Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Revisited (Please)

(PSN)LoisGordils

Our fairy queen, Titania has always been a very graceful and beautiful Warframe that can dish out some insane DPS with Razorwing... but that's really about it. Everything else is really mediocre.

Stats: For a Warframe that's a caster and paper-thin frail, you'd imagine she'd have a high energy pool. She, unfortunately, does not. So, an increase to both movement speed and energy pool would be nice 150-175.

Abilities:

Increased casting speed for all abilities

1. Spellbind: I like the status effect immunity this ability brings forth. I change I would like to see is for the floating effect to be reduced, so as to avoid enemies flying everywhere. Killing affected enemies emits a burst of fairy dust that staggers and blinds enemies in a five meter AOE (does not open them up to finishers)

2. Tribute: Her most terrible ability. The only buff ever worth using is the Dust buff, the accuracy reduction is nice. First of all, reduce the overall duration of all buffs, BUT make it need only a single stack to get the full effect. Changes include: Entangled now reduces movement speed by an unmoddifiable 50%, Thorns grants a critical chance/damage buff to melee attacks and Full Moon grants a reload speed buff. Buffs also apply to allies within Affinity range 

3. Lantern: Enemies now float to a maximum of three meters into the air. Can only be moved around by melee attacks. The ability now has a 25% crit chance and 30% status chance, Razorflies scale with melee mods now. Explosion takes into account a percentage of the enemy's health into account and adds it to the base value.

4. Razorwing: Passive vacuum, Razorflies use melee mods and are refreshed every five seconds. The swarm focuses on a single enemy.

Those are my two cents for Titania :]

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

I've actually come to really love tribute as it currently stands. Mostly for the dust buff, like you mentioned.

Your changes to this ability would be great though.

Floating effect of her abilities do need adjustment. It is incredibly difficult to manage lantern, for example, because the target quickly floats out of effective range.

As for vacuum on razorwing. FOR THE LOVE OF PEET THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN. Razorwing is way too zippy to effectively pick up loot. Just a 5m vacuum range would be awesome.

let’s also see if we can brainstorm an idea for a more practical passive, being a little floatier hen jumping isn’t very good when regular bullet jumping is adequate enough.

i’d prefer something simple and effective; one of Titanias butterflies will fly out every few seconds to distract a single target, returning to Titania if the target dies or if no one kills the target in time

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Our fairy queen, Titania has always been a very graceful and beautiful Warframe that can dish out some insane DPS with Razorwing... but that's really about it. Everything else is really mediocre.

Stats: For a Warframe that's a caster and paper-thin frail, you'd imagine she'd have a high energy pool. She, unfortunately, does not. So, an increase to both movement speed and energy pool would be nice 150-175.

Abilities:

Increased casting speed for all abilities

1. Spellbind: I like the status effect immunity this ability brings forth. I change I would like to see is for the floating effect to be reduced, so as to avoid enemies flying everywhere. Killing affected enemies emits a burst of fairy dust that staggers and blinds enemies in a five meter AOE (does not open them up to finishers)

2. Tribute: Her most terrible ability. The only buff ever worth using is the Dust buff, the accuracy reduction is nice. First of all, reduce the overall duration of all buffs, BUT make it need only a single stack to get the full effect. Changes include: Entangled now reduces movement speed by an unmoddifiable 50%, Thorns grants a critical chance/damage buff to melee attacks and Full Moon grants a reload speed buff. Buffs also apply to allies within Affinity range 

3. Lantern: Enemies now float to a maximum of three meters into the air. Can only be moved around by melee attacks. The ability now has a 25% crit chance and 30% status chance, Razorflies scale with melee mods now. Explosion takes into account a percentage of the enemy's health into account and adds it to the base value.

4. Razorwing: Passive vacuum, Razorflies use melee mods and are refreshed every five seconds. The swarm focuses on a single enemy.

Those are my two cents for Titania :]

I really don't use any abilities once I'm small to conserve power drain but also the target flying away while I'm trying to kill it is annoying ..  

A passive vacuum probably wouldn't happen... but what if they made it where you can shoot power ball with pixie pistols to get it?

Personally I'd probably just compress her 1&3 into one charge skill. Where the longer you charge it the more it shifts from something like her 1 to something like her 3.

I'd honestly love to see her 2 just go and be replaced with some sort of ground targeted AoE like Oberons Garden but Fairy Ring themed.

Definitely like the idea of a passive vacuum and she does really need some way to refresh her Razorflies without outrightly leaving Razorwing. 

I'd also absolutely love the ability to interact with "simple" objects like Friendship doors, lockers, ayatan etc. She doesn't need to be able to hack from Razorwing but not having to leave it every single time you need to do ANYTHING, would be huge. Extra bonus points if they gave her the ability to carry a Datamass and made it look like she was really struggling. 

Tho to be fair I finally got so freaking fed up with the inconvenience every 10 seconds to open a door or what have you that I finally gave up on my Energy Conversion/Growing Power build that even tho I really loved how it worked/felt. Ended up tossing together a more permanent build that isn't as powerful or as fun but OMG it's worth not feeling like I'm fighting every intractable object as well as all the enemies in the level. 

Also please Please PLEASE fix it so she doesn't get targeted by the open world anti Archwing weapons that are 100% accurate and one shot the hell out of her when she is in Razorwing. You pretty much have until you run out of Razorflies and then the game goes BOSHY on you. "lol you died, lol lol, you died"

I had mentioned this in another thread, but I'd rather like to see her Razorflies separated into their own summon, so their distraction to enemies isn't limited to when you're a mini-archwing.

I play solo almost exclusively, so Titania is an automatic no for Mobile Defense or anything else that requires carrying a maguffin, since her abilities tend to pull towards saving every drip of energy for her 4. Lending a way to keep the little murderbugs around at all times, certainly with some synergy with her remaining abilities, would put her right into my rotation of go-to frames.

My thoughts are to replace her 2 with summoning the buggas, keep the 1 as-is, and maybe some work on her 3.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Raygun_X_ said:

I really don't use any abilities once I'm small to conserve power drain but also the target flying away while I'm trying to kill it is annoying ..  

A passive vacuum probably wouldn't happen... but what if they made it where you can shoot power ball with pixie pistols to get it?

Wouldn't it be nice if energy costs were cut in half while using her 4? 

Considering titania is underplayed, yet to be mentioned by DE since her release and bugged, I think no matter what we say, titania won't have anything done to her.

And if we complain that DE isn't payin' attention to titania, all we get is the typical "git gud" or "she's fine, don't complain hurr durr" bs. And also the usual "don't act so entitled", as if wanting a working product is being entitled.

-Related to the topic:

I do agree with what you said about the abillity changes. There's only 1 thing I'd like to add: Not only does she need QoL's for her abilities, she also needs a higher casting speed. I for one can't use titania without natural talent, cause she's just THAT slow on casting abilities. In high levels, the time she takes to cast her 3rd is enough to get herself killed.

Edited by devildevil21

I think one of Titania's biggest problems is how little control she has over her own abilities. You shouldn't feel like you're playing a game of Russian roulette every time you push a button.

If you've got any kind of range on her 1 (Spellbind) then you might be up around 9-12 meters for an effective range...why? Why is the range here so small? It needs to be recast 3-4 times to clean up enemies in a defense mission. Then, by the time you get around to actually trying to get some kills new enemies have come in, the ability duration is falling off, the enemies are floating out of a feasible range or all of the above. If you only use the ability on one area then you're just going to get shot in the back as you try to kill the enemies which you've merely made float. I understand the point of the floating is to move them away from their disarmed weapons, but it's ineffective because you can compare it to Loki's irradiate disarm which with the same build will cover EVERYTHING and they can't pick their weapons back up. Not to mention Loki has an augment and Titania doesn't...

Then her 2(Tribute)...What a bunch of useless crap piled into a waste of energy. Sure, dust will make enemies 50% less accurate...if you find 5 of them, use the ability 5 times, the enemy was a dust enemy and you didn't die during the process, fall off a ledge or walk into a nullifier bubble. But, let's not forget that when you want to use this ability to possibly knock an enemy down that surprised you during your reload it's a TWO HANDED ABILITY. WHAT THE HELL? 3 useless buffs because the range, ability, or both are trash and the 4th ability just makes enemies 50% less accurate. They're shooting mass amounts of ammunition...50% accuracy isn't going to do anything if the bullets they hit you with kill you in one hit...

Oh, but wait, then you have the off chance that you took a shot and had quick thinking on so now you're at 2 hp. What are you to do? NOTHING. Titania has nothing in her kit that lets her rebuild her health pool or completely negate damage. She has probably the worst survivability of all frames in the game because of this. Your options for healing are companion heal, life stealing mods, health orbs or other people helping to heal you. To top this off, if you think maybe you'll help yourself by going into your razorwing and using the extra evasion to get somewhere safer then you completely lose the option for a companion heal.

This brings us to her 3 (Lantern). You find an enemy that might possibly be in a decent location to act as a decoy. Don't ever forget that you're not in charge of where you want your decoy to be since you're basing it on the enemy position.

Lantern Scenario: You're in a defense mission and a melee attacker comes up to the pod. SUCCESS! Let me take more than a second to identify this enemy, make them invulnerable, lift them into the air and then wait for my fairies to leave and distract other enemies to it.

What actually happens: You identify melee enemy. You aim at it and press 3 to have a decoy. Enemy dies due to ally attacking it. BLAST! Let me find another target. Another melee walks up. What luck! You aim and successfully hit the enemy with lantern. GREAT SUCCESS! Ally sees floating enemy and shoots it sending it off into a random direction out of the range of enemies you're trying to attract...Press 3 again and try a third time. No melee enemies around this time you you find a weapon with a gun shooting at you. Press 3 on it and successfully lantern. Die as your cast animation + the time for the enemies to become distracted left you out of the battle for 2 seconds and you were one shot.

Lantern seems like a good idea on paper, but it has some HUGE flaws. After playing with it way back when and playing with it again, it seems the issue of the enemy floating off into oblivion has been tempered SOMEWHAT, but it's still an issue. The cast time is one of the issues with this ability, and all of her abilities to be honest, but it isn't her biggest issue. The biggest issues is the inability to use Lantern on an enemy already affected by Spellbind. This makes literally no sense because both of the abilities involve your fairies picking up the enemies. You should easily be able to convert one of the enemies under Spellbind into a Lantern. In fact, this should be an ability that is combined into one and if you use spellbind a second time on an enemy they gain the affects of Lantern.

And finally we have her 4 (Razorwing). Razorwing is an ability that people may not realize is the most broken of all of the abilities. This ability is both the bread and butter and reason this frame is still the way it is. I am convinced that the power you wield whenever using Razorwing is why there has been no rework. If you start a game, fill up on energy, and push 4 with a build for duration, efficiency, and damage then you can wreck almost everything without effort. However, if you try to combine Razorwing with the rest of her kit then she falls apart. Titania is the only frame I can think of where you can go into a game solo and have awful synergy. She is SUPPOSED to have synergy with the extra effect of being able to use abilities while in Razorwing, but if you do this then you cripple yourself as Razorwing is the only ability worth using and adding any other abilities in at an attempt of fun or laughs just lessens your ability to play effectively.

Titania's ultimate is an ability of trade offs. While using it you gain: immense firepower with unlimited ammo, 50% evasion, quick attacks with an underwhelming melee, some CC with 6 butterflies that aren't invincible and can't respawn without a recast, the ability to fly through a map without the need for parkour. While using it you lose: the ability to generate energy from zenurik or energy restores, the ability to use any companion, any extra effects from weapons you've equipped, HER ENTIRE PASSIVE, the ability to carry items or interact with ANYTHING.

No ultimate should have ANY downsides to it, let alone more downsides than upsides. This makes no sense. The trade off for using abilities in Warframe is ENERGY. That's literally the entire purpose of the energy system. You need to weigh whether or not you can cast the ability with the amount of energy you have and if it's going to put you in a situation you may need the energy later. You shouldn't need to evaluate trade offs within your own abilities.