Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Random Gen is the Way

Glothrenite

I think random generating levels is the path to victory.

So far the levels only lack variety.

What you've got is good and if you add more of this quality its all gravy!

I would like to suggest some more vertically inclined level structures. Jumping down on unsuspecting enemies is endless fun. And skills utilisation will see new 'levels' of creativity when players are forced to think laterally.

Is the engine able to support shifting directions of gravity?

Can we have some external ship stages? picture forcefully cutting through a ships hull to gain entrance.

Any chance of some open area ground missions? vegetation areas?

Moving stages? We definatly need to stop some supply Maglev Transports!! .. sorry, I feel a great need to throw/blow/kick someone off a train.

Peace

I am hoping for "staircase" elements, where you can climb towers, jump down on archways, maintenance shafts and lifting cranes, etc. Lie fighting up/down a missile silo, of sorts. Currently, the tiles feel quite planar, with elevators and some platforms in special rooms (such as the Capture tile) being the only exceptions to that.

We keep blowing up reactors (aren't these kind of essential) and escaping as though nothing happened. I know we're space ninjas, but even so...after cracking a reactor core the level should start rocking back and forth while red lights flash and sirens go off. (Pretty please...It would remind me of my first gaming love. Metroid. <3 )

Edited by Lumireaver

I think random generating levels is the path to victory.

So far the levels only lack variety.

What you've got is good and if you add more of this quality its all gravy!

I would like to suggest some more vertically inclined level structures. Jumping down on unsuspecting enemies is endless fun. And skills utilisation will see new 'levels' of creativity when players are forced to think laterally.

Is the engine able to support shifting directions of gravity?

Can we have some external ship stages? picture forcefully cutting through a ships hull to gain entrance.

Any chance of some open area ground missions? vegetation areas?

Moving stages? We definatly need to stop some supply Maglev Transports!! .. sorry, I feel a great need to throw/blow/kick someone off a train.

Peace

i think so too but it will only work at instanced mmo's

This is like the Third Thread i've read about this today. First off one of the staff guys said they're workinf on a new tileset. and im going to Paste my post from those other two.

You could make anything Proceduraly generated. You just have to think about it. Have a happy little list! Woooo!

Caves/Mines - Can be generated in a room by room basis, can have some that lead to dead ends and some that don't. With mineshafts and elevators there's no reason why they can't.

Biodomes- Esentially a city setting on other planets. Can have it made on a tile basis like the spaceships, just have blockages in the roads, essentially make some methods of travle unpassable for some reason or another. Get inventive. Have Lazer tripwire walls or somthing that you can't deactivate.

Jungles/Forests- This is still possible, the tiles will just have to be larger to accomodate the outdoorsy areas and still give it a "I'm outside and not in a leafy spaceship" feel.

Plains/Wide Open Outdoors- Less likely but still possible. They would have to impede the players visual LOS and movement ro prevent wandering into tiles that arent ment to be encountered yet. OR opperate it like the Biodome and just have one massive open space that has to be transversed. Tenno space bikes would be radical, So vehicle combat could become a possibility then.

Desert- See above! ^^^ Vibration sensitive sandworms would be fun here.

Snow/Tundra- A mix of all of the above essentially. Just changing the scenery... everything white and grey and not green/lush.

Low orbit Space- Would be awesome to have several large battleships orbiting along a planet and small tenno ships between them. So it becomes a fight In space on top of the ships. Having small enemy fighters attack and all. This is more like the open space one but the majority of open space tiles are... space... They could get crazy with the enviornment and have a space battle going on in the background and all.

On Top of water Battleships- Same as space just instead of the empty tiles being space they're water. Biggest issue is preventing players from killing things that can't get to them.

Just a few ideas. for some reason i feel like I missed a few. Let me know if you have a question about an area in particular and i'll do my best to BS some imaginative reasons to make it work. It's all in HOW the level is designed. Not what it's designed about. Some logical limitations of course, but it's the price to pay for varity.

Edited by xDaitenshi