Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don't understand the building function

Wantes

If i had to speak my mind i would just swear a lot, like really a lot.

I did some decoration for my dojo and learned the hard way that building isn't as easy as before. Placing something the way you want it is as easy as going to hell and comming back without a scratch.
EVERY time i place something and want to move it like 2cm to the left or right, the item i picked just flip in a weird angle and i have to redo it all !!
Not even speaking of the depth estimation, how many time i was like " YES finally made it the way i want !" just to see it isn't aligned with all the other things and is 5 meter away. After picking it, it's gone in a weird angle again.

I tried to check why it was doing that and it seems that it depend of your orientation compared to the item you picked. BUT, if i pick an item from where i am it's BECAUSE i want to pick it from where i am, no need to just make the object do a 90° angle !!
Seriously just placing 3 objects aligned was a real pain and i REALLY wanted to punch something really hard after placing them.

"All those complain but no solution" i see it comming from miles away, i know that i don't propose solution, but pointing out what is really frustrating is the first step to solving the problem.
To all the people who took the time to read my complain thanks and please teach me the way to finally place objects like i want.

While I agree that the current state is in need of some QoL for the tool, I think we are going to see many changes in the coming weeks. Each time they add something this substantial they include minor adjustments over time that really work well overall. Such as orbiter decoration, simulacrum, captura and many more.
I agree 100% it needs help but I do not for a second think there aren't even now incoming adjustments for QoL changes. Just gotta wait 🙂

il y a 3 minutes, Inspector a dit :

While I agree that the current state is in need of some QoL for the tool, I think we are going to see many changes in the coming weeks. Each time they add something this substantial they include minor adjustments over time that really work well overall. Such as orbiter decoration, simulacrum, captura and many more.
I agree 100% it needs help but I do not for a second think there aren't even now incoming adjustments for QoL changes. Just gotta wait 🙂

That is true, and i wish for it sooner than later, but if you have any advices or tips in order to make my build plan less of a torture, then it would help a lot 🙂 

il y a 3 minutes, Nytrax a dit :

Try pressing F after you pick something up then press Esc to return it to its position and then pick it up again. Now it should not move to a weird angle.

It works ! i'm really grateful to you ! 

Edited by Wantes

And now it does't allow me to place objects  where i want 😕
placing it close to where it was is impossible for some reason and i have to try weird things to place it close to where it were.
Like i can't place two boundary trap rectangle next to each other, and some other times i can

Is there rules as to why i can't place object at certain places ?

Edited by Wantes
gave an example