Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] Bring back old Orokin sytle Clan rooms or no?

Sannleikur

For the few of us lucky enough to have seen them, we know that the old orokin style dojo rooms are vastly prettier than their newer tenno themed counterparts. I was talking with XFORCE the reknowned dojo interior designer today and they said that they hoped they'd come back and perhaps with enough people in the community asking for it, we'd get them back.

Since we now have grineer, corpus, and orokin decorations available at our finger tips, perhaps bringing back the availability of the old rooms wouldn't hurt?

Please voice your support or dissent below in the comments, otherwise this thread will die a quick death, and so will our chances of getting these rooms back.

Here are some examples the old orokin clan rooms:

Spoiler

kOLmNOJ.png&key=7a192ae26128fddb142985b6IiTDv8l.png&key=af5197cacac4b7afa3ee4b0cThe thread which those came from

1024?cb=20140327004227

maxresdefault.jpg&key=5ee210d6bc975d5f39

The thread that that one came from

CJV5LnW.jpg&key=e7a79f9e5421a37860c86bff

The Thread that that came from

7gCTga0.jpg&key=b10d5d08549557ab89ca4d81

The thread that pic came from 

As you can see from the posts in forums linked in the spoiler, people have wanted the return of orokin style rooms for quite some time now. Since August 2014 at least.

A bit of background on dojos and why the orokin rooms went way.

Dojos were released in update 8.0 on May 23, 2013. 

Note that it states that they're (supposed) to be designed with tenno architecture. 

On August 9, 2013, 2.5 months after dojos were introduced, update 9.5 dropped, permanently destroying the option to build old orokin style rooms. A tragedy for dojos for years to come.

They did this for multiple reasons.
First, and I don't remember where I read this, is because they didn't feel that orokin design for tenno homes was appropriate, given their relationship.
Second, they made the new rooms to better fit grid patterns and cross connect, a feature we all enjoy, but they could have easily done this while keeping the orokin style. 
Lastly, as it states in the update, which I personally find a shocker and an affront to interior design and architecture, they thought the newer tenno designs "looked better" than the orokin ones. 

My, how the rest of us have come to disagree with that last bit over time.

My suggestion is this: Since recent updates for dojos have allowed for an extreme amount of personalization and have allowed us to greatly customize the interiors to represent not only tenno, but the grineer, corpus, and orokin as well, perhaps we can have an update reversing the rule made in U9.5 5 years ago barring the creation of new orokin rooms. Just put a warning label on them stating they don't mesh well with the tenno style rooms on a grid.

Also, just in case it is a problem for DE, allow us to keep our currently built tenno style halls and build the orokin style halls as well. Say we have the grand and grandest style tenno halls already built, current rules dictate that we are only allowed to build one of each, so let the orokin style of the same size be counted as something different and allow us to build them so we can have both a grandest tenno hall and a grandest orokin hall. Or just remove or increase the limit cap on clan halls altogether. 

If you agree with what I've said, Please post your support in the comment section below. We will not get these rooms back unless enough of us make sure to make our opinions heard. 
If you have any other points on the subject, or disagree with it entirely, let us know, too. 

Edited by Sannleikur
  • Like 1

I would say bring them back but with a light touch up, so that they do flow well with current ones. the only difference is that they are more ornate. It would also be a lot for the art team as well though, only downside to it.

I used to be in Broframe while it was still a single clan, and the way the dojo looked was really damn impressive. Now that we have customizations that allow us to build mechs, dragons, and make our rooms look like paradise, I'd love to see the old rooms return so we can add a little modern flair to them.

Edited by dot1212
Spelling / grammar

Absolutely yes 100000%. The old clan halls were beautiful and need to return.

One question as always, how to get a really solid suggestion through to Developers, past all the noise on forums and twitter to the real decision makers.

No reason why these old halls can't be added to the collection of build-able rooms, their beauty should not be lost to the void.

15 minutes ago, TommyBlue7 said:

One question as always, how to get a really solid suggestion through to Developers, past all the noise on forums and twitter to the real decision makers.

No reason why these old halls can't be added to the collection of build-able rooms, their beauty should not be lost to the void.

Spread the word, tell others to post on this thread, get well known warframe members and youtubers in on it, maybe contact members of DE directly about the subject. 

It's one of many legacy issues, it's prestigious to have those rooms, not everyone will be happy about this even if they don't speak up. Personally I'm more interested in a finished room-capacity system and maybe that war-room we were promised?

Id rather they remake the style of those rooms and others as skin variants for the rooms we use while giving us more decorations so we can recreate the decoration of the rooms on our own. That way you have less rooms needing to be rebuilt and instead just changing the skin and building decorations.

I've currently buit every room available in the dojo selection except the barracs and the new parcour architec, i'd like very much to build an entire floor only with these old style rooms, their design was quite pleasant

Le 19/05/2018 à 04:30, Sannleikur a dit :

McTro5Q.jpg

HCK8aiQ.jpg

I don't have much the way of orokin rooms, just 4 rooms, only one being a spawn hall. Going to try to build a dragon in it. I'd love to have the other 2 or 3 spawn halls that exist though.

Are u able to place the new rooms when you already built all ur clan halls?? Cant wait till we get this on XB1! How does it all work? Any signifficant changes?

On 2018-05-28 at 1:30 PM, -.SP.-G43riel said:

i'd say just make a DOJO SKIN PACK

Orokin skin, Infested Skin, even if not allowed to buy with plat. Like getting equipments from Prime Access.

they would profit and make people happy at the same time

A cash only option for dojo would piss a lot of people off, especially at the price of primed accessories.

Honestly, with the all the options we have to build things, its easy to run out of space - and even easier if your designs prompt other people to start building things. I'd personal love the ability to put down more halls, and the Orokin ones are the most gorgeous of the lot.

I know that part of the reason they were removed was due to a clash in decor and inconsistent themeing, but with the release - and popularity - of the new Orokin decorations, I'm holding out hope that they come back. There's no reason to leave them unused, right DE?

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Neon Lights9212 said:

id seriously love to have access to the old orokin designs...  reason? my clan is called the vault of the primes, id like a prime aesthetic to my dojo

Aye, Priming Rooms by hand is hard.

qA4MxHc.jpg&key=7ed1f7463bc9a633c5e648d3

7 hours ago, Xforce said:

Honestly, with the all the options we have to build things, its easy to run out of space - and even easier if your designs prompt other people to start building things. I'd personal love the ability to put down more halls, and the Orokin ones are the most gorgeous of the lot.

I know that part of the reason they were removed was due to a clash in decor and inconsistent themeing, but with the release - and popularity - of the new Orokin decorations, I'm holding out hope that they come back. There's no reason to leave them unused, right DE?

Their main reason for ditching them was room dimensions were inconsistent, leading to where you couldn't build looping dojo paths because rooms wouldn't line up. They went with a standardized room dimension system to ensure rooms would be able to snap together, but that meant they had to remake the rooms from the ground up. They did this, but decided to go with a new theme for these to separate them from the Orokin and make them stick to the Tenno's own designs. Personally Id love to see them remake the old room sets as reskins for existing rooms, with Corpus, Grineer, and hell, infested variants, but the work required for that I feel would lead ti either a large amount of grind, or a market-bought cosmetic that would just not fit well with the dojo system.

Though perhaps they could make it worthwhile enough if it were rewarded through clan quests and events. *shrug*

• 2 weeks later...