Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bastille No Longer Provides Stealth Multipliers XP?

Hoangviet1996

As i was doing my usual Adaro run with vauban i notice that his 3 no longer gives stealth multipliers xp bonus. The enemy that got into the range of his bastile will be immediately put into alerted state when i come close and also alarm any nearby enemies that are not being affected by his 3. Not sure if this a bug or not since i haven't notice any changes in the recent hotfixes.

PS: If you gonna ask me why would i use vauban for Adaro run anyway then it's just personal reference. Thanks

First of all, did you really expect a glowing foce-field that lifts people in the air making a lot of noise and shiny particles be STEALTH ? 

Even if that was, it surely was by mistake, as it does not make any kind of sense.

tumblr_o634juyUmq1sdtr1zo3_500.gif

MajorColossalGnat-max-1mb.gif

yes.. stealth indeed.

Just now, Kyryo said:

First of all, did you really expect a glowing foce-field that lifts people in the air making a lot of noise and shiny particles be STEALTH ? 

Even if that was, it surely was by mistake, as it does not make any kind of sense.

tumblr_o634juyUmq1sdtr1zo3_500.gif

MajorColossalGnat-max-1mb.gif

yes.. stealth indeed.

I'm not talking about realism, i asking about an in game feature that has been there for a very long time. Enemies that get killed while being affected by his 3 provide Xp Multipliers, which now doesn't and it's most likely a bug since there weren't any infos about it in the last updates. And please if you gonna reply to my topic, be a bit constructive.

I wish I can help, but I think it may be due to the Bastille effects being seen by the mob, which may trigger them to be alert? Vauban still suffers from Bastille bugs allowing enemies to enter, randomly, with Mods.I'm guessing this could probably be an additional bug to his Bastille, but I could be wrong. If you haven't done so, try reporting it as a bug and see if it is. Would be helpful to me as well because I mostly play Vaubs and if I run into that problem I would know or I could avoid it until it is fixed. 

Edited by Mardomus

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Hoangviet1996:

To be completely honest your replies already showed me how much knowledge you have over the game and your personal IQ level. If you want to be toxic on the forum then pls find some other places to show your stupidities. Thanks & Best Regard

>Talks about the IQ of others.

>Adresses exploits as features and a possible Fix as Bug.

...whatever it was, expect it to remain this way. Abilities are not exactly stealth friendly by default if they don't put enemys in a stealth state by themselfes. Bastile seems to have been a exception and is no longer, end of the story.

3 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

...whatever it was, expect it to remain this way. Abilities are not exactly stealth friendly by default if they don't put enemys in a stealth state by themselfes. Bastile seems to have been a exception and is no longer, end of the story.

That likely sounds like the case. It is quite possible that it wasn't supposed to give Stealth XP in the first place and it was simply corrected.

All stealth wise, as it were.

5 hours ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

As stated on Wiki itself. If it were a bug to begin with then they should have noted in the hotfix. For me i just played the game as i normally would and notice it behaved differently after recent patch. And there are a lot more frame can do this, Rhino Stomp for example also give XP bonus when the enemies are killed while in the air.

• Enemies held up by Bastille before actual encounters will assume a state of unawareness. These enemies will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks over the ability's duration.

Yes that why i have it posted on the forum since i didn't notice any changes within the hotfixes. A lot other frames also have this properties "Rhino Stomp, Excal Radial Blind". 

2 hours ago, dkt0404 said:

That likely sounds like the case. It is quite possible that it wasn't supposed to give Stealth XP in the first place and it was simply corrected.

All stealth wise, as it were.

10 hours ago, Mardomus said:

I wish I can help, but I think it may be due to the Bastille effects being seen by the mob, which may trigger them to be alert? Vauban still suffers from Bastille bugs allowing enemies to enter, randomly, with Mods.I'm guessing this could probably be an additional bug to his Bastille, but I could be wrong. If you haven't done so, try reporting it as a bug and see if it is. Would be helpful to me as well because I mostly play Vaubs and if I run into that problem I would know or I could avoid it until it is fixed. 

I tend to run Adaro with vauban. Like i said it's a personal liking of mine. His 3 as stated on wiki and it also gives xp bonus - not sure about it being exploit or not, i just know it's there and i use it everynow and then in Adaro. Another WF that also can give XP bonus is Rhino with his Stomp, Enemies that get killed while being stomped that is.

• Enemies held up by Bastille before actual encounters will assume a state of unawareness. These enemies will be susceptible to Stealth Damage Multipliers from melee attacks over the ability's duration.
Edited by Hoangviet1996

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Hoangviet1996:

As stated on Wiki itself. If it were a bug to begin with then they should have noted in the hotfix. For me i just played the game as i normally would and notice it behaved differently after recent patch. And there are a lot more frame can do this, Rhino Stomp for example also give XP bonus when the enemies are killed while in the air.

Still an exceptation. That goes for rhinos stomp too. The wiki is run by fans btw rather then DE itself... good source for information but not exactly guaranteed to be up to theyr standarts.

This was a bug, and they fixed it. I don't understand why that's so hard for you to accept. DE's been working to patch out long-standing bugs and cheese tactics, and have made quite a few changes recently to how the stealth multiplier can be achieved. It should be no surprise that they'd patch this bug, too.

And since you seem to have a penchant for trying to refute that it was a bug, any reasonable analysis shows that it wasn't intended. Bastille doesn't put the enemies to sleep, blind them, or stun them. It's not designed as a stealth skill. There have been several bugs in the past with CC skills where they would trigger stealth multipliers, due to the wonky way the detection system is coded, and all of them have been fixed. Bastille is no exception.

And no, they don't have to list the fix in the patch notes. There are tons of changes they don't list in patch notes. For instance, did anyone notice that your displayed Warframe in the personal quarters now holds their primary, instead of being bare-handed? Or how about the oxygen pumps they just installed outside the door that never used to be there? Or the sigil that floats in front of Onkko when you speak to him? None of that was mentioned in any patch notes, yet here we are. Same goes for the Bastille change.

1 hour ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

This was a bug, and they fixed it. I don't understand why that's so hard for you to accept. DE's been working to patch out long-standing bugs and cheese tactics, and have made quite a few changes recently to how the stealth multiplier can be achieved. It should be no surprise that they'd patch this bug, too.

And since you seem to have a penchant for trying to refute that it was a bug, any reasonable analysis shows that it wasn't intended. Bastille doesn't put the enemies to sleep, blind them, or stun them. It's not designed as a stealth skill. There have been several bugs in the past with CC skills where they would trigger stealth multipliers, due to the wonky way the detection system is coded, and all of them have been fixed. Bastille is no exception.

And no, they don't have to list the fix in the patch notes. There are tons of changes they don't list in patch notes. For instance, did anyone notice that your displayed Warframe in the personal quarters now holds their primary, instead of being bare-handed? Or how about the oxygen pumps they just installed outside the door that never used to be there? Or the sigil that floats in front of Onkko when you speak to him? None of that was mentioned in any patch notes, yet here we are. Same goes for the Bastille change.

Then it's sad to see something that actually affects the gameplay itself rather than fashion frame, etc does not get mentioned in hotfixes. To be honest i play the game often but rarely come on to the forum, i just wanted to ask a simple question that if this is a bug or not, but did not think about getting that much hostility and trolling.

Edited by Hoangviet1996

1 minute ago, Hoangviet1996 said:

Then it's sad to see something that actually affects the gameplay itself rather than fashion frame, etc does not get mentioned in hotfixes. To be honest i play the game often but rarely come on to the forum, i just wanted to ask a simple question that if this is a bug or not, but did not think about getting that much hostility.

Apologies if I seemed hostile, as that wasn't my intent. Just trying to cover all my bases. We're all Tenno, after all, no point in jumping at each others' throats.

15 minutes ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Apologies if I seemed hostile, as that wasn't my intent. Just trying to cover all my bases. We're all Tenno, after all, no point in jumping at each others' throats.

The game does a terrible job of explaining things anyway especially how certain abilities work so i don't blame anyone. But still the line between Bug Exploit and Feature in this game as it is right now, is very thin. Would love to see a better Vauban in the near future though and above all things that have an effect on core gameplay in hotfixes, updates when they get changed.

Another thing i m really surprised to see that they fixed (changed) this instead of Trinity Link being AOE, which is one of the hottest build atm.

Edited by Hoangviet1996

23 hours ago, Hoangviet1996 said:

To be completely honest your replies already showed me how much knowledge you have over the game and your personal IQ level. If you want to be toxic on the forum then pls find some other places to show your stupidities. Thanks & Best Regard

I think you're being a little sensitive here. The person's response to you wasn't really toxic. He made a valid point: Why on Earth SHOULD Bastille allow stealth multipliers. It isn't a stealth ability...

But if it is a bug it should be fixed eventually.

In any case, spend a little more time assessing the appropriate method of responding to people instead of resorting to low-blow character attacks. Remember the golden rule?

10 hours ago, Hoangviet1996 said:

The game does a terrible job of explaining things anyway especially how certain abilities work so i don't blame anyone. But still the line between Bug Exploit and Feature in this game as it is right now, is very thin. Would love to see a better Vauban in the near future though and above all things that have an effect on core gameplay in hotfixes, updates when they get changed.

Another thing i m really surprised to see that they fixed (changed) this instead of Trinity Link being AOE, which is one of the hottest build atm.

Vauban will likely be part of the next batch of Warframes to be reworked, alongside Trin and a couple others. He's gone for quite a while without getting touched up, and it shows, so I think they'll be glad to get their hands on him.

The way Bastille worked is that it froze the enemy state, thus if the enemy was unalerted, it remained unalerted. It was a byproduct of the ability function, much like Radial Disarm making enemies forget their objective in intercept missions; the AI of the enemy was switched over to one that didn't know what an intercept mission was.

It was fixed, because it didn't make any sense. The enemies are suspended in the air, not frozen in time, and while it makes sense to freeze their AI, it makes no sense to freeze their alert state. They should be alerted upon receiving damage from Bastille.

16 minutes ago, Kurambik said:

Just move on to a new frame yo. I hate to admit it, but Vauban is the new old-Hydroid/old-Oberon now. If you want we were lately involved in a rework discussion on the forums feel free to join:

Thanks pal, I will contribute my opinions to your vauban topic soon

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

The way Bastille worked is that it froze the enemy state, thus if the enemy was unalerted, it remained unalerted. It was a byproduct of the ability function, much like Radial Disarm making enemies forget their objective in intercept missions; the AI of the enemy was switched over to one that didn't know what an intercept mission was.

It was fixed, because it didn't make any sense. The enemies are suspended in the air, not frozen in time, and while it makes sense to freeze their AI, it makes no sense to freeze their alert state. They should be alerted upon receiving damage from Bastille.

Yeah man that was my main question from the start, "whether it is a bug or not?". And like i also said the line between bug feature and exploit in warframe is very thin. How should one know when the game itself does a terrible job at explaining things.

In my case (i play solo mostly btw) i ran an alert using Vauban and notice that his 3 gave xp bonus when enemies get killed, been using it ever since, that's why i was so curious to ask everyone around when i saw it behaved differently.

14 hours ago, EmissaryOfInfinity said:

Vauban will likely be part of the next batch of Warframes to be reworked, alongside Trin and a couple others. He's gone for quite a while without getting touched up, and it shows, so I think they'll be glad to get their hands on him.

wasn't he one of the first few frames to get polished a while back around the time excal got reworked?  Like remember his old 1 that didn't cycle through grenades?  idk compared to some other frames like Nezha I personally don't think he's that bad.

1 hour ago, LazyBlissIV said:

wasn't he one of the first few frames to get polished a while back around the time excal got reworked?  Like remember his old 1 that didn't cycle through grenades?  idk compared to some other frames like Nezha I personally don't think he's that bad.

Yes, he got reworked back when reworks were first a thing...how many years ago? Vauban definitely needs a rework. He only has two useful abilities, and they perform essentially the same function. Hell, one of the aspects of his second ability was literally kept as a joke. On top of that, he's a pure CC Frame in a game where most of the cast has some form of CC (with several Frames directly competing with him for "best" CC). The guy isn't exactly in the best place right now.

Edited by EmissaryOfInfinity