The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

tower white pigment drops

Ragingwasabi

same here and STUCK with the investigating pigment, this sucks, if i ever know this before ill not start investigation for this colour.. and put and option to change the investigation to another.. i dont think this is smart, if we get stuck im obviouly not playing the game for completion of research start to get boring

Edited by XCpDaX

I think DE should flip the requirements for the Pink pigment and White pigment.

5 Kuaka pigments (ghost clan) and the first time I see some, I get 40. Kuakas are everywhere, getting destroyed by Equinox's Maim.

300 Condroc pigments. I can't even get 10. They dont even spawn, and when they do, they just so happen to not drop a pigment. The least they could do is make the flying ones drop pigments. It'd still be a tedious farm.

I guess [DE] hates white.

My clan is currently doing the Tower White and we have noticed something. When we were doing Wisp Grey (Dargyn Pilots) the pilots were hard to find yet the Condrocs were everywhere. Now that we have completed Wisp Grey and have moved on to the Tower White, we cant go 50' without finding a pair of Dargyn Pilots and barely any Condrocs to be found and the drop rate is pitiful even with a resource chance booster. This needs to be fixed.

On 2018-06-16 at 8:30 AM, Lord_Datastorm said:

My clan is currently doing the Tower White and we have noticed something. When we were doing Wisp Grey (Dargyn Pilots) the pilots were hard to find yet the Condrocs were everywhere. Now that we have completed Wisp Grey and have moved on to the Tower White, we cant go 50' without finding a pair of Dargyn Pilots and barely any Condrocs to be found and the drop rate is pitiful even with a resource chance booster. This needs to be fixed.

I've noticed the same thing. Where condrocs used to reliably spawn (before my clan started the research), is now overrun by Dargyns. I think DE tried to buff their spawn chance and messed up by switching them around 😕   

Best to use Ivara she can pickpocket condrocs so that doubles your chance of getting a drop. When I encounter a group of three I rarely don't get at least one drop. Plus in prowl mode you are invisible so you don't scare them off and they are easy to kill. The most consistent spawn of three I have found is out by ER-PHRYAH'S VIGIL. Head down to the sandy area toward the windmill in the sea. Sometimes they are in the light colored sand leading to the beach or close to the tent if not head South along the beach you will see some large rocks near the water just north of where the red shark is beached they are most often there if not look up on the hill near the barrier. I usually go out there right away then back to the Cetus entrance and give a quick look for the ones that spawn around there those ones seem to spawn less often and I have got drops from them using Ivara. Then back into Cetus for a reset rinse and repeat.

5 hours ago, (PS4)oblivion_13test said:

Best to use Ivara she can pickpocket condrocs so that doubles your chance of getting a drop. When I encounter a group of three I rarely don't get at least one drop. Plus in prowl mode you are invisible so you don't scare them off and they are easy to kill. The most consistent spawn of three I have found is out by ER-PHRYAH'S VIGIL. Head down to the sandy area toward the windmill in the sea. Sometimes they are in the light colored sand leading to the beach or close to the tent if not head South along the beach you will see some large rocks near the water just north of where the red shark is beached they are most often there if not look up on the hill near the barrier. I usually go out there right away then back to the Cetus entrance and give a quick look for the ones that spawn around there those ones seem to spawn less often and I have got drops from them using Ivara. Then back into Cetus for a reset rinse and repeat.

That's good advice, but it only mitigates the problem.

But what is the problem?  I'd suggest that it's the boredom of the grind.  Why is the grind boring?  Because we have to invest many hours doing the same thing, over and over, to get a chance of collecting these items.  (And you know what they said about the definition of madness in the Far Cry series...)  Even grinding for Hema was less boring, because you had the excitement of fighting Infested:   Here, it's a matter of circling around the most likely spawn-points, over and over.  That's boring, and we don't play games to be bored.  The focus of the game shouldn't be repetitive, unreliable harvesting.

So, what's the solution?  Well, one answer is to make it easier to get the resource.  This could be done by letting all condrocs drop the colour pods, not just rogues; it could also be done by having the Ostrons sell the things.  After all, these guys are already meant to be exploiting the Plains for their resources.

Another, and I think better, answer, is to make it incidental to having fun.  Dargo could direct the players to raid a Grineer research base or shipment, and - where a clan is doing the research - tell them that there's a bunch of colour-items there as an added incentive.  Or, like in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, a few points of interest could be added to the Plains - ruins, caves, Orokin vault entrances - the Grineer are meant to be busy doing archaelogical research, so have them unearth a few things.  Whatever the game engine can handle, right?

On 2018-06-17 at 1:57 PM, MobyTheDuck said:

My clan is also stuck on this pigment. A clanmate said it only drops from rogue condrocs and they dont have a 100% drop rate, so its a triple layer of RNG to drop one single pigment.

Has this been confirmed?  I don't believe it is correct, and there's no mention of it in the wiki (not that the wiki is always correct...)

Rogue condrocs generally only spawn one at a time in a group of condrocs, and I'm gotten more than one drop from a group when I was farming this.

On 2018-05-20 at 5:08 PM, Hayabusa97 said:

I haven't even tried the Tower White one because I'm working on the Shard Black (Vomvalysts) one which I'm already feeling sick of.

do a tridolon run. i did 1 run and got all that i needed for a ghost clan

On 2018-06-17 at 11:23 AM, Arcanys12 said:

I've noticed the same thing. Where condrocs used to reliably spawn (before my clan started the research), is now overrun by Dargyns. I think DE tried to buff their spawn chance and messed up by switching them around 😕   

I have hardly seen any birds since the dragyns were added...what the heck DE. Why did you make white the worst color to farm, you'd think something like Leaf Red would be if you didn't use beacons but nope. 😕

It's been a month now.

My clan has a total of 240 white pigment, and ALL of them were contributed by myself personally.

We need 3000. My boosters all ran out.

This, combined with the 300,000 plastids that I farmed and basically lost painting my dojo right before the colour and lighting update has me completely demoralized.
I'm a Sage, yo. I've basically got nothing to do but paint my dojo and farm focus - and the focus farm in Sanctuary Onslaught is KILLING me with the host migrations costing me all the focus almost every round.

I might have to give this a break for a little while and come back with a fresh outlook.

Tower White is an absolutely stupidly hard challenge.   I am not wasting hours upon hours of my freaking life just LOOKING for stupid birds only to have them never have the god damn pigment.  I moved on on to Devar grey.   This seems a little more doable.  Havent figured out where best to find tusk bombadiers so I can farm them.   The problem though is that if your in a PUG you beeing the one to actually see or kill the tusk bombadier is super small so good luck seeing the pigments even if they do manage to drop..

But condroc population/density needs to go up by 1000% and or change these pigment drops to 50% at the very least.

Im sure the rats will be a pain in the butt also..   But I want those shades of grey for lighting.   I want my dojo to be on the darker side.  

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Tower White is an absolutely stupidly hard challenge.   I am not wasting hours upon hours of my freaking life just LOOKING for stupid birds only to have them never have the god damn pigment.  I moved on on to Devar grey.   This seems a little more doable.  Havent figured out where best to find tusk bombadiers so I can farm them.   The problem though is that if your in a PUG you beeing the one to actually see or kill the tusk bombadier is super small so good luck seeing the pigments even if they do manage to drop..

But condroc population/density needs to go up by 1000% and or change these pigment drops to 50% at the very least.

Im sure the rats will be a pain in the butt also..   But I want those shades of grey for lighting.   I want my dojo to be on the darker side.  

tusk bombards are definately harder to find. I put them at the top of the hardest to farm from

I think the best solution would be if they(and all other units that drop different pigments) had 100% chance to drop then number of pigments needed should increase to 1k or more idk...It would be better of that way then to farm something that has chance to drop it.That is irritating,not fun.

So far, for me at least, flying condrocs don't drop pigments. I tried using a Hydroid and a Smeeta, most I gathered in 1h+ run was around 100 pigments. Horrible spawn rates, even worse drop chance. Gee, thank you DE! You shouldn't have. Seriously. I have no idea how some players get 300+ or 1k in a few minutes.

Yeah, another S#&$ty drop chance grind courtesy of DE and their ineptitude, I'd seriously like to see Sheldon try his hand at this grind, then maybe chances for things would be reasonable for #*!%ing once.

On 2018-05-19 at 7:34 PM, unsiezer said:

just so people know I did some testing, the tower white pigment has a 0% drop chance from the condrocs that are guaranteed to spawn(the one at the entrance, the 6 on the beach). the only way to get the pigment is from the condrocs that randomly spawn across the map. I got all the pigment in about 1 full Cetus day cycle.

I had a different experience. The ones that spawn at the entrance are literally the only ones that have ever dropped them for me. And not consistently. ☹

My experience with condrocs:

2 hours running in circles from spawn point to spawn point in 4 30 minute runs.

• An average of 35 condroc wings collected per run.
  • Run returns
    • Run 1: 15 pigments
    • Run 2: 0 pigments
    • Run 3: 10 pigments
    • Run 4: 0 pigments

Our clan needs 900 - we have collectively farmed (as in dedicated to the grind for this pigment) for 6 hours and have 60 pigments. So we are averaging about 10 pigments an hour.  Looking forward to a total of 90 hours of running in mindless circles on PoE - gee thanks DE.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

On 2018-06-23 at 7:33 PM, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

Personal run returns (all runs 30-35 minutes)

• Run 1: 15 pigments
  • Run 2: 0 pigments
  • Run 3: 10 pigments
  • Run 4: 0 pigments
  • Run 5: 39 wings, 20 Pigments

Clan total: 6hrs 30 mins: 85 pigments down - 815 to go.

also have never gotten a pigment on a bounty run or tridolon hunt - only on dedicated farming runs to add to the misery.  We also tried having one clan member do nothing but hunt condrocs while we knocked out tier 5 bounties.  Hitting all the usual spots in 5 bounty runs, she didn't find a single condroc.

really fun DE.

On 2018-05-24 at 12:51 AM, Gregnoth said:

1. Condrocs appear only during the day. I also noticed that they seem to disappear during the evening (not sure, has to be confirmed)

not true

i farmed all the pigments at night and it was easy since i almost know where they are during night time

it took me maybe 5 night cycles to collect them all

On 2018-05-19 at 7:34 PM, unsiezer said:

just so people know I did some testing, the tower white pigment has a 0% drop chance from the condrocs that are guaranteed to spawn(the one at the entrance, the 6 on the beach). the only way to get the pigment is from the condrocs that randomly spawn across the map. I got all the pigment in about 1 full Cetus day cycle.

Maybe for PC, but not console.

Ive gotten my pigment from the ones flying around the sentient bone at the beach, and the ones near the dead shark at the beach. 

They drop from any of the Condracs, not just the randomly spawning ones. 

Actually, I’ve received more pigment from the automatically spawned ones than the random ones.

Just do Tridolon hunts. The Hydrolyst's ranged attacks will kill any condrocs in a very large area. After capturing, just use your archwing and check those shine items around the area.

With 2x drop and chance boosters, I got 120 fragments in a single night.

Condrocs, Kuakas, Grinners, Dargyns all share the same spawn locations. Once you memorize some of them (my favorite is East of the gate, by the large lake), you just need to fly around in circles killing them. Not sure on PC and Xbox, but on PS4 the condrocs have this outline that makes them very easy to spot.

I got all the pigments I needed in 1hr~1h30min (Solo Ghost clan).

Edit: Also, Grinners attack condrocs and kuakas as well. So, check anything clutter of shining items on the ground.

Edited by Guest

Currently least fun time I have had in warframe with all content completed (newest prime stuff building though) is white tower pigment farm and that includes having to have done 46 runs for regular hydroid when I already had the primed version.

How to do this crap farm of TOWER WHITE PIGMENT for players that are frustrated beyond belief:

Step 1) equip equinox maim max range and efficiency build with both drop boosters running, arcane energize, (sentinel with vacuum and animal instinct) be solo unless you have others in your guild with the same build as this and boosters as well.  If you can do that you can split up areas on the map a little bit with them.

Step 2) run in circles around the pond all day with maim on, you can be on a dargyn, but you might miss some spawns if you don't fly close enough to the ground and it's about equally as much trouble as it's worth to ride it.  You also can't see your energy so you might run out and not realise it if you don't jump off to grab energy every chance you get which is why it's hardly worth bothering with, not to mention you'll attract more dargyns.

Step 2A) try not to fall asleep, try not to do this during ghouls like I am because it sucks even more.

Step 3) collect 200-300 pigment for the full day cycle on the plains, repeat as many times as you need until full for your clan size (yes, I know, this is insanely frustrating if you have anything above a ghost clan, I seriously feel bad for anyone soloing it for a moon clan, seriously, that's some masochism)

FYI you can use the same method for all but the voms for plains drops (for voms you should probably just farm terry or hydro).  Do yourself a favor and grab some extra irradite and gems while making the rounds, gems will be more common with your boosters on.

Official Feedback:  This seriously sucks DE.  This is Korean MMO level farming.

I don't mind so much farming for hours for something like a warframe or cool new weapon or whatnot... but this is a freaking basic color palette color, not even the whole palatte, just one color... white of all things, the most bland color by definition.

It's not fun.  It's not interactive.  It's a chore that takes hours (IF AND ONLY IF YOU USE PAID FOR BOOSTERS) for a payoff that is super lame, and woe to those that didn't use the method I did above, and worse even still if they are mid level players that don't have ready access to all of that stuff, they will never get this color because I guess they don't deserve to use the color white in their dojo?  I honestly don't know what the logic here is, but if I had to guess it would be "NONE" or "something incredibly stupid and backwards".  If this is your design intent, you nailed it.  If not, maybe listen to the six pages of people griping.  I'm not really for trying to make the game easier as noted by my post history, but this is super dumb.

I can however confirm something interesting that seems contrary to popular opinion:

At one point I was riding a dargyn with maim on.  A condroc flew off because of another dude nearby spooking it, however, my maim killed it in the air and it dropped a white pigment.  This seems to indicate it "might" be possible under some kind of circumstance to get them to drop pigment after take off.  I don't have a video or screenshot, just my word.  I was actually a little shocked when I saw it fall from him in the sky.

Edited by Klokwerkaos