Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ask Me [Almost] Anything

[DE]Glen

Thank you for all your great questions and for hanging out with me while I hummed and hawed trying to figure out the answers! 

I updated the wiki where possible -- if something was answered on stream that I forgot to note feel free to help update the wiki before we both forget what I said!

Special thanks to @vaur06 and @Wraith2 for taking notes while I talked too fast and waved my hands.

I will leave this thread unlocked and perhaps the next time I do an AM[A]A stream I can move unanswered questions to a new one? 

Thanks for answering questions, Glen!

Last two for perhaps the next stream?

• How is enemy accuracy calculated, and are they affected by level scaling?
  • What are Specter's ability cooldowns and their stats, alongside their weapon accuracy and lastly, their scaling for damage, health, shields, and armor?

Hi; i have a question on my mind since the chroma rework, but I haven't experiment myself enough to know and i'd like maybe some clarification ;

I hope this isnt an already asked question ;

How does refreshable abilities work with a different power strength between the first cast and the refresh ?

Lets say I cast a refreshable ability (like Chroma's Vex armor, Nekros's Shadows, and such), with a base power strenght if 100%; and if I refresh them before the end of the duration, but this time with the Growing power and Energy Conversion buffs (+75% total bonus power strenght), are my abilities affected in any way ? And if not, shouldn't it be ?

Playing a lot with thoses two mods, i learnt the trick to recast my channeled/triggered abilities with the right set up ; but i'm still learning about thoses refreshables abilities.

edit : I haven't read the whole topic; but am i too late to ask any questions ?

Edited by dwqrf

So I was messing with my Harrow build and I noticed something. At max rank my energy level was 150. I slap on a max rank flow. Which obvi is +150%. But my energy goes up to 300. Which is only +100%. So my question is, does this mod, and any other warframe mod affecting Efficiency, Energy, Power, Range apply after, or before rank bonuses. Or is it only flow?

59 minutes ago, (PS4)BLARG- said:

So I was messing with my Harrow build and I noticed something. At max rank my energy level was 150. I slap on a max rank flow. Which obvi is +150%. But my energy goes up to 300. Which is only +100%. So my question is, does this mod, and any other warframe mod affecting Efficiency, Energy, Power, Range apply after, or before rank bonuses. Or is it only flow?

It adds 150% of your base energy, Harrows base is 100 energy.

The 150 energy at rank 30 is because leveling grants additional energy in the same way flow does, up to 50% additional energy at max rank.

So for Harrow at max rank with Flow you have Base Energy of 100 * (1+50%+150%) which equals 300.

12 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Q: Is the coding of GPU particles linked to the lighting in the ship
A: No

Oh? But we experienced a change in lighting in the ship. Everything is darker in the shadows. Arsenal's light now come from front(slightly) right rather than directly front center thus making shadow cast on the left side of the arsenal resulting the color change making it difficult to judge color when we do fashionframe. White has gone grey etc, effectively color has gone darker when it is presented to our eyes. What went wrong?

New question: Does Arcane Guardian affects our pet's or Venari's armor through link-armor, giving them a temporary buff of 600 armor too?

22 hours ago, [DE]Glen said:

Q: Does Saryn spore have a line of sight requirement when spreading? 
A: No, there is no line of sight check in the code. Strictly radial spread with standard invulnerability checks. 

Q: Best warframe feet?

A: Banshee Prime

Q: What did you dislike about the trials?

A: the sameness of everything. They lack the variety that the rest of the game have in terms of map generation and enemy encounter posistions.

1. Good to hear. Heard too many rumors of it being LoS.

2. Boat Shoes < Listet Shoes

3. That kind of feels like Plains of Eidolon now, in all honesty. It felt fresh for about a month, but after the first Plague Star, the repetition of EVERYTHING started to show heavily. Ghouls were nice for about 20 minutes, and Tridolons were fun at first, but now it's just a place where you go on autopilot because there's little to no deviation to anything you do there.

Also, Plains has felt overly dead in terms of animals after a supposed stealth Animal Spawn nerf that happened last year. Any confirmation on that? Because it's just a lot of dust, rocks, and corpses out there.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)ALG Minuscule36 said:

1. Good to hear. Heard too many rumors of it being LoS.

That was due to a glitch happening when multiple Saryns were in the group.  I think it's been resolved with the recent hotfix, but I'm not exactly sure just yet.  

22 hours ago, dwqrf said:

Hi; i have a question on my mind since the chroma rework, but I haven't experiment myself enough to know and i'd like maybe some clarification ;

I hope this isnt an already asked question ;

How does refreshable abilities work with a different power strength between the first cast and the refresh ?

Lets say I cast a refreshable ability (like Chroma's Vex armor, Nekros's Shadows, and such), with a base power strenght if 100%; and if I refresh them before the end of the duration, but this time with the Growing power and Energy Conversion buffs (+75% total bonus power strenght), are my abilities affected in any way ? And if not, shouldn't it be ?

Playing a lot with thoses two mods, i learnt the trick to recast my channeled/triggered abilities with the right set up ; but i'm still learning about thoses refreshables abilities.

edit : I haven't read the whole topic; but am i too late to ask any questions ?

I can answer this one. Refreshable abilities essentially snapshot the first cast; activating it again while it is still active keeps the initial value. To get a new buff, you need to let it expire/jump in a pit. This is actually super helpful if, for example, a Nidus friend links you while you have a corrupted buff. Activate Vex Armor, and then have ridiculous buffs as long as you remember to refresh it.

Shadows of the Dead may work differently, as that summons individual entities. I'm guessing it may be possible to have a mix of shadows at different strengths. For self-buffs though, the snapshot rule is in effect.

1 hour ago, xXx_SALT_xXx said:

Thanks for all answers, and my question is how can i get my forums name match with my in game name, its been a month now since i changed my id, is there a way to refresh it or something help this?

You generally have to completely log out of the forums on any and all devices that you're using to access the forums with and then log back in.  I've had to do this in the past for my forum profile to update my Avatar. 

Hi @[DE]Glen,

This thread is a treat for me, as I math this game to no end and there are some theories I'd like to confirm with you.

Would you mind elaborating on spawn rates for endurance runs? Us console pleb endurance runners have our knock-off theories that we get from in-game testing, but they are just theories and sometimes just myths. Some of the theories I've personally tested maybe you can confirm.
A. Is the maximum number of enemies on a map at once 35?
B. Do fissure missions adhere to the enemy limit of 35, or whatever it is?
C. Do spawn rates have a zone limit or range limit at how close or far they spawn from?
C. What is the actual spawn rate of a survival mission?
D. Is there a limit to how many enemies can spawn at once?
E. What is the formula for eximus spawn rate scaling?

These questions help me and other immensely in our strategy of the game. We have theories on this, but I would rather get the truth. Your streams are fun BTW.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

I hope this question belongs here, as I'm very curious about this:

What do you call the various stun- or stun-related effects, to seperate them (so you know how to code specific animations and such)?

For example, known names (or at least, have some easily identifiable names we tend to use):

• Impact-proc / Stagger (enemies stumble backwards for about a second) - This proc is often called "stagger", but is that the correct animation-term used?
  • Ragdoll (when enemies fly away and their "skeleton" loosen up, making them look like ragdolls, hence its name).
  • Knockdown (enemies are knocked down, this is applied for example in an AoE when Blast-status procs).
  • Knockback (enemies are pushed backwards, sometimes also combined with being knocked down - but not always, so it's not a stun-effect in itself, but it is kind of related regardless).
  • Electric-proc / Convulse (enemies convulse in place. Also used in other animations, like Harrow's Condemn) - I guess Convulse is a good alternate name for this stun-animation?
  • Freeze / Petrify (more like an enemy animation-freezer, rather than a real stun per se, I guess?).
  • Sleep (used by Rest and Sleep Arrow, for example).

Please correct me if those have different names!

But then there are these:

• The "melee-mini-stagger", where enemies are basicly very briefly moved left/right/back when you hit them. While it is a very brief stun, it's also 100% reliable, so it's a nice one to have. If my memory serves me right, this stun is also done by some of the Snipers on every shot - What do you call this stun-effect?
  • In most cases when enemies are opened to melee finishers, they do a "stumble in place"-animation (same animation as a Heat-proc, I've noticed) - What do you call this stun-effect?
  • Enemies grabbing their heads, and seemingly in agony (used for Chaos, among many other abilities) - What do you call this stun-effect?
  • Enemies "dancing" in place (used for Scarab Swarm and Ravenous' Maggots, for example) - What do you call this stun-effect?
  • Enemies hanging in the air (used by Bastille, and briefly by Reckoning) - What do you call this stun-effect?
  • Enemies hit their weapons, trying to get it to work (used by Shooting Gallery and Counter Pulse) - What do you call this stun-effect?
  • Enemies looking around, briefly confused (used by Switch Teleport) - What do you call this stun-effect?

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask about this!

Edited by Azamagon

Hi Glen:

One of the potential buffs of the Charm mod is "instant reload".  If I equip a melee only on any given mission, is the chance for Smeeta to trigger this buff removed from the table of Charm's benefits (thereby increasing the odds of other benefits occurring), or does it remain in the table as a dud buff?

*edit* Looks like it remains as a dud buff.

Edited by N64Gamefreak
Answered my own question

On 2018-05-23 at 11:41 PM, vaur06 said:

Is hunter synergy updated to take into account temporary crit buff, such as argon scope and cat's eye ?

In addition to this question, I'm also curious about the Tiberon Prime, which crit chance is different in three modes, will it also change kavat/kubrow's crit chance?

• 4 weeks later...

Can Charm apply the same unstackable bonus (e.g. insta shield replish after hit) twice or more or the game prevents such cases? Can you get insta-reload buff without primaries and secondaries equipped and insta shield replish with Inaros or Nidus? If not, does the chance of getting the other buffs increases or the chance/time of Charm  varies for every missing possible buff?

I am mostly concerned about the story of Warframe. So here are my questions...

Q1: We know that Warframe and the game "Dark Sector" are not the same universes, but were they intended to be the same universes when everything began years ago?

Q2: We see in the description of the weapon "Glaive" that it is the first tenno's weapon (Also something like that mentioned in Excalibur's). But we also know that they are different universes. Why they say something as if they are connected to the story of "Dark Sector"?

---

Edited by -_-DaRXoS-_-

6 hours ago, -_-DaRXoS-_- said:

I am mostly concerned about the story of Warframe. So here are my questions...

Q1: We know that Warframe and the game "Dark Sector" are not the same universes, but were they intended to be the same universes when everything began years ago?

Q2: We see in the description of the weapon "Glaive" that it is the first tenno's weapon (Also something like that mentioned in Excalibur's). But we also know that they are different universes. Why they say something as if they are connected to the story of "Dark Sector"?

---

I recall DE Steve saying something akin to not entirely non-canon, but even if they were, the timeline would make it so far as to mostly not matter. Still, I would love to get other DE input on the subject!