Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka/chroma build to one shot hydrolyst limbs

(XBOX)deathopz123

Question

Just wondering what I should build my lanka like to be able to one shot limbs.

Also how to build chroma for the task I want to accomplish. 

*Need mod builds* not how to build as in the bps ...

How to mod my lanka and my chroma to one shot the eidolon limbs.

Edited by (XB1)deathopz123

19 answers to this question

Lanka: Serration, Split chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Vigilante Armaments, Hellfire, Stormbringer, and a Riven if you have one, or Primed Shred/Speed Trigger if you don't.

Chroma: first Strength, then Duration. Also Armor and Health. If you have room, add some Efficiency.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

3 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Lanka: Serration, Split chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Vigilante Armaments, Hellfire, Stormbringer, and a Riven if you have one, or Primed Shred/Speed Trigger if you don't.

Chroma: first Strength, then Duration. Also Armor and Health. If you have room, add some Efficiency.

Serration is a waste of mod slots as its damage increase is nothing on top of chroma's buff. I tested it. This build works better.

http://prntscr.com/jkt8s4

Some thoughts, in no particular order:

1. I don't agree that Serration is useless on theLanka. Yes, Vex Armor's damage bonus is much larger, but the additive nature of the bonuses means that adding in a Serration will still be another 16-18% damage.

Now, to be fair, I do see why someone might not want to use Serration with Chroma, and they wouldn't be wrong. I'm mainly taking exception to the implication that Chroma makes Serration completely useless, as that's not what happens. It's significantly less useful, sure, but not completely useless.

2. Frankly, the only reason anyone should ever use Primed Shred for the Fire Rate boost is because you need the Punch Through. Otherwise, you should always be using Vile Acceleration. The reasoning for this is pretty simple: Warframe avoids a lot of Power Creep by using additive bonuses and penalties. Vile Acceleration's damage penalty is therefore factored in at the same point as all your bonuses, so it's a penalty that really does so little that it's not worth worrying about. In fact, on it's own, Vile Acceleration results in an overall DPS boost of 61.5%, even with the damage penalty.

3. Not terribly relevant to this thread, I suppose, but I don't really get the obsession with one-shotting Eidolon limbs. Yay efficiency, I suppose, but in my Eidolon runs, we've never had any problems with breaking the limbs because we coordinate so we're working on the same limb.

Hi
me too use Chroma for eidolon hunt; i never tried to go past teralyst, but of course the ability to easily kill the "little brother" of the massive eidolon is something who grab my interest too :)
(because in the future i can also go for other eidolon, and because if you can kill 4-5 teralyst in one night is a better time management than killing 0-1...)

I used to use the Arca Plasmor and this build for Chroma; https://i.imgur.com/OyJN4m0.jpg
Then someone advised me to go for sniper and i did some change; at the moment i can't see what's my chroma build but if i remember correctly is not really different (one for sure: arcane momentum in lieu of arcane tempo). Probably i added a bit more efficiency, but not really sure about it. Zenurik focus and the continuous use of operator's void dash really help in accumulating enough energy for cast vex armor a couple time even with cost increase.

At the moment i use Vectis but i'm leveling (again) a Lanka so i'll use it in the future. Not really got a good build, but i'm lurking this thread so i guess i can get some nice advices about it :)

But i'm not really sure about how Vex Armor work...
when eidolon shield goes down i hit vex armor then throw an orvius at my feet (1)
then i see the icon on top, sometime it says "630%", sometime "740%". One time it was over 900% and sometime it goes only 340%... so...
how did the damage increase? i never one shotted the synovia, but i was sometime able (with vectis) to put 20k damage on red crit; sometime i get less than 1000 (on yellow crit)... what's the reason for those differencies?

(1) orvius is not a good choice: it does too much damage 😐 if i got less than 650 health remaining i just kill myself. Besides i'm building Hikou and yesterday (finally!) i got Concealed Explosive so i can try a different weapon to better control my self damage.

Edited by Kelpie77
i posted a wrong build, that's correct now

3 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

Hi
me too use Chroma for eidolon hunt; i never tried to go past teralyst, but of course the ability to easily kill the "little brother" of the massive eidolon is something who grab my interest too 🙂
(because in the future i can also go for other eidolon, and because if you can kill 4-5 teralyst in one night is a better time management than killing 0-1...)

I used to use the Arca Plasmor and this build for Chroma; https://i.imgur.com/derCzyQ.jpg
Then someone advised me to go for sniper and i did some change; at the moment i can't see what's my chroma build but if i remember correctly is not really different (one for sure: arcane momentum in lieu of arcane tempo). Pretty sure i removed Hunter Adrenaline, probably for a bit more efficiency, but not really sure about it. Zenurik focus and the continuous use of operator's void dash really help in accumulating enough energy for cast vex armor a couple time even with cost increase.

At the moment i use Vectis but i'm leveling (again) a Lanka so i'll use it in the future. Not really got a good build, but i'm lurking this thread so i guess i can get some nice advices about it 🙂

But i'm not really sure about how Vex Armor work...
when eidolon shield goes down i hit vex armor then throw an orvius at my feet (1)
then i see the icon on top, sometime it says "630%", sometime "740%". One time it was over 900% and sometime it goes only 340%... so...
how did the damage increase? i never one shotted the synovia, but i was sometime able (with vectis) to put 20k damage on red crit; sometime i get less than 1000 (on yellow crit)... what's the reason for those differencies?

(1) orvius is not a good choice: it does too much damage 😐 if i got less than 650 health remaining i just kill myself. Besides i'm building Hikou and yesterday (finally!) i got Concealed Explosive so i can try a different weapon to better control my self damage.

use toxin damage to hit directly your health, there is a Max % of vex depending on your power strength know the number so you always on max, Lanka go for crit, multi shot, and radiation. Remember zoom on Lanka will x crit chance so use 3x zoom.

2 hours ago, -Shadowmist- said:

16-18% damage bonus from serration is horrible. You can get a crit damage mod, or charged chamber, or vigilante armaments in for more multishot and the outcome will be way better.

To be fair, I never said that every build should have Serration, and I never said there weren't better options. I just don't think that 16-18% is nothing. This is especially important to me because I don't have a Chroma, nor do my friends, so we don't have the benefit of roughly 900% extra damage on demand. And we don't like PUGs in any game. As I said, I fully understand people leaving out Serration. I'm just saying that if you've used everything else, Serration is still giving you something. Your post made it seem like Serration was providing nothing at all when used with Chroma.

Also, just to be safe, the 16-18% is in comparison to a max Power Strength Vex Armor. If you don't have a Chroma on your team, you'll get a lot more than 16-18% damage from Serration.

sorry, this is my almost-latest build: https://i.imgur.com/OyJN4m0.jpg
the one i posted before was very old

Also, just to be safe, the 16-18% is in comparison to a max Power Strength Vex Armor. If you don't have a Chroma on your team, you'll get a lot more than 16-18% damage from Serration.

Sorry there's something i did'nt get... why you says serration give only 16-18% in comparison to vex armor?
serration bonus is'nt added to vex armor bonus as usual? (so if vex armor give 900% damage, with serration it becomes 1065%)?

Edited by Kelpie77

10 minutes ago, Kelpie77 said:

sorry, this is my almost-latest build: https://i.imgur.com/OyJN4m0.jpg
the one i posted before was very old

Sorry there's something i did'nt get... why you says serration give only 16-18% in comparison to vex armor?
serration bonus is'nt added to vex armor bonus as usual? (so if vex armor give 900% damage, with serration it becomes 1065%)?

Max Power Strength Vex Armor gives 889.25% damage bonus according to the Wiki. Take 165 (Serration) and divide it by 889.25 (Vex Armor), and you get 0.185. Convert that to a Percentage, and it's 18.5%. The 16% is if Energy Conversion is boosting your Power Strength: 165 ÷ 1026.75 = 0.160, which converts to 16.0%.

1 hour ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

Max Power Strength Vex Armor gives 889.25% damage bonus according to the Wiki. Take 165 (Serration) and divide it by 889.25 (Vex Armor), and you get 0.185. Convert that to a Percentage, and it's 18.5%. The 16% is if Energy Conversion is boosting your Power Strength: 165 ÷ 1026.75 = 0.160, which converts to 16.0%.

Ah. Ok. I get it...
you did'nt says it give you +18% damage to the weapon, you mean it vex armor + serration give only 18% more damage than just vex armor. Ok, now the math make sense :)

20 hours ago, -Shadowmist- said:

Serration is a waste of mod slots as its damage increase is nothing on top of chroma's buff. I tested it. This build works better.

http://prntscr.com/jkt8s4

I went yesterday after work to try this build guess what we did 2x tricap this build is godly I just need a better riven with cc cd and a -that don't mess wit the gun too much rn I got cc cold and electric riven on it I wasn't 1 shotting unless behind volt shield or cat crit, but all in all this build works great I have my chroma build at 808% fury just need transient to be maxed and I am max str.

22 hours ago, (XB1)D34thst41ker said:

To be fair, I never said that every build should have Serration, and I never said there weren't better options. I just don't think that 16-18% is nothing. This is especially important to me because I don't have a Chroma, nor do my friends, so we don't have the benefit of roughly 900% extra damage on demand. And we don't like PUGs in any game. As I said, I fully understand people leaving out Serration. I'm just saying that if you've used everything else, Serration is still giving you something. Your post made it seem like Serration was providing nothing at all when used with Chroma.

Serration is good for non chroma builds... But if you're playing chroma, vigilante armaments, hammer shot or charged chamber will give a much better boost than the 16% from serration. Vigilante armaments is a chance for orange/red crits and a chance for another shot. Hammer shot enhances the damage as crit affects damage after mods and buffs. Charged chamber's 40% buff affects after mods and buffs too.

On 2018-05-22 at 7:58 AM, -Shadowmist- said:

16-18% damage bonus from serration is horrible. You can get a crit damage mod, or charged chamber, or vigilante armaments in for more multishot and the outcome will be way better.

Which alternative you mentioned is A LOT better than serration, meaning like 100% more dmg after Chroma, multi etc... charged chamber is 40% for the first shot and we are talking about Lanka here... Maybe Im missing something.