way. You have to get one of the 2 single frames able to achieve this, namely, ivara and equinox, and both are unusually hard to get on average, Ivara because it requires full spies and rng, and equinox because you need RNG over the RNG itself (8 parts, really...) when it could have used something like... "hey, it's day time on Uranus, Tyl Regor is going to drop the 4 dayparts only"(and obviously, the night parts at night)

3) Players doing this are SOLOING, because a) it's a nightmare trying to do those in public, b) even in premade teams, the multiplier doesn't affect other players while each player needs to refresh his/her own stealthkill counter, and c) any player being seen is enough to deny anyone of the bonus, multiple rooms away.

4) Some Players doing this are SOLOING, by choice, because there is no other option for them (like, high ping, or an unstable internet connection, meaning they're already frustrated enough from being kicked out of multiplayer games...). Making them rely on Sanctuary Onslaught is asking them to play a gamemode specifically designed with multiplayer in mind, with wider spawns and no respite, alone, with no advantage whatsoever in term of efficiency decline...

5) YES, this is sort of "minmaxing" the game, which is, for all I can remember, NOT something DE wants to prevent since the ViverGate debacle... A.K.A. "There will always be a lootcave...". Players are only relying on Adaro because of the lack of anything else. No better mechanics to get amplified bonus (so they try to get the better out of the "stealthkill+focus convergence orb" combo). No other maps with high lvl enemies and the correct type of mission that isn't already "ALERTED" the second you step into it (A.K.A. "no stealthkills in defense/mobdef/survival/etc" ).

This problem cut my playtime from 2hrs a day to 2mins a day. I only need Focus, every other thing I farmed already 🙂 It's not my fault that the grind for Focus is stupidly high and gain in normal play is pathetic. So players find a most efficient way to farm it, BIIIG surprise. There's ton of ways to fix focus adaro grind problem. But first DE must realize, that the problem isnt Adaro, Equinox or stealth - the problem is Focus itself 😕

il y a 55 minutes, Maelstroa a dit :

Saryn's Spore is straight up ruined. Cannot get the spores to jump to enemies two feet away despite having a +160% range and doing so little damage to even level 25 enemies while being at +185% strength. You cannot control it well either since recasting it destroys all your spores rather than placing more on an enemy in a different area, spores don't spread die out and you're left with an ability doing very little to help you. 
I used to love Saryn, she was my baby back all the way since her introduction. This rework was unnecessary and pointless, once again DE proves they know very little in the way of re-balancing. This was my favourite frame and now I feel underpowered at 3 forma and high power strength, range and decent efficiency and duration.
Stop doing this to frames. Khora got only buffs, why did you nerf Saryn's main ability so hard? You said you wanted people to be smarter playing Saryn and use other abilities more, but now you have a problem where only Miasma does decent damage and so you have to Strength + Efficiency build and spam to do well.
By trying to make Saryn not a spam frame you locked her into being another type of spam frame

It is supposed to ramp up damage : the longer it's active, the faster the damage stack up.

Recasting is currently more like "decasting", to make the spores explode on a single tap of "1". I suppose they should allow recasting, and put the "decast" on the "hold the '1' key" function (just liker switching arrow type on Ivara)

The propagation problem is probably more due to the fact your allies can't propagate it for you, not even other saryns, but they effectively prevent you from spreading it better or keeping it active. (DE don't want to overpower it, but at the same time this prevent teamplay by definition...)

The middle ground would be "others can propagate it, but the spores aren't really taken care of so they stop growing in power for some time... like, each time spores are spread by an ally -I'd even say, a NON-SARYN ally- then the spores are stuck at their current power/damage for 5 seconds, the more duration you have, the faster they start growing again. This would ensure that a saryn managing a bit of enemies in a corner can raise up some festering plague and then unleash it for everyone to use against enemies.

I too, was a main Saryn at her start, back in the days you still had to use "power" mods, and I used her almost exclusively as a "bruiser" (tankish melee fighter) relying on her molt and toxic lash (along with a trusty Serro), although I sometime donned the "Evil" mantle of the "Press 4 to win-Saryn", when we still had to do 5 rounds of every invasion, and my clanmates needed it done fast.

During those time, I never heard, not even once, anyone, clanmate or "random" players, say "damn, that saryn is really spoiling the game". Everyone was OK with a Saryn powering through the hords of mobs, while the whole group went "turbo" thanks to a Volt, and everyone had energy aplenty from a Trinity, it was simply sharing the burden, or "dealing roles" to have the best, fastest run possible, since we still had to do it 4 more times after this. What was actually happening, was having people thankful for such a group, and asking if we were maybe doing this or that other invasion. Since they announced the 1st rework, I was hyped about what they would do with saryn, and was expecting much of it, except I was let down by what DE did with it since they only advertised the supposedly positive changes, and nerfed her diversity of builds to the ground. What was really nice on paper was in fact something dreadful to play... "So, I have to activate my molt in a good spot, have spores on enemies, have spores on the molt itself, activate toxic lash, hit the molt in melee to have the toxic lash bonus spread to everyone, cast some more spores on molt, and then detonate miasma, which detonate molt, which does added damage and multipliers to spores which are consummed by miasma.... provided I have enough energy, enough efficiency, that the molt doesn't just die 2 seconds after being used because it's now so fragile, and most importantly, that the enemies aren't already dead by then, because figures, either enemies are too weak for it to spread, or they are strong enough to kill me and my molt while I ponder who hated her so much at DE to do this to her...Ah, did I tell you the 3 other players in the squad didn't wait for me to finish ? yeah, all that energy is now wasted...Hurraaaa..."

I also saw really fast what would happen with the synergies past a certain level, and how it would lock her in a single role of "AoE blaster for defenses", and thought I had to raise awareness about it.

When I mentionned this (calmly, with actual facts) on the chat, the sheer amount of people going "You're just mad because you can't Press-4-2-win anymore!!!!!!!" even when I mentionned I only used her "nuke" form for the invasions, and that what concerned me was the inability to play her as "bruiser" anymore, was reaching crazy "too damn high" levels, even in the form of some moderators/guides who apparently thought that since they "worked for DE" they had to lick their feets and have no personal opinion on the matter, or at least, not an opinion in conflict what was done by DE. In retrospect, Those people shunned me for saying what is now seen as a FACT even by DE themselves.

Now, Saryn get back that armor she lost when she was reworked (and redefined as a "caster" type and nothing else) which is a good thing. As a matter of fact, she is now a little bit tankier than a Rhino(w/o iron skin), So this isn't a nerf, but actually a BUFF which also allows for more diversity in the builds.

Concerning the miasma change, it is a good thing... you don't need 10 procs of viral on the same targets, as those do NOT stack... which was what spores were doing. Now Miasma take this role of "cut their HP in half" in a WIDER area, (from 15 to 20m base range, IIRC... that's +33.3% free of charge) with HIGHER damage (from 350 to 500 per second, so a +43% dmg buff) and LONGER duration (3 seconds, 4 ticks, to 5 seconds, 6 ticks, which translate to another +50% multiplicative dmg multiplier, basically, twice the damage total)  while the spores get the corrosive procs, 5 times more chances to proc, A.K.A. a +400% buff, allowing them to actually weaken the enemies by removing the armor...so now, she scales even BETTER than her "caster" version from the 1st rework. Definitely a BUFF.

Now all that is left to do is to iron out the quirks and bugs that are bound to happen when modifying something this complex.

The stealth nerf seems to be a big problem for many players - mainly for those who prefer solo mode for many reasons.

Like me. Please tell us: Is the stealth/Eqinox/sleep-nerf intended or not?

The enemies in "Sleep" do not sleep at all now, they are only fixed to one spot, so i hope it's a bug

• Controller changes - I seem to be in the minority but I actually like the majority of the changes - but PLEASE add the the ability to use d-pad to navigate menus.
  • Tribal Drums - remove them everywhere they were added. Unnecessary, jarring, and annoying.
  • Saryn - I could not reliably spread the spores even in the simulcrum vs. high level enemies.  Since I could only cast spores once, if i cast in at an enemy who was in a group of other enemies, I couldn't find him again at range to shoot the spore to spread it.  Remember the fast past nature of the game, and the enemies move around and if the enemies are level 120+ you can't just stand there picking out your targets.  In actual missions it was even worse since the view was more obstructed and melee is blocked by every little thing preventing me from hitting the spore
  • Melee changes - by in large (on PC at anyrate 😉 ) I don't spin since my pc account doesn't have maiming strike, or slide crit rivens.  But I actually found myself slide spinning MORE since the 360 nature of the attack allowed to to hit enemies that were blocked by every little thing on the map without having to carefully maneuver around the objects. instead i could slide past spinning, and if it didn't hit him, hopefully it hit someone else and i'd slide back toward him from a different angle.  Because the hordes never stop shooting, I found this to be more sustainable between damage mitigation and hitting around obstacles vs. higher level enemies. 

Guys I'm really burnt out off onslaught, I've been spending my freetime nonstop to get khora, I haven't even touched elite onslaught yet. It is just so incredibly unsatisfying to play 8 round where 4 of them are for nothing and at the end instead of getting the part you need all you get is a relic. DE please, I've been on your side for long, but you have to do something about this, it's no fun spending every day on this game mode and not getting any further

Despite a litany of changes, you still sneak in more.  Maybe a little heads-up would be nice.

1) Implemented initial changes to melee per melee 3.0 discussion, and melee no longer travels through closed doors.  If this is working as intended, I approve fully.  Wiping out enemies before they even got a chance to spawn is pretty broken.

2) Range for melee decreased.  This is...frustrating.  There's no indicators, just less killing than there used to be.  Not by a lot, but 10% is what it feels like.  Enough to minimize some of the combo streaks, which is frustrating given the required grind elsewhere.  Not enough to make note of, unless you've got a silly long range built.

3) Zephyr animation changes to turbulence.  You no longer have to stop moving and get pin-cushioned to cast turbulence.  Finally!.  I'll deal with the animation time, just as long as I can jump out of the way of bullets.  The application of a "kick me" sign before imperfect shielding was a frustrating mess.

Archived