Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DIRECTX 10 & 11 ! PLEASE HELP

icicles.

Question

i'll make it simple and short

i have window 10 therefore preexist direct x 12 

at one point everything was fine i had to uninstall reinstall steam and the game 

now NOTHING works except on directx 9 ! 

i tried to uninstall reinstall gpu 

nothing seems to help 

on direct x9 its fluent with 0 issues but crashes on black screen if luanched on anything else

Edited by Elemental_Ricochet

19 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Elemental_Ricochet said:

now NOTHING works except on directx 9 ! 

What do you mean by "nothing"? Is this limited to Warframe, or every game you have tried?

Have you tried deleting the EE.cfg file? (C:\Users\**Account Name**\AppData\Local\Warframe)

- It just stores the local data (i.e. settings). Deleting it will mean you have to redo the settings and controls. 

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

What do you mean by "nothing"? Is this limited to Warframe, or every game you have tried?

Have you tried deleting the EE.cfg file? (C:\Users\**Account Name**\AppData\Local\Warframe)

- It just stores the local data (i.e. settings). Deleting it will mean you have to redo the settings and controls. 

nothing runs except for dx9 for wf and no i believe its just warframe 

will update u as soon as i try

5 minutes ago, krc473 said:

same same i still get a black screen ---> crash

8 hours ago, Elemental_Ricochet said:

it says a higher version of directx is already installed no need to install installation finished.

Dxdiag says i have direct x12 already

Your hardware does support DX10+, right? I assume it does. 

My WF is running fine on above DX9. Have you recently updated your GPU software? Try rolling back to the previous version. I have not updated my nvidia drivers to the newest version yet. Edit: I have version 397.31.

Edited by krc473

14 hours ago, krc473 said:

Your hardware does support DX10+, right? I assume it does. 

My WF is running fine on above DX9. Have you recently updated your GPU software? Try rolling back to the previous version. I have not updated my nvidia drivers to the newest version yet. Edit: I have version 397.31.

basically windows 10 comes with directx 12 installed 
i have gtx930mx and already did uninstall reinstall gpu drivers twice 

4 hours ago, Elemental_Ricochet said:

The question was more, did you try an older software version?

In the past, some nvidia updates have messed things up. A simple rollback fixes it. Just because dx12 comes standard, does not mean all hardware will support it - yours does though (if you had said you had a gtx 360 or something...).

On another note: was it working fine prior to the latest Win10 update?

Edited by krc473

Having the exact same issue, only started happening the last few days. Game still runs but with a black screen, all audio and i guess everything else running in the background. This is not happening on any other games. I'm also running Win 10. Nothing has been updated between the game running fine and these odd crashes. I haven't found a way to recreate/trigger the crash yet, as it seems pretty random, though quite regular.

5 hours ago, Elemental_Ricochet said:

I just checked your graphics Card and saw that it supports DirectX 12.  Since you didn't start having issues until after you reinstalled Steam and Warframe, this leads me to think the issue is from a bad install of Steam, Warframe, or both.  

On 2018-05-21 at 9:44 PM, DatDarkOne said:

I just checked your graphics Card and saw that it supports DirectX 12.  Since you didn't start having issues until after you reinstalled Steam and Warframe, this leads me to think the issue is from a bad install of Steam, Warframe, or both.  

i did reinstall both after the problem occurred and nothing seemed to be of help - also steam is just a platform it doesn't involve anything related to the launching or performance  

On 2018-05-21 at 9:24 PM, Shifty_Shuffler said:

Having the exact same issue, only started happening the last few days. Game still runs but with a black screen, all audio and i guess everything else running in the background. This is not happening on any other games. I'm also running Win 10. Nothing has been updated between the game running fine and these odd crashes. I haven't found a way to recreate/trigger the crash yet, as it seems pretty random, though quite regular.

i have the same exact issue mate i made a ticked and De Nate is working with me on it as soon as we get this done ! i'll make sure to give u feedback

On 2018-05-21 at 9:04 PM, krc473 said:

The question was more, did you try an older software version?

In the past, some nvidia updates have messed things up. A simple rollback fixes it. Just because dx12 comes standard, does not mean all hardware will support it - yours does though (if you had said you had a gtx 360 or something...).

On another note: was it working fine prior to the latest Win10 update?

its not windows update that messed it its warframe update ! the game was normal and it was all okay

plus i did try to download my drivers from multiple sources and it all resulted in the same way

If this happened to you last week I can help you. My friend is also on Windows 10 and was crashing shortly after starting up warframe after updating both Warframe and Windows 10. After a few failed attempts the solution I found was to roll back the Windows 10 update that went live last week. That should fix your problem.

Edited by Zilchy

8 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

If this happened to you last week I can help you. My friend is also on Windows 10 and was crashing shortly after starting up warframe after updating both Warframe and Windows 10. After a few failed attempts the solution I found was to roll back the Windows 10 update that went live last week. That should fix your problem.

any clue how can i roll it back? i didn't set up a back up or anything

i did check with DE my Windows tools and it showed 0 errors and issues

54 minutes ago, Elemental_Ricochet said:

i did reinstall both after the problem occurred and nothing seemed to be of help - also steam is just a platform it doesn't involve anything related to the launching or performance  

How about this then, install the Warframe Stand Alone Client and see if you still have the issues.  If you don't, then the problem is with Steam.  

I had previously had problems with Steam version that caused me to switch to the DE client.  Those problems had to due with graphics and controller issues.  

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

How about this then, install the Warframe Stand Alone Client and see if you still have the issues.  If you don't, then the problem is with Steam.  

I had previously had problems with Steam version that caused me to switch to the DE client.  Those problems had to due with graphics and controller issues.  

im contacting microsoft now hope the have a way out

3 hours ago, Elemental_Ricochet said:

any clue how can i roll it back? i didn't set up a back up or anything

i did check with DE my Windows tools and it showed 0 errors and issues

Hey mate go to control panel and it's under system and security. As a security protocol, windows 10 creates an automatic restore point when an update is applied so just select the one save point that is in there, dated from last week. Oh and turn off auto-updating for windows too. Hope that helps.

Edited by Zilchy

On 2018-05-25 at 9:56 PM, Zilchy said:

Hey mate go to control panel and it's under system and security. As a security protocol, windows 10 creates an automatic restore point when an update is applied so just select the one save point that is in there, dated from last week. Oh and turn off auto-updating for windows too. Hope that helps.

On 2018-05-25 at 6:26 PM, Elemental_Ricochet said:

im contacting microsoft now hope the have a way out

On 2018-05-25 at 6:21 PM, DatDarkOne said:

On 2018-05-21 at 9:44 PM, DatDarkOne said:

upgrade Nvidia drivers from the official website not throughout windows and it solved it all !

hope this might help future tennos