Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring back variants, I need opticor instagib in my life

Joblock

6 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

...what?

There used to be special variations of the Free for All mode in Conclave, 2 of which were tiny events for holdays and the other was Opticors only; one shot, one kill.

OP is asking for the return of the Opticor one.

Edited by AlphaPHENIX

Man, opticor variant was a blast (just like the conclave event variants made for quicksteel, snowday showdown and hearts & arrows) normalized Mobility and EHP, no powers, no passives, same modified arsenal for everyone made them really fun modes despite the outcome of the matches.

I wish these came back somehow, even if it's in weekly rotation with Cephalon Capture.

Edited by Stormdragon

25 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

Man, opticor variant was a blast (just like the conclave event variants made for quicksteel, snowday showdown and hearts & arrows) normalized Mobility and EHP, no powers, no passives, same modified arsenal for everyone made them really fun modes despite the outcome of the matches.

I wish these came back somehow, even if it's in weekly rotation with Cephalon Capture.

totally agree, some of the most fun I have had in pvp

2 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

Implying Cephalon Capture isn't a perfect mode everyone wants to play already.

On topic yeah variants were really fun. I hope those come back sometime, but preferably for 4v4 or Ceph Capture because both of those gamemodes need some love and there's some really cool stuff they could do with an organized team set up.

On 2018-05-18 at 6:55 PM, Dusteon said:

Implying Cephalon Capture isn't a perfect mode everyone wants to play already.

Implying cephalon capture isn't a flawed mode with a lot of bugs played mainly by players trading kills to get their daily standing quickly (and getting overly toxic at anyone willing to actually play in their public lobby) before going back to PvE.

2 hours ago, Stormdragon said:

Implying cephalon capture isn't a flawed mode with a lot of bugs played mainly by players trading kills to get their daily standing quickly (and getting overly toxic at anyone willing to actually play in their public lobby) before going back to PvE.

I was joking which I'd hope would show via calling it 'perfect' and something 'everyone wants to play'. Cephalon Capture is kind of degenerate unless you have 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4. Since the 'best' strategy is always to afk at the opponents cephalon and pick it up if they pick up yours/come to you, then either run around for ~85 seconds before capturing it or just go straight to capturing it if they came to you.

Obviously it doesn't have that many players so getting an actual team is rare at best, so the gamemode is just a capture the flag 1v1 that rewards whoever picked up the flag last.

Also  Quicksteel (Hikou with trishot+Nikana slam>slash).

And more Variants! Like... "You have no weapons but you have powers on a Cooldown (1s for every 10 points of energy spent by ability. ie: 25=2.5s, 50=5s, 100=10s) and 20 energy regen per second"