Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unarmed combat?

tprx

I was doing some scanning and I noticed that when I changed from a weapon to the scanner, it reads "unarmed" briefly where the name of the weapon is on the HUD. Is that a taste of something to come?...

It's been like that for years. It's just the transition between a weapon and a gear.

The only "unarmed" mode is on some Halloween tact Alerts (but it's basicaly weak Sparring) and I think the mission after you've been captured by the Zanuka Hunter, but idk for sure, I never played it.

Unamed combat currently is like using quick melee when sparring weapons. Just punching. I honestly would want a legit hand to hand combat style, sparring and fists aren't good enough.

Still waiting on the brick

0C2CAFE9784F9DBCA8476C9EBCB04DD7096977AE

1 hour ago, --Q--Stryker said:

Unamed combat currently is like using quick melee when sparring weapons. Just punching. I honestly would want a legit hand to hand combat style, sparring and fists aren't good enough.

we all want to be yi yun from True Martial World 

9 hours ago, tprx said:

I was doing some scanning and I noticed that when I changed from a weapon to the scanner, it reads "unarmed" briefly where the name of the weapon is on the HUD. Is that a taste of something to come?...

DE doesn’t put in Easter eggs to upcoming content within the game. If they want you to be aware something you’ll be told in the devstreams or in a much bigger way in the game than just an Easter egg.

What might be cool is if we could use our Primary and Secondary weapons for quick melee if we don't have a melee weapon equipped or slotted as gear. The attack would do a modest amount of Impact, Slash, or Puncture damage and custom animations, depending on the physical design of the weapon.

For example, take the Burston Prime. It's got an under-slung bayonet that could be used to stab an opponent doing Puncture damage and inflicting a Bleed proc as well.

Or the Tiberon / Tiberon Prime with those knife-like protrusions. You could do a swiping attack that does Impact and Slash.

Weapons lacking those features would just do Impact damage.

I don't know about you all, but I wouldn't mind pistol-whipping a Grineer Lancer with my Lex Prime or applying the shoulder stock of my Sybaris to a Nullifier's helmet and - shortly after knocking off the helmet - his face.

Yes, this would require adding in new animations, but I think it would add some nice options for players. Especially in missions where you can't bring a dedicated melee weapon.

6 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

DE doesn’t put in Easter eggs to upcoming content within the game. If they want you to be aware something you’ll be told in the devstreams or in a much bigger way in the game than just an Easter egg.

I didn't think it was an Easter egg. I thought it was a mechanic they put in place in case they want to explore that avenue. After all, you don't go "unarmed" when you switch from primary to secondary or melee ans back.

6 hours ago, tprx said:

I didn't think it was an Easter egg. I thought it was a mechanic they put in place in case they want to explore that avenue. After all, you don't go "unarmed" when you switch from primary to secondary or melee ans back.

They don’t put mechanics in the game that would be that levels of unfinished.

В 20.05.2018 в 12:48, --Q--Stryker сказал:

brick combat - no Peculiar mods need it. There is no better way to disrespect your enemy and dominate galaxy without any need of money. Cheap as f*** but effective

В 20.05.2018 в 07:48, --Q--Stryker сказал:

Unarmed combar would be more like Grappling / Aikido.    Because there is no point hitting heavy armored targets or robots.   Best to just break their joints.....So yeah, mostly Counterattacks, Knockdowns, Stuns and Finishers.

That Brick needs a Cellphone skin tho.  For fashion.