Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.3

[DE]Megan

6 minutes ago, Zilotz said:

@Shaloman @Fugana

Just gore? That's not a proper idea.

More detailed blood, crippling wounds(like you didn't kill mob but already took his leg away so mob must jump on remaining one), headshots that split head apart , finishers that cut head off - that would be funnier.

YESSS YESSS MORE AND MORE GORE 
this is not Marvel crap we want more gore, look at the success of DOOM  \ o / make the game greater DE 
Blood splashing on ground or walls when we split enemies instead of vanishing 0.5 seconds after its initial appear. 

57 minutes ago, Shaloman said:

The pre-update controller had full UI support for all menus, minus any menu with quantities not allowing you to adjust the numbers with LB/RB. It worked in missions, in all menus, and even the auto-detect which was imperfect still worked. but the important thing was that apart from typing, controllers were near fully independent and the UI prompts were correct (but there were some visual bugs with floating buttons sometimes). This seriously and needlessly ruined that  good support. If this is just to see how we like it, they should have made it toggle-able like the archwing experimental mode.

I've had to play hybrid for a long time, and honestly can't see how you thought that was better than the Shrines controller UI update. At least we didn't have to switch to mouse every time we wanted to use mods and foundry, we could also see which controller buttons did things. Not to mention, the icons were kinda pretty. I don't mind black and white XB1 buttons, but I hate Steam controller layout passionately; it's a sin that it's the default auto-detect layout. Make B/W button an option since it  fits the game, but only make it optional.

I'm glad DE is trying new things with controllers, but that doesn't mean replacing good things with faultier things. Keep the virtual cursor, since it actually works for he most part, and the update's flaws aren't tied directly to the cursor mode itself. But fix the inconvenient and counter-intuitive changes like no d-pad support and missing button prompts in foundry, wrong inputs for chat, etc. 

GIVE US OPTIONS, not replacements for the basic QOL things. UI is important for how players interact with the game world, and I feel like controller users have been put off for a long time by the game cuz of the lack of good support (i know I'm not the only one who almost stopped playing early on because the UI for controllers felt bad). More players than you think judge a game by how well they can casually/easily experience it with a controller on a couch.

PS: You guys saying the game is "literally" unplayable and over-reacting, calm the hell down. Controller support was almost  non existent until recently. It's not in the best shape right now, and I don't enjoy the game as much without the previous version of Auto-detect, but I don't think it's unplayable.

I agree however I’m not a fan of the cursor, maybe if it were optional but in my opinion it’s much slower and actually makes it difficult to select things such as mods or colors for your frames. My confusion is that they have a fully realized UI on console but for some reason won’t port it to PC. As for the unplayability, I actually have switched to KB+M until something is done to fix the controllers, I can live with the UI changes even the cursor, albeit annoying to use, but the fact that they made the ability menu forced to the RB button just completely messes up my controller setup.

2 hours ago, batoload said:

After 4 weeks playing onslaunght at last I have khora and I've had a big disappointment, venari is too slow especially in the healing mode, people would think that if a warframe is so hard to get this should be very good but the venari problems make khora sucks

any youtube video could have told you this. DE probably still thinks she's actually worth it.

but they also think Nyx and Vauban are fine too so take that for what you will

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:

There is some sort of error with it landing on all enemies in the appropriate radius though. I've observed that sometimes enemies simply will not get infected with spores even though they are well within the radius (40m). I'm not sure what is causing them to not get infected but it is pretty buggy.

hmm i was suspicious about this. couldn't put my finger on what was wrong but it felt like stuff that should be infected didn't get infected with spores.

2 hours ago, XxWarlord2017xX said:

dont know if its just me but, after i pick up stuff i can not see them to mark them any more, like the little light it leaves behind to mark for other players, could do that before update now no more

You're not the only one, I've noticed that too.

So this hasn't really been addressed in this hotfix, but I personally think the new controller UI/control scheme is a disappointing downgrade. Rather than simply scrolling through options and pushing various buttons to accomplish tasks, one of the pluses and defining features of using a controller, it's been changed to a sluggish, inaccurate point and click. It takes twice as long to do a simple task that was as simple as clicking one button. I don't really understand how this new system was an improvement over the previous one. All I can really describe it as is a setback to anyone who's already learned the PC controls. It feels like I'm being weened off of a controller and pushed toward mouse and keyboard. I'd appreciate if there was an option to toggle this new system on or off. I may be in a minority of players who play with controllers, or even people who share this opinion, but I am incredibly disappointed with this choice that was made, and I hope to god this isn't the same fate that Xbox/PS4 will suffer. 

7 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

When can corpses stop counting as "walls" that melee cannot pass through? The change for "melee not passing through walls" seemed rushed, and melee gets stuck on too much odd geometry. It would be nice if melee could pass through soft surfaces, bodies, and small geometry items while only Glaives could pass through walls with Power Throw equipped. This would give throwing melee a reason to be used while not being overpowered.

I can understand about walls but bodies? weapons with long reach should be able to cleave through crowds.

I can't seem to save the controller bindings, No Save button, have to use the exit and confirm changes.

Also my Archwing's Move Up and Move Down still refuse to work when set for L and R Triggers.

Every time I open up the controller binding menu it seems to always return everything to default also.

edit:

I was somehow stuck with two crouching buttons after setting Aim Weapon to Left Bumper. Later found that Lunaro control settings were also interfering somehow because crouch was also assigned to Left bumper on that tab. Switching crouch on Lunaro to Left trigger after changing basic controller settings fixed that for now.

3 hours ago, Shaloman said:

GIVE US OPTIONS, not replacements for the basic QOL things. UI is important for how players interact with the game world, and I feel like controller users have been put off for a long time by the game cuz of the lack of good support (i know I'm not the only one who almost stopped playing early on because the UI for controllers felt bad). More players than you think judge a game by how well they can casually/easily experience it with a controller on a couch.

PS: You guys saying the game is "literally" unplayable and over-reacting, calm the hell down. Controller support was almost  non existent until recently. It's not in the best shape right now, and I don't enjoy the game as much without the previous version of Auto-detect, but I don't think it's unplayable.

I agree, its not literally unplayable, I mean, it functions, but it is annoying at best, and actually infuriating at worst. Its a game we play for enjoyment in some form, and by implementing the change, it made the game not fun. If you consider that, the game is actually unplayable. I get frustrated by what used to be a simple menu and want to quickly quit the game, but I cant even do that because I have to slowly drag the cursor down to the quit game option. 

The most I've done since this "fix" is lose about 30?+ hours (so far until its fixed) on all 4 of my boosters, and log in, fumble around the menu to not miss out on the Void Trader. Other than that I've not touched the game. Thats quite literally wasted money there.

Not sure when it happened but something with this big update made it to where in the modding section, when you select a mod that has multiple, you can't press enter for it to click OK anymore.  You have to actually click OK.  Not sure if it's intended or not but it does making getting rid of tons of mods take a lot longer.

Fix this, Venari's health is placed at the top of the energy bar, it is also necessary to show the rank Venari has next to her health, when I put a forma I did not know what rank I had because only the rank appears in the arsenal

Ddh8x12XkAAnfYO.jpg

DdiC3_jXUAE0uB1.jpg

the rage and the suffering is real

Spoiler

pls don't make update bigger than this one... I'm good enough but... can you guys please add next updates like reworks etc. one by one? Please think about A S I A N  B A D  I N T E R N E T  P L A N S :sadcry::sadcry: (yes... chinese isn't my mother tongue and i'm good enough with english so... that's why I'd rather play the originals than chinaframe)

hace 8 horas, [DE]Megan dijo:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.3

Friendly heads up that we’re aware of the lavish costs to build some of the new Orokin Dojo Decorations. Our team is looking into not only reducing those costs, but also refunding Clans that have built them. Stay tuned for these changes next week!

Changes:

• You can now place multiple Custom Obstacle Courses in your Dojo! 
  • Scaled the Ceramic Dagger to a more reasonable size. Ceramic Dagger-But-Long-Like-A-Sword didn’t have a nice ring to it.
  • Upon completing the required Synthesis scans, Simaris' Daily Task entry in the World State Window can now be clicked to automatically load you into the nearest Relay.
  • Optimized memory usage by Dojos with a large number of Decorations. This also fixes a crash from Decoration heavy Obstacle Courses. 
  • Made adjustments to Controller bindings when transitioning between mouse and controller.
  • Removed the ‘Only Sellable’ option from the Ducat Kiosk menu as it doesn’t apply to that screen.
  • Removed the controller D-Pad function from the Somachord as it does not function there.
  • *Removed profanity filter from Loadout names.

Fixes:

• More fixes towards crashing as a result of particles.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur if you disconnected while your Sentinel Vacuum was sucking up an item with particle effects attached to it.
  • Fixed a Dx11 crash on shutdown (possibly because the graphics driver crashed first).
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when attempting to Host a session while an existing session was still active.
  • Fixed duplicate Mods appearing in the Arsenal after upgrading a Mod. These duplicate Mods were merely a mirage of your desires, and did not truly exist. 
  • Fixed UI disappearing when switching between Spear/Bait/Dye in the Spear Fishing HUD.
  • Fixed sleeping enemies (Equinox’s Rest) being alerted when approaching them.
  • Fixed switching to Borderless Fullscreen not always positioning the window properly (it seemed to only be reliable if you set to Borderless and booted up that way).
  • Fixed a script error when casting Saryn’s Spores on a ragdoll. This resulted in the Spores to not show up (but still tick damage).
  • Fixed a prompt with incorrect text breaking your ability to enter the Dojo Obstacle Course. 
  • Fixed being able to trap other players inside Dojo Decorations.
  • Fixed level load music playing when loading into the Apostasy quest.
  • Fixed Kohm’s firing charge sound staying active.
  • Fixed selecting a linked item in Chat preventing all controller buttons from not functioning until Chat is minimized.
  • Fixed controller input issues when Chat linking Zaws.
  • Fixed moss acting strangely with the Simaris Data Parse Widget. 
  • Fixed overlapping controller button callouts when selecting 5+ Emojis.
  • Fixed Invasion text overlapping when hovering over the World State Window with a controller.
  • Fixed a script error when transitioning between mouse and controller as the Arsenal Upgrade screen is opening.
  • Fixed a script error when switching between mouse/controller before the Inbox has loaded.
  • Fixed a script error when looking at enemies with non-standard resistance types (Void Damage, Finisher Damage, etc) with the Data Parse Widget.
  • Fixed a script error when casting Gara’s Splinter Storm.

Conclave Fixes:

• Fixed Conclave mode of the Arsenal not presenting/applying upgrades correctly to items.
  • Fixed non-functional controller D-Pad callouts being visible on Conclave End of Mission screen.

pls xbox 360 controller option again some people dont like cursor option

Archived