Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask Me [Almost] Anything

[DE]Glen

Every once in a while I like to spend some time on my stream looking for answers to question that are tricky to figure out without the developer tools. You can figure out a lot of things yourself with the Simulacrum and the wiki is full of helpful information discovered by curious players. Sometimes when I’m curious about something that’s missing from the wiki I figure it out and update the wiki myself.

If we can get enough interesting questions I’ll do another stream like this on Sunday at my usual time (9AM EDT, 1-4 PM UTC). Feel free to post your questions here but there are a few rules; in classic courtroom-drama form:

• The question must be relevant (ie: about Warframe). 
  • The witness cannot testify to what occurred in the mind of another (ie: don’t ask me “why” something is the way it is)
  • The question cannot call for speculation or a conclusion (ie: don’t ask me “when” or “will we”). 
  • The witness can only state facts and only offer certain limited opinions (ie: don’t ask me if I think something is overpowered).
  • No leading the witness (ie: don't ask a question that's really an attempt to state your own opinion).

Here is a question to start you off on:

• Does Link Armor stack with Oberon's Iron Renewal? ie: if Iron Renewal gives me and my Smeeta both 200 armor does it get another 420 armor from 110% Link Armor mod for a total of 620 from Iron Renewal?

If we can't get enough questions for this weekend you can keep adding to this thread and we can save it for a future stream.

EDIT: This isn't your soap-box or spoiler-channel. Questions that break the rules will be stricken from the record.

Edited by [DE]Glen

19 minutes ago, [DE]Glen said:

Every once in a while I like to spend some time on my stream looking for answers to question that are tricky to figure out without the developer tools. You can figure out a lot of things yourself with the Simulacrum and the wiki is full of helpful information discovered by curious players. Sometimes when I’m curious about something that’s missing from the wiki I figure it out and update the wiki myself.

If we can get enough interesting questions I’ll do another stream like this on Sunday at my usual time (9AM EDT, 1-4 PM UTC). Feel free to post your questions here but there are a few rules; in classic courtroom-drama form:

• The question must be relevant (ie: about Warframe). 
  • The witness cannot testify to what occurred in the mind of another (ie: don’t ask me “why” something is the way it is)
  • The question cannot call for speculation or a conclusion (ie: don’t ask me “when” or “will we”). 
  • The witnesses can only state facts and only offer certain limited opinions (ie: don’t ask me if I think something is overpowered).

Here is a question to start you off on:

• Does Link Armor stack with Oberon's Iron Renewal? ie: if Iron Renewal gives me and my Smeeta both 200 armor does it get another 420 armor from 110% Link Armor mod for a total of 420 from Iron Renewal?

If we can't get enough questions for this weekend you can keep adding to this thread and we can save it for a future stream.

Um a question thats been in me and my Gf's head is how will blood rush and weeping woulds work with the new combo system thats been put on the table in the dev workshop or is it too early to ask that because i believe people would really like some context on that or am i asking the wrong person? ill try to catch your stream since first me learning that someone in DE streams

the other is just a yes or no question i would like to settle with a friend does sayrn spore have a LOS (line of sight) mechanic he will actively not listen to any of my attempts to say no it doesn't iv seen it effect though walls and your being paranoid its just being buggy he is just being a right ass about it and i want to smack some sense into him 

Alright then sir. 

When developing new units, do you ever use the Simulacrum to put them against other factions in addition to testing them against yourself?

Or are all new units only tested against developer Warframes and any maluses or bonuses they have against other factions are purely by chance?

I'm not sure if it's the sort of question you want, but I have always wondered what was the most exclusive Syandana? I think that it's either Uru Prime, the Login Syandana or Tennocon 2016. 

Also, I had a hard time testing whether Titania's lantern augment applies to Zenistar's disk, since enemies float away. Is that something you can check easily with dev tools? 

What is the order of operations for a gun regarding status: Is damage applied before or after status effects?

And how does it look on the pellet level when there's multishot or it's a shotgun. ie is it: pellet damage -> status -> next pellet damage -> status -> etc., or is it all pellets -> all status.

How do Magnetic procs handle expiration? Is it in a similar fashion to Viral, in that it restores how much was taken away initially, or does it say 'whatever you have right now, multiply that by X', or is it something else?

Edited by Cray

Fair enough, this seems like a fine little feature. My question will be a simple one for the occasion, what is your favorite warframe and what do you think are their best abilities and attributes?

Mutalist Quanta.

Firing through enough orbs from its alt fire (placed in a line so that the projectile goes through them all) can cause the damage to decrease, to the point where it shows negative numbers.

Firing through even more orbs puts the damage back up again.

I've no idea where to even start trying to work out what's going on using regular in-game means.

(I'm using a Riven with crit damage, multishot, toxin, with negative damage to infested. I can't recall if I tested without the Riven fitted - posting from phone right now. I also haven't tested it in a while, so it might have been fixed since)

A wacky bug (?) from an equally wacky weapon. Can you crack this conundrum with the dev tools?

(This isn't a question about synergies/interactions, so I'm not sure if it's valid for this thread, but it's weird enough to be worth a shot)

Oh, I have an interesting one. As I'm sure you know, there are many enemies and entities that aren't visible in the codex but can still be scanned just the same. They even turn green and/or have 'codex entry complete' message when viewed through the regular scanner. That usually happens after the default 20 scans, it seems.
Some time ago I was trying to track down all of these but there is just so many. Different syndicate operatives and rescue targets, a number of different defense terminals, several varieties of gratings each with a unique scan counter and a million other small doodads in all the mission types. And because they aren't in the codex it's ultimately impossible to check if I finished everything or not.
With deeper access to the game's data I imagine you might be able to compile a list of these scannable non-entries, perhaps for an article on the wiki as you mentioned.
I don't know if this is really something that can be made entertaining for a stream but it fits all the other criteria and it's certainly not available on the wiki right now.

Spawns in survivals have always interested me because of how weird they are. One mission I'll have a nice healthy population to mow through and the next I'll be gasping for LS drops!

There's a popular myth that enemy radar affects Enemy Radar type mods affect enemy awareness of you and get them to you faster and so improve spawning and mob movement in survivals. Is this true? I have not been able to verify or deny this and people on either side of the fence swear by whatever they believe in.

Also is it possible for you guys to consider increasing the spawn density in survivals to make it close to the hectic and uniform spawns in SO and ESO?

Is the coding for the GPU Particles somewhat linked to the lighting and color in our ship as they are quite messed up now, eg white has become grey etc. Each color is somewhat a few tone darker thus making adjusting color to our gear fairly difficult.

40 minutes ago, kylooooren said:

Does the profile usage work correctly for frames?

e.g. If I played 1000 hours total and played 100 hours with Saryn it shows 10% usage on Saryn?

Or does it work differently? 

Good question.

I assume the way usage is calculated has been changed from total login time to in-mission time. No clue when it happened though.

It appears according to profile stats I will forever be Oberon - Akvasto - Orthos main user. These are NOT my most played frame and weapons, several other items have much more XP+kills+assists on their summary.

Also, I remember some stats and achievements being reset when I ditched buggy STEAM launcher and switched to standalone one because I got tired of the game refusing to update.

Just now, Sannidor said:

Good question.

I assume the way usage is calculated has been changed from total login time to in-mission time. No clue when it happened though.

It appears according to profile stats I will forever be Oberon - Akvasto - Orthos main user. These are NOT my most played frame and weapons, several other items have much more XP+kills+assists on their summary.

Also, I remember some stats and achievements being reset when I ditched buggy STEAM launcher and switched to standalone one because I got tired of the game refusing to update.

Yea I can only see profile time which is in-mission-time and according to the numbers in my profile I went from 190h of ember on 30/12/17 to 215h of ember last I checked.. :thinking:

I hope i'm not missing any rule. Here we go:

1)Do you guys plan on improving the simulacrum? QoL changes, i mean.

Sometimes for example, i'd like to have a stats dialogue box(highest damage, average dps, etc) to compare dps from weapons. Or also, a bigger area to fight enemies without having to worry that I (or them) will fall off the platform. Are there any plans?

2)On this same note: Ragoll. Why some melee weapons have this feature? In low levels is fine, but in higher levels it makes it difficult to fight your enemy if it's going to be flying all over the place.

For example: The Jat Kittag vs the Volnus. Kittag tends to ragdoll everything while Volnus keep enemies in place. And those two are in the same class with the same stance.

Perhaps yous guys are planning to adress this in melee 3.0?

Edited by Arandabido

360 degree melee comparison time! Due to the difficulty of determining the size of some melee attack hitboxes (especially vertical size, even if it doesn't matter most of the time) I've decided to ask for the help of your mighty dev tools to put this to rest. Some of these are mid-combo ones too, so even the Simulacrum has a bit of a tough time figuring that out.

Approximately how large are the following hitboxes? If you'd like, you can compare them without Reach, with Reach or even with Primed Reach if you want.

(As I understand the weapon being used also effects the hitbox size, I've included the weapon I wanted to see compared, but you can change it if you want)

Whip (e.g atterax) slide melee

Atterax Burning Wasp stance Sparking Torture combo final 360 swing

Galatine Prime Tempo Royale stance any combo first 360 slash

Galatine Prime Cleaving Whirlwind stance Broken Bull combo 360 slash

Jat Kittag Crushing Ruin stance Shattered Village combo final 360 swing

Glaive Prime Astral Twilight stance Morning Sun combo final 360 swing

Ether Reaper Stalking Fan stance Dying Light combo jump spin

Kronen Prime Gemini Cross stance Baleful Sin combo final 360 dash 

Ceramic Dagger (since you just adjusted the size) Homing Fang stance Life Eater combo 360 slash

Venka Prime Vermillion Storm stance Cardinal Breeze combo third button press 360 slashes

Nikana Prime Blind Justice stance Heeding Call combo third button press double slash

Ninkondi Atlantis Vulcan stance Blazing Vortex combo second button press jumping attack

Redeemer Bullet Dance stance Lead Tango combo second/third button press

Jat Kusar Defiled Snapdragon stance Fangs of the Lindwurm combo final button press

Valkyr Hysteria Fervor combo 360 swings

Ankyros Prime Seismic Palm stance Echoing Hands combo second/third button press backfist attack

Kogake Prime Brutal Tide stance Inferno combo 360 "breakdance" kick

Kogake Prime Grim Fury stance Fanning Flame combo final 360 roundhouse kick

Krohkur Swooping Falcon stance Swift Pursuit combo second button press 360 slash

This is, by no means, an extensive list and i tried to avoid listing any stance twice, even if it features multiple 360 attacks because or else we'd be testing all day.

Edited by HyokaChan

14 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

EDIT: This isn't your soap-box or spoiler-channel. If you can't play by the rules I will hide and ignore your question.

INb4 someone asks: "When Sacrifice?"

Okay, here's my question(s)

(This one is mostly to anyone at DE) In all of Warframe's development since now, what was the hardest thing to create, besides PoE?

What was your favourite thing in Warframe to do?

Why BadHorse?

Does squad size affect spawns in SO and ESO? I've been told that they don't, but it feels like a lot less enemies spawn when you are alone, which of course affects how well you can keep efficiency up (since there's less enemies to kill).