Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Architect Feedback.

Voidforged

This entire room is limited to a maximum of 6 checkpoints, for some reason? I have a tiny section at the beginning of my course that uses 3, (that's 50% of my available slots) and short of spamming boundary traps in all kinds of weird angles, there's no way to make this section have any purpose whatsoever. There should be no limit on this decoration. It's a huge hindrance. 

You're only allowed to build one Dojo Architect room in the entire Dojo, for some reason? I had intended to build a whole new floor and dedicate heaps of these rooms to parkour courses built by other people. Instead, I'm limited to building my own and no one else can have any fun with building their own.

It'd be great if we could save and share our completed Builds, similarly to how we can link Rivens or Mandachord songs, or some kind of redeemable code, similar to glyphs codes, that would build an exact replica. It would be amazing to have a thread somewhere with hundreds of player-built courses that anyone could load up in their own Dojo. Having this would also make the current restriction of only being able to build one Dojo Architect room make more sense.

Is the overall decoration capacity necessary? I didn't notice it before I started building, and then hit the cap shortly after. I'll admit that this one is totally on me, mostly because I am a neat freak and was pedantic about making sure there were no possible exploits. This can be worked around, or you can just trust people, I guess.

Overall; it's a great concept but it's still unfinished. I really hope that such feedback is being received and that the company is still willing to implement changes to improve this room, as it has so much more potential than has been realised thus far.

There's also some kind of bug with Velocity not being properly applied, I'll link my bug-report again for some extra exposure.

Thanks.

I think allowing to save/load course on the room would be the easiest option, even I would personnally prefer to be able to place more rooms.
And if the custom setup of the the room take too much space in the database, I think it would be fair to make slots payable with plats, or allow us to save them on our computer instead of our account.

2 hours ago, tprx said:

It would be like the X-Men Danger Room or the ST:TNG hologram suit. You insert a program, and voila! You load a saved parkour.

This would be awesome. Have a bunch of saved clan rooms. 

It would be cool if they could add a friendly competitive aspect between clans to it to. 

Or a "gotta catch 'em all" feeling too collecting clan courses

Edited by Hypernaut1

4 hours ago, Voidforged said:

There's also some kind of bug with Velocity not being properly applied, I'll link my bug-report again for some extra exposure.

It would be nice if we had the feature to turn these buffs off...

We've found that adding those buffs often give an advantage to only the players who have them, more specifically the helmet. Newer players cannot compete, and should not have to have special gear just to have a chance in a race. This should be applied to the original course too.

Edited by Faulcun

i posted almost this exact same post yesterday.

the issues are real.

as far as saving / sharing builds, it would be nice if it were something like old dark sector schema. 

also, it would be nice to be able to use any decoration from our dojo, not just the small number of items currently available. 

Just now, Faulcun said:

It would be nice if we had the feature to turn these buffs off...

The more options we have, the better. I'm all for a toggle feature to prevent such things being used.

Just now, PookieNumnums said:

also, it would be nice to be able to use any decoration from our dojo, not just the small number of items currently available. 

This would be cool, but I doubt they'll do it. I imagine they'll add more usable obstacles sometime in the distant future soon.

I don't know how well building a bunch of different rooms for parkour would be or the performance impact with how dojos are being handled similar to relays.

My suggestion would be to have a single console/entrance where you could access a menu to select a parkour course to load. It would then generate an instance for you of the course when you enter similar to how the Plains loads. May not be the best if you wanted to be in the same session as other players though as it would then be player-player connection again.