Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Idea] Forma Prime (no rank reset)

Hozinger

A primed version of forma which does not reset your Warframe or weapon rank when you install it.

Needs a regular forma to make (but doesn't take forever cuz the normal forma already does that).

Bp sold in the market for plat.

Bp is a reward for 'end-game' stuff. (Tradable would be nice but that's your call)

When you make 'significant' changes to WFs or weapons, players with that WF/weapons have the forma reset for those WF/weapons and they get primed forma equivalent to the amount of forma that's been reset.

More incentive to do 'end-game' stuff.

More money for DE (probably not much but still).

Players who invest in WF/weapons feel less like they've been screwed over after nerfs (not that I feel that way; I've don't even own Saryn).

Now tell me the reasons why this would be stupid.

We didn't get forma with any of the frame reworks (ntm with the tonkor/snoid/telos nerfs we only got 1 per, so i still got a net loss of 6 or so wasted forma).

Idea seems solid, i'd spend money/grind to get these, afterall a forma takes me 15 rounds of hydron to max out a weapon

I can see no logical reason why a game developer would deliberately add in a function that removes actual playing time from their game if it didn't bring in additional revenue.

The entire idea behind the introduction of forma was that players really liked certain weapons and playing with them more, so they would have the opportunity to make their favorite weapons even more powerful. For an appropriate investment of time and effort, you can take your favorite weapons to the desired level of power/completeness.

A forma that removed the sole cost for the benefit it provides goes beyond wanting to have your cake and eat it. A fanciful idea, but nothing more realistic than that.

If they made a forma prime, then forget about resetting weapon level, id rather it was "forma prime" by either letting you change the allignment, or just having no specific allignment and letting you use any mod polarity you like instead of having to use a specific matching polarity. I could tell you I would probably use one for the aura slot on every frame and the stance slot on a few of my weapons c.c...

3 hours ago, Hozinger said:

A primed version of forma which does not reset your Warframe or weapon rank when you install it.

Not really needed.  Currently, when a weapon or warframe is formaed the item automatically jumps to the players level.  Which leads to...

Needs a regular forma to make (but doesn't take forever cuz the normal forma already does that).

Bp sold in the market for plat.

A forma doesn't take forever.  It takes a day.  

So what you are really asking for is a player to pay plat to keep from leveling.

Leveling is the game.

Bp is a reward for 'end-game' stuff. (Tradable would be nice but that's your call)

It's not really "end game" because there are two "end game" players.

1)  Players that level everything.  They wouldn't need this because their weapons are automatically kicked up to their MR when formaed.  For example, I'm a MR25.  I've level many items where if I forma something, I can almost put the final build on it immediately.

2)  Players that have the "top four" of each items and they don't get the level fodder.  Their stuff is always leveled because it doesn't change.

Yes, I realize that's a huge overgeneralization, but my point is that "end game" players don't really need this.  New and almost new players who don't want to level items would want this.

When you make 'significant' changes to WFs or weapons, players with that WF/weapons have the forma reset for those WF/weapons and they get primed forma equivalent to the amount of forma that's been reset.

I don't see the point.

Now tell me the reasons why this would be stupid.

I don't think it's stupid.  I just think it is a meh idea.