Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else see how absurd these recent debates have been?

• Trinity is a healing/support frame which should be a very clear role but people want to use her as a self cutting emo kamikaze bomber?
  • Saryn already got "nerfed" already and she became a spore spreading monster. I can't imagine what kind of monster she'll become next when she still has all the best procs in her kit.
  • Mag is bordering on OP right now between being able to disable every enemy with a spammable ability, ripping off their armor, and being able to nuke single targets or displace entire groups of enemies with a single move. She's not weak by any means.
  • DE have been able to gauge meta builds for years with endless survival. Why is Onslaught somehow the latest scapegoat?
  • Unpopular opinion but Ember is in a good place ability-wise. It's her fire procs that need rework if her abilities are unreliable on their own. Like what is the major advantage there to use anything besides viral/radiation or corrosive on any elemental builds? Isn't that the major issue? Unreliable systems not being touched upon or expanded?
  • If you called someone a ***** in chat that's probably why you got banned.
  • If Chroma is a pure tank why are half his abilities and his passive caster types? This loops back into elements being an issue in the game not necessarily powers themselves.
  • Melee has several different types of mods that are flat out useless in their current iteration and you think only range abuse is the only reason for it's rework? When have you ever built for parries?
  • Everyone has seen the spooky ghost or spooky load screen. No one cares anymore.
  • Rivens are supposed to be random

Am I missing anything? /rant

Welcome to meta madness where every role is made up and the mods dont matter

• people are going to complain about anything no matter what happens to it buff, nerf, rework, a hair on your operators head gets touched, and people will complain its not fair or fun 

Image result for sneaking moa warframe

have a moa and hope to stupid people go away 

I think all the complaints have some basis. But that's due in part to the game just having so many systems and content additions to the game that they haven't been kept up to date nor has DE tried perfecting them.

Also I think you missed the "X qol mod shouldn't be a mod, it should just be" (see vacuum, speed holster, certain augment mods). Even though having trade offs is kind of what makes build diversity a thing.

Isn't this just a meta-complaint (complaining about the complaining)? 🤔

I think people can overreact (change is hard), but a good bit of people tend to bring up good points on some of the topics like Ember, Mag and Rivens.

In the case of rivens: some RNG is fine, but pure RNG on something that's meant as an act of balance is disturbing.

The Division, Diablo and other loot based games show that there's merit to some influence over the RNG.

Not to mention player investment and effort isn't being rewarded (this is my biggest issue). Doesn't matter if someone rolls a riven 100 times, I could get better stats on an unroll with how the system works.

So while I disagree with some of the anti-change posts, I think there are a lot of valid points being swept under a comfort blanket

1 hour ago, Sunrisefire said:

The most Absurd one i was one asking for rework and nerfing not on frames but the total energy system. the energy system is perfect. its just the frames that needs tweaking.

I was thinking of pitching an idea about overcharged abilities and diminishing gains. Basically you can build an uber powerful cast from using lesser abilities but overuse would see less effects. Basically Maim for everyone or at least the idea behind it. Haven't scanned the forums for similar ideas but I'm sure there's a few.

40 minutes ago, Synpai said:

It was more about addressing several concerns and giving myself a soapbox to stand on. Then there's the alternative, which was starting a thread on every individual point which seemed wasteful. A refocus is necessary in my opinion. People need veggies in their diet.

More ranting!

• Explosives needs a rework. It's the most obvious case of players finding a workaround just to get it to work right. I use Penta which is supposed to be self-detonated rounds and they still randomly blow up in my face. Those nuke-whatever build threads have some merit not because it's some exploit but because it's the only way to use those weapons without dying.
  • Grindiness in new gamemodes and lack of real rewards is a perspective issue. Every time DE introduces something new they need to pretend it was always there. For people that were always here it becomes the main focus as they've already consumed everything else but for everyone else it's just an anchor point for that content.
  • Why is CC and basically hiding put on such a high priority on high level content? Isn't it self-defeating to prioritize that over functional content? Being able to whip people through walls make sense in that context but is only deflecting the real issue which is you can't engage in face-to-face combat without dying pathetically without a gimmick.
  • If the game can barely support 4 players why are people so adamant about bringing back a mode that has to suffer through twice that?
  • If there was a kick button I would kick you for no reason. That's the best reason why there's no kick button.

I know, it is just absurd to think that people would think things like the original post say. 

Wait, you believe those statements? I disagree with quite a few of them, you know what we should do to straighten things out... have a debate. 

Most of the times I'm more concerned about the generalized lack of knowledge on the search function, that every forum have always had. Hence the numbers of repeated threads, over and over. Specially for "founder gears back" and "hey kiddo" threads.

3 hours ago, Synpai said:

It is.

4 hours ago, seprent said:

have a moa and hope to stupid people go away

Warframe positive feedback loop

Warframe is dumbed down > More stupid people come to play a stupid game > Stupid people demand more stupid things > Warframe is dumbed down (again) 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:
  • Trinity is a healing/support frame which should be a very clear role but people want to use her as a self cutting emo kamikaze bomber?
  • Saryn already got "nerfed" already and she became a spore spreading monster. I can't imagine what kind of monster she'll become next when she still has all the best procs in her kit.
  • Mag is bordering on OP right now between being able to disable every enemy with a spammable ability, ripping off their armor, and being able to nuke single targets or displace entire groups of enemies with a single move. She's not weak by any means.
  • DE have been able to gauge meta builds for years with endless survival. Why is Onslaught somehow the latest scapegoat?
  • Unpopular opinion but Ember is in a good place ability-wise. It's her fire procs that need rework if her abilities are unreliable on their own. Like what is the major advantage there to use anything besides viral/radiation or corrosive on any elemental builds? Isn't that the major issue? Unreliable systems not being touched upon or expanded?
  • If you called someone a ***** in chat that's probably why you got banned.
  • If Chroma is a pure tank why are half his abilities and his passive caster types? This loops back into elements being an issue in the game not necessarily powers themselves.
  • Melee has several different types of mods that are flat out useless in their current iteration and you think only range abuse is the only reason for it's rework? When have you ever built for parries?
  • Everyone has seen the spooky ghost or spooky load screen. No one cares anymore.
  • Rivens are supposed to be random

Am I missing anything? /rant

Nope, sounds about right! lol  Glad I'm not alone in shaking my head at the forums as of late.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

More ranting!

• Explosives needs a rework. It's the most obvious case of players finding a workaround just to get it to work right. I use Penta which is supposed to be self-detonated rounds and they still randomly blow up in my face. Those nuke-whatever build threads have some merit not because it's some exploit but because it's the only way to use those weapons without dying.
  • Grindiness in new gamemodes and lack of real rewards is a perspective issue. Every time DE introduces something new they need to pretend it was always there. For people that were always here it becomes the main focus as they've already consumed everything else but for everyone else it's just an anchor point for that content.
  • Why is CC and basically hiding put on such a high priority on high level content? Isn't it self-defeating to prioritize that over functional content? Being able to whip people through walls make sense in that context but is only deflecting the real issue which is you can't engage in face-to-face combat without dying pathetically without a gimmick.
  • If the game can barely support 4 players why are people so adamant about bringing back a mode that has to suffer through twice that?
  • If there was a kick button I would kick you for no reason. That's the best reason why there's no kick button.

You're my new favorite Tenno. lol

I can let a lot of the complaints go like fine whatever but wtf with this weird paranoia about onslaught being there to nerf everyone's precious meta builds? Like how is this gaining any traction? Meta stuff becomes way obvious in any game mode.

It surprises me to no end that despite DE being as honest and open they are about just about everything that quite a few people seem to think they're lying about X or just  cloak and dagger killingalllll the fun stuff to make people somehow pay money it's just...It boggles the mind.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

I can let a lot of the complaints go like fine whatever but wtf with this weird paranoia about onslaught being there to nerf everyone's precious meta builds? Like how is this gaining any traction? Meta stuff becomes way obvious in any game mode.

It surprises me to no end that despite DE being as honest and open they are about just about everything that quite a few people seem to think they're lying about X or just  cloak and dagger killingalllll the fun stuff to make people somehow pay money it's just...It boggles the mind.

I hear ya O_O  It's almost physically painful to try and understand these complaints.  I don't get how they get from their A to B.  Maybe Vey Hek was right about our "Tin (Hats) Skulls" 😮

1 hour ago, Volinus7 said:

Warframe positive feedback loop

Warframe is dumbed down > More stupid people come to play a stupid game > Stupid people demand more stupid things > Warframe is dumbed down (again) 

pretty much at-least in the events of 1 2 3 4 you get at-least some trash fires to watch like the latest sayrn/melee rework i cant think of anything that fits this got damn dark souls cycle of repetitive S#&$ty entitled behavior and S#&$tier attitude

De says "were doing a thing" the player-base #*!%ing explodes thinking "DE is trying to cloak and dagger all our fun reeeee post your angry blatantly OP stupid reworks i can do stuff better DE posted all over the forums" and people get really angry and *people make S#&$ty hyperbole arguments based on their own madness* that in turn make the hate storm worse and then starts hate trains against DE *Thing DE did drops* every thing turns out to be not that bad or dare i say amazing they do some hot fixes and tweaks things simmer down time passes DE says "hey were going do another thing" OH LOOK WERE BACK WHERE WE #*!%ING STARTED SOMEONE GET THE CHOSEN UNDEAD FOR THIS S#&$ BECAUSE IM ON NEW GAME +++++ OF THIS S#&$ 

oh and whats region chat doing? making fun of all the doomsday Sayers and a good time is generally had You know a games community is freaking unique while the forums burn to the god damn ground actual in game you got you know ACTUAL sense holding people to talk to and things move on like no care in the world could be had sure some people talk about it but their normally discussing how to adapt to it or work around it or asking legit questions that sadly get buried in all the screeching from when the forums crash and all the cry babies log in to cry then all sense having discussion stops and the kickbot gets a field day with a flame thrower

FFFFUUUUCK I FEEL BETTER NOW i have had that built up since the sayrn rework was posted and little vents weren't helping like they used too fear one day im just gonna snap and finally lose all the screws that aren't already loose in my head

Even more absurd is the mods being so quick to shut down anything controversial.

We're on a Forum. A place where people discuss and talk about things. But if it looks like it's making their job hard? "Nope. Shut down."