The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tower white pigment drops

Ragingwasabi

We just have repeat of the fiasco with journal fragments form Ghoul event, unnecessarily harsh RNG just to force players to get only thing that shouldn't be behind RNG at all i mean maybe if we could by these pigments for platinum then it would make sense but otherwise it's just unnecessarily frustrating grindwall

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Everything is working as intended, it seems. But I've given a slight bump to the Condroc dump. So they shouldn't be as rare for those of you still hunting. 

41 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

lol... it's not April 1st is it....

With the amount needed EVERY condroc should be dropping the pigment, it should not be rng.  Making the pigment an excessively high grind is not going to make people go back to PoE, most of us will just say screw it,we don't need white.

When did color pigments turn into RNG? They should be a automatic drop, just like the rest of the pigments...no? Why the sudden change? 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

When did color pigments turn into RNG? They should be a automatic drop, just like the rest of the pigments...no? Why the sudden change? 

Cuz DE decided it would be to kind to let us get the pigment form every encounter and we play PoE to little... and yeah it is bullS#&$ imo too

4 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Everything is working as intended, it seems. But I've given a slight bump to the Condroc dump. So they shouldn't be as rare for those of you still hunting. 

Just to confirm before I commit another hour to bird genocide, do the Condrocs that spawn already airborne drop pigment now or is it still limited to grounded condrocs only?

12 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

if the guaranteed spawn condrocs really dont drop pigment then u should really reconsider. its such an arbitrary exception thats explained no where in the game and makes no sense in universe because of the meta reasoning. to  the players a condroc is a condroc. we kill a condroc, it should include the pigment in its loot table. if u want the grind to last longer just increase the amount we need. Please dont introduce random exceptions like this.

Edited by Ragingwasabi

This is absolutely the most frustrating and stupid farm I've seen in this game. The ones in the air aren't actually real ones and you need to find the ones sitting on the ground which can be located basically anywhere and if they take off they don't drop the pigments. The stupid birds don't respawn, they have a low drop chance(even after you bumped it), they have a high requirement and it requires us to go in, pray to god we find them, kill them, pray to god we get it, then leave. We used to have birds in the air on entry to the plains but we don't have that anymore either because dargyn spawns there now.

8 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

The most reliable way I've found is what was suggested earlier; running loops around Toht Lake with Equinox.  I've killed hundreds of Condrocs so far and got about 40 pigment.  That's with a resource drop chance booster as well.

I just have to question the 'space ninja' aspect of running a loop around a lake killing birds. While I don't have to do it this way, it's the most reliable as I tried the 'explore the plains' way and via multiple day cycles got a whopping 0 pigment.

I'd be perfectly happy buying dojo pigments with platinum.  Or perhaps what should have been done in the first place; allowing Tenno to use the color palettes they purchase to be used on anything that is colorable.

Not the end of the world but also not something DE would ever use to promote Warframe either.

17 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

But here's a problem. Most of the time the random Grineer troops shoot at them. Making them fly away. 

Also the Kuaka are way more frequent and I only needed 5 for my clan dojo when they dropped 40 with a booster.

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

We're looking into pigments not dropping properly while in flight. Likely a bug, rather than drop rates, that have been causing the shortage. 

Just set all drop rates back to 100%...even by cost of decreasing the amount per single drop, it is grindy enough, and we don't need RNG bullS#&$ to mess with it more

On 2018-05-29 at 8:16 PM, [DE]Drew said:

Devar Gray May need a bump also. Since the spawn rate of the mobs that drop them are kinda low. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

We're looking into pigments not dropping properly while in flight. Likely a bug, rather than drop rates, that have been causing the shortage. 

I dont think it has to do with them being "in flight". 

I think it is the "scripted" birds not dropping them. 

The birds that are always flying, 3 birds at the gate and the 6 near the beach. Even if they are on the ground, they do not drop them.

Only the "random spawn" birds seem to drop them. 

2 hours ago, Krhymez said:

Devar Gray May need a bump also. Since the spawn rate of the mobs that drop them are kinda low. 

Agree so much the enemy type itself is very rare compared to other heavy units like napalms or regular bombards, and this low chance is just ugh... pure frustration

On 2018-05-29 at 9:56 PM, lihimsidhe said:

The most reliable way I've found is what was suggested earlier; running loops around Toht Lake with Equinox.  I've killed hundreds of Condrocs so far and got about 40 pigment.  That's with a resource drop chance booster as well.

I just have to question the 'space ninja' aspect of running a loop around a lake killing birds. While I don't have to do it this way, it's the most reliable as I tried the 'explore the plains' way and via multiple day cycles got a whopping 0 pigment.

I'd be perfectly happy buying dojo pigments with platinum.  Or perhaps what should have been done in the first place; allowing Tenno to use the color palettes they purchase to be used on anything that is colorable.

Not the end of the world but also not something DE would ever use to promote Warframe either.

Why Equinox? Please fill me in. This is so frustrating not just for me, but also the clan members I've convinced to help out. Now I'm getting zero support and having to do it all on my own.

7 hours ago, kreep2.0 said:

Why Equinox? Please fill me in. This is so frustrating not just for me, but also the clan members I've convinced to help out. Now I'm getting zero support and having to do it all on my own.

Condrocs do no show up with enemy radar. However their loot shows up on loot radar. Equinox's Maim is used to kill from long range and any loot that shows up on the radar can be used to track them down. 

7 minutes ago, RogueSoldier said:

Condrocs do no show up with enemy radar. However their loot shows up on loot radar. Equinox's Maim is used to kill from long range and any loot that shows up on the radar can be used to track them down. 

Ok I'll try it. Another issue is the fact that loot radar sometimes shows a cluster of loot within a large area. I suppose that would be the time to mount a wing.

I've been trying to farm Tower White the past 3+ days. Every time I unpause the research, I get no damn spawns. Instead, I get Dargyn Pilots and Dargyn spawns out the ass. I leave to switch to Wisp Grey because it seems like that's what the game wants me to farm and what happens? Sorry, no more Dargyn spawns. Just Condrocs.

It feels like the game is laughing at me and if I'm going to have to sit down for a whole damn week for a COLOR, you'd be wrong.

Please do something about these spawns in general. If I was looking for something like Syrtis Orange I could get that in a single day (and I did, all by myself, for my Ghost clan). But Plains of Eidolon spawns are so far spread out and diluted that farming must be taken to the extreme to get any minute amount of these pigments.

On 2018-05-30 at 3:46 AM, [DE]Drew said:

Everything is working as intended, it seems. But I've given a slight bump to the Condroc dump. So they shouldn't be as rare for those of you still hunting

Working as intended???

you halved the number that drop if they ever drop at all so really there has been no change made to how often they drop.

Double the chance to drop again and restore the drop amount to 10 per drop and it might just be doable before the end of this decade

1 hour ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Working as intended???

you halved the number that drop if they ever drop at all so really there has been no change made to how often they drop.

Double the chance to drop again and restore the drop amount to 10 per drop and it might just be doable before the end of this decade

They seem to drop more often but you are right about the amount nerfing which bafles me. Why increase 1 thing to then decrease the other and pretty much cancel each other out?

They do seem to drop more now if you stand around longer since the droping chance seems to be better increase than the ammount pickup decrease but it is still silly