Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities Cooldown & Mobility Normalization

_GoodLuck_

Abilities Cooldown

Beasts of the Sanctuary update have brought for us the cooldown mechanics. Why not impliment it in Conclave?

When we use an ability, all abilities gets cooldown. Cooldown is based on ability type that we used. If we, for example. used an ultimate ability, our cooldown will be more longer. It's better than we have now. Only cooldown splits us from using abilities. We no longer required to search for energy.

Many will asks me - why? We have not the stamina bar. Energy should be the same, but with cooldowns.

Mobility Normalization

~Read the upper title~

Tanky shmanky... Stop separating Warframes between light and heavy. Just do a simple test:

Take one shot from Daikyu and from Lex. Any Warframe will die as well and no matter what kind of Warframe was - light or heavy.

Comparing with current avarage mobility, 90% of abilities are pathetic against 1.0 and higher mobility.

We need removing the mobility parameter and making it constant for all Warframes - 0.9 (or 1.0). After that, we no longer needed for a mobility mods.

Advantages of all of this

• More half of players complaining about Conclave speed and don't like that high velocity.
  • Abilities cooldown will prevents spam
  • Mobility normalization will prevent the monkeys invasion in the PvP

To be honest, current Conclave community is a trash. You just decrease already small Conclave online and nerf anything that kills your monkey's *ss. Where I'm took this opinion? Personal experience and comments here.

I hope DE will make Conclave rework soon cuz it's the last gamemode in which we can play after reaching all PvE content.

Thanks for reading. Also, imma waitin for comments like:

• Abilities! Foo! Noob. You such a loser!!!
  • Improve your aim, noob.
  • Improve your parkour skill!11!
  • Abilities breaks the game! We don't needed them

<Don't pay attention for grammar mistakes (if you found them). English isn't my native lang. But I'm trying>

Edited by _GoodLuck_

I would like a modifier of cooldowns instead of energy. Though I would prefer dynamic cooldowns. How would that work?

When you start, your first 3 abilities are ready to use but the Ultimate starts on a 90s cooldown (all ultimates would share this). Each time you die or kill that cooldown is shortened by 3s.

The first 3 abilities would have cooldowns based on power and/or utility of ability. And Augments would increase ability cooldown to counterbalance the upgrade.

Of course Channeled abilities will need to be changed to set Timer.

Edited by Nazrethim

I'm only going to talk about the ability part since that's the section I'm most interested in/concerned about.

While I really like the idea behind abilities being based on cooldown instead of energy, there's the problem that most abilities tend to be loosely balanced at best so even with cooldowns there's little reason to use many skills, and a lot of reason to just use the same single skill more often. We have such extremes between Excalibur's easy to use, lock on Impair + damage for 25 energy and Ash's 100 energy to cripple his own mobility, mark people currently melee'ing him and then if he survives deal ok damage to them as long as they never left melee range of him. 

I think this could be solved via adjusting cooldowns based on 'impact' of a skill but that by itself isn't a satisfying solution. A better one would be to actually adjust all skills to be generally worth casting or at least have situations where they might be worth casting, but that would require a significant amount of effort to rework most abilities that I don't think DE will spare.

It would be especially the door open to everything. I must mention the tryharder players? I have a lot of names to mention players who will take advantage of this kind of systems ... You want a mag who camp waiting to have his 4 and the use in a group of players and in continues? No thanks.

Cooldowns? not so sure. Could easily be abused by some players. Just use your ultimate in a group, get 3-5 kills, run around map until ultimate is back up, repeat. As for mobility normalization, that is an option I can get behind. If you want to tank in conclave though, another option would be to just buff the incredibly underwhelming survivability mods that are available (calculated spring,tempered bound). For the huge mobility penalty, they should have at least double, if not triple the bonuses they currently have.

Edited by Kazundo

Tbh, I feel like the Conclave feedback section needs one pinned message with all the generic feedback we always seem to see: cooldowns on abilities, stamina bar, and normalization of movement.

I really don't understand the ability cooldown argument.  We already have an energy bar that limits how often people can use their ults.  Spamming first abilities or even double casting 2s or 3s is barely a problem from my experience.  Searching for energy is barely an issue and can be another strategic way to have an edge over your opponent(s).  It's not necessary be on top of, either.

We did have a normalized mobility for a time, and it was very unpopular.

The main problem I see with Conclave is simply that it is balanced for experts, not for casuals.  It's a niche style with extreme pace that the casual audience cannot keep up with and therefore is largely unpopular.  Changing movement can't+won't fix that.

21 hours ago, _GoodLuck_ said:

<Don't pay attention for grammar mistakes (if you found them). English isn't my native lang. But I'm trying>

Good job for trying, fellow tenno.

18 hours ago, Kazundo said:

Cooldowns? not so sure. Could easily be abused by some players. Just use your ultimate in a group, get 3-5 kills, run around map until ultimate is back up, repeat.

Now is same. You can run around and collect energy orbs and do the same... And where is the difference?

4 hours ago, -Dren- said:

The difference is that the player must move to look for energy and can be quickly caught. A player with a cooldown time can camp.

Not all players use No Current Leap. Innate energy regeneration helps well too. Just pick up 1-2 orb(s) and use an ult. After using an ult you gain high energy regeneration and then can use other abils (often first abil). With cooldown it be more strictly. You must wait until cooldown ends to use any of your other abils.

Mobility & Abilities should be nerfed. I don't like both of them.

7 hours ago, _GoodLuck_ said:

Now is same. You can run around and collect energy orbs and do the same... And where is the difference?

Innate energy regeneration decreases when you have more energy. This makes it take a very long time to obtain 100 energy without pickups.Players can deny others from getting energy orbs by either picking them up or placing traps (Vauban Tesla / Vortex, Nova Anti-Matter mine) near them. Additionally, Nekros Soul Punch and Mag Pull allow players to deplete other players' energy, allowing them to prevent players from over-relying on their 4th abilities.

I have to use No Current Leap only on one of all my slots.You have to know that a game lasts 10 minutes. What would be your cooldown? 30 seconds or 1 minute for an ulti. So you can cast 10 in one part? If it were only me, I would say a system without energy to favor the aim.

As for the movements. I not recommanded a nerf, why? You know that there is already a big gap between those who have a lot of experience with aim and the casual? Do you want all people to wear an ignis, an arca plasmor or a castanas? Or that I continue on my launch with a Rhino stradavar? Since people will be slower, it would be just a slaughter.

Edited by -Dren-

1 hour ago, Tachmag said:

Then Conclave isn't what you're looking for.

Might I suggest Battlefield or CounterStrike?

No, thanks. These games isn't for me.

30 minutes ago, Heckzu said:

Innate energy regeneration decreases when you have more energy. This makes it take a very long time to obtain 100 energy without pickups.Players can deny others from getting energy orbs by either picking them up or placing traps (Vauban Tesla / Vortex, Nova Anti-Matter mine) near them. Additionally, Nekros Soul Punch and Mag Pull allow players to deplete other players' energy, allowing them to prevent players from over-relying on their 4th abilities.

I know about the energy regeneration mechanics.

Allow me to explain you:

When you, for example, have full 3/4 of energy, you can easily spam your 1st ability 3 times and this is bad. Excal's Dash can absolutely control anyone for 6 seconds (if you know timings). Even more bad is the Nidus' second ability that catches you for 4 seconds and costs a few energy. My suggested mechanics should prevent that behavior. No one likes when someone spams an ability 2 or more times on you.

In cooldown system Mag's Pull and Nekros' Soul Punch will increase current cooldown or locks your abilities for a low time if no cooldown was. That would be amazing.

I'm an old Conclave player. I've started to playing Conclave when I Was 5 MR in 2014. I collected a lot of information. And you know what? Nothing was changed. We still fly over half (all) map by using one BJ (hi dual zorens, hi coptering). We still have oneshot weapons (hi [Opticor, Daikyi, Euphona Prime]). We still using a melee weapon for increasing our mobility. We still know most of the players (as in the old days) in a lobby. And the most important, we still have a low online. I'm just trying to fix those problems. All is your (addressed to Community) contribution is a nerf request posts.

2 minutes ago, -Dren- said:

I have to use No Current Leap only on one of all my slots.You have to know that a game lasts 10 minutes. What would be your cooldown? 30 seconds or 1 minute for an ulti. So you can cast 10 in one part? If it were only me, I would say a system without energy to favor the aim.

I'm just trying to merge the Variants gamemode and new cooldown system in the original gamemodes.

Try to return the Variants mode. I'm not against that gamemode. I vote up everywhere when I see posts about the Variants gamemode.

Idk cooldown duration for abilities. DE should do this. I just suggested mechanics without numbers.