Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor and Ferrox not working correctly with Mag's Magnetize

nickelshark

Since the latest update I have noticed that the opticor and ferrox have not been working right with Mag's Magnetize ability. Instead of the "bullets" being directed to the center of the bubble they just seem to be absorbed by it, adding to the DOT but not damaging the targets inside. It might have something to do with the fact that these weapons are hit-scan but appear to have projectiles. Here is a video demonstrating this. 

On 2018-05-21 at 5:20 AM, kusanagikyo said:

That bug happen to me to. And after this patch magnetize seem weird. Before beam weapon should add every tick of the damage to the bubble now it only add 1 tick per second to the bubble.

Same thing has been happening to me, bubble tick damage seems extremely low with continuous weapons  compared to before the patch.

Is this an intentional nerf?

Yep. Just posted about this topic and decided to do a search for it afterwards. Was unaware this also affected the Ferrox. I can't imagine this is intentional as this has been happening ever since DE changed how Magnetize absorbs bullets with the 22.20.0 Update, and everything else is fine.

Edited by 3ndbringer

• 2 weeks later...

Strangely, the patch 'fixed' the strange interaction the Panthera alt-fire had with the bubble, where you could charge it incredibly fast from any range, but only by charging the bubble and not actually redirecting the beam in.  It seems like the Ferrox and Opticor have the same thing that the old Panthera alt-fire had now.

On 2018-06-05 at 9:42 AM, Dolerhyde said:

Strangely, the patch 'fixed' the strange interaction the Panthera alt-fire had with the bubble, where you could charge it incredibly fast from any range, but only by charging the bubble and not actually redirecting the beam in.  It seems like the Ferrox and Opticor have the same thing that the old Panthera alt-fire had now.

I was just going to say this and then saw your comment. This has gone from "Bug" to "Exploit". You can lock down entire tiles with a duration+range Magnetize now by casting 2 and unloading an entire magazine with your Ferrox/Opticor into it. If DE lets this slide I will be very confused, lol.

On 2018-05-21 at 8:20 PM, kusanagikyo said:

That bug happen to me to. And after this patch magnetize seem weird. Before beam weapon should add every tick of the damage to the bubble now it only add 1 tick per second to the bubble.

Same here :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah bumping this because its really annoying that my opticor becomes effectively useless against a boss when i use my 2.

OTOH... 25% damage still works wonders for creating serious no-pass zones. But i still want to hit what I shoot dang it!