Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Khora Supposed To Be...?

20 hours ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

A cat lady with the mystical properties of healing and a whip that is also it's own entity and can make you shoot at your friends.

If that doesn't sound confusing I don't know what is.

The cat heals. Khora is all whips and chains, very bondage themed, and the cat suits the dom themeing well.

I'm surprised people are even confused about this. She's basically Allycat.

6 hours ago, DYSEQTA said:

Khora is a vanguard and superb solo frame for those who have been playing the game for a decent amount of time.

Theme? Couldn't care less. Themes don't complete missions.

I wanna' talk about this, because for some reason people are getting the idea that I'm saying her theme is ruining her gameplay. I never said that, I'm just confused as to why her theme is all over the place and her abilities are too. Not the they're a bad thing, but it just feels like these were a bunch of things DE tacked on last minute.

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

She's basically Allycat.

Who is Allycat?

Welcome to the Strangledome:
26 Grineer go in. None goes out.

Khora is a very aggressive point-defender. High range Strangledome is just badass: wide radius, excellent visibility, extremely efficient, 200% damage bonus on all sources (independent of Warframe strength). In fact, it's so aggressive you can use it perfectly for offense against bigger groups too.

A maxed Venari deals some decent damage and is rather versatile, plus: you can use your Carrier Prime along.

Btw. Khora is no ordinary MR-Fodder, she counts for double the MR-affinity as a L30 Venari gives you another 6k!

Edited by Toran

19 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I wanna' talk about this, because for some reason people are getting the idea that I'm saying her theme is ruining her gameplay. I never said that, I'm just confused as to why her theme is all over the place and her abilities are too. Not the they're a bad thing, but it just feels like these were a bunch of things DE tacked on last minute.

Theme-wise she got screwed because she was meant to have this IPS switching thing that relied on changes to how IPS works that got scrapped.

I thought it was obviously hunter Multiple abilities that prevent or impedes enemy mobility. A companion that assists you. And a whip (kinda like those lion tamers). I don't see an issue with her theme at all? Why all the metal? Well, I doubt you gonna do much with twine. Sure, her origins and initial concept may have been completely different, but I think she's fine as she is thematically and design-wise.

On the flip-side, there is a chance she'll be looked again later once they get certain systems sussed out and in place. Like how Excalibur and Vauban had their kits adjusted/changed.

В 21.05.2018 в 20:35, GinKenshin сказал:

and you need a theme because?.... 

a theme doesn't mean good abilities,

Yeah well guess what.

She has no theme and her abilities suck ***. I mean hell, she should had at leats something of two, instead she's just nothing.

Literally an mr fodder.

1 minute ago, -Temp0- said:

Yeah well guess what.

She has no theme and her abilities suck ***.

I'll have to disagree here. She doesn't completely suck. Sure, Whipclaw generic, but strong. Ensnare is quite slow and not the best at pulling enemies. Venari is an annoying mechanic due to having to double-forma, and Strangledome looks dumb when it's not connected to something. But they do work, just not the best.

She is supposed to be the Beastmaster frame what was suggested in long ago and that was a male version. They just added her to try something new and while I like her kit it is not as fun as a lot of other frames but effective. Her first can deals a lot of damage and has a good range of hit also her second is just likes ivaras sleep arrow or equinox sleep ability and ombined with the nidus second. The kavat is at least better than the normal ones because this can be revived in time and no needs eat so you can enjoy the vacuum sentinel without problem or use your other kavat to a kavat combo. Her last ability is effective to defend targets and you can summon some to the choke points so in close tiles it is an effective ability but there are others which does the job already. This is not a problem in my perspective because the playstyles are different so at least you can choose from. Most of the frame abilities are copy paste of one another but the reality is we want to use these abilities because the game design let us do this. If they release a frame without damage or cc abilities maybe everyone cry now on why there is no the liked mechanic on her. 

This is a hard job to keep a frame interesting and fan service the playerbase which whom wants the said mechanics on every frame. Just like how the newest games are copy paste and very less company tries to make new ideas because the fear of fail.

I believe Khora is supposed to be Spiderman and BlackCats love-child from the future.

Spider-esque abilities and suit. Cat-creature aficionado.

By the way, for anyone complaining about the Kavat, please stop. Venari is much better than other Kavats(and Kubrow, yeah I said it!) while needing none of the maintenance to have her perform at peak every time.

Her Damage might be the same as your average Kavat, but her health pool is 3 to 5x greater than a normal Kubrow or Kavat at the cost of having no shield, and is essentially immortal in a "Space Jesus' Cat" kinda way.

Now you might argue "No Shield is bad!" Well she has the added bonus of having 350 armor, to your Kubrow/Kavat's paltry 50, and can be upgraded with mods like any other Kavat <3

On 2018-05-21 at 7:18 PM, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

Like... I am confused here.

Every Warframe has a relatively coherent theme so far.

Ash, Ninja. Nekros, Necromancer. Excalibur, Swordsman. Limbo, Interdimensional Void Space Wizard!

And then we get to Khora, the crazy-cat-living-metal-healing-puppet-master-dominatrix-thing? You see? Limbo sounds like he makes more sense than Khora.

See DE? When you try to push for a Frame that you really want to release, you theme goes all over the place, and that's even reflected in her abilities.

Her first does damage, fair enough. Her second and fourth do essentially the same thing except one makes enemies shoot at other enemies for... what again? And her third is also her passive and on top of that it has attack mode (fair enough, it's a wild "metal" Kavat), defense mode which disarms enemies (fair enough, commanding a Kavat) and... heal mode? Since when do cats heal?

Hopefully you guys don't go off the rails with your next Warframe (it'd be easy if it's something from the Forums).

She is designed as a beastmaster, with themes of living metal woven in as well.

Her summon is a kavat, and it is able to attack, defend, and heal.

She is able to lay down traps to disable and crowd control enemies, which goes with her theme as well.

Her whip is a symbol of control, which also goes with her beastmaster theme. 

I don't see a dissonance going on here, if I'm very honest.

She follows the theme perfectly just as character from other frenchises before her.

She has the dominatrix cat lady theme going similar to Felicia Hardy and Selina Kyle, this topped off with a bit of beastmaster inspiration in her kavat companion. The living metal of her whips etc. is likely inspired slightly by perverted "S&M" horror fiction as can be seen in Clive Barker's cenobite lore.

Not really confusing imo.

13 hours ago, BulletsforTeeth said:

She's also magneto,

She is very much not Magneto. Not even Mag is Magneto. Khora can only control her own living metal, neither her or Mag can manipulate the iron in your blood like Magneto can. His name simply does not give him justice of what he can actually do.

edit: Also, if her cat lady S&M theme is confusing, then Catwoman and Black Cat are just as confusing. Because what does a cat theme have to do with S&M outfits, whips and traps?

Edited by SneakyErvin