Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Compelling Argument for Universal Vacuum

Azimbee

I was in the shower this morning where I get most of my 'interesting' ideas. Among the list of wonderful mysteries about the universe, such as where it's expanding, why are we here, and why don't I have a job; another question occurred to me that has an equally unfathomable answer to it.

Why do we not have universal vacuum yet?

I nearly dropped my floral scented soap as the question hit me harder than the reality of my life did up until that point. So I started thinking and letting my thoughts get carried down the river of flowing water from the shower head to the drain. I think at some point my thoughts went down there too, since it went into dark and dreaded places. The realization of why we don't have universal vacuum may make you hopeless initially. I certainly was.

However, I was familiar with that hopeless and dreadful feeling since I encounter it on the regular daily and have grown accustomed to it. Becoming one with it I found a gem of hope within the dying embers of what remains of rose tinted glasses before polishing jade with a sandblaster.

Warframe is a Sci-fi and a sci-fantasy game. Both these genres tend to clash tonally in one area. Marvel and awe and what constitutes as mundane.

Sci-fi will approach fantastical things as if they were mundane. Things like 3d printers that instantly create for you are seen as something that has long since lost its novelty in-universe. Meanwhile, Sci-Fantasy continues to instill a sense of wonder to its inhabitants with things that are clearly fantastical in nature to us as the audience.

In a world where we have energy weapons, a technoplague, and ships that can fly through folds in the fabric of space and time itself where does a universal vacuum fit in?

In short, the idea of something that is not fantastical being made mundane and easily accessible just doesn't work in this situation. In  universe universal vacuum would not be a mundanity that would be fantastical to us as the audience. It's just a convenience that should exist in the setting, that would be as mundane to us as it would be regarded by the in-universe inhabitants.

And this isn't DE's fault. It's this society's fault. With everything at our fingertips, we have grown to see conconvenience as something to take for granted. We become vexed with having to wait a minute, or even a second longer, than we expect for a webpage to load. Not everyone is like this but it's worth noting this makes the majority of people in the developed countires that'd have access to internet to be able to play Warframe.

However, do not despair for I know how to make the convenience of a universal vacuum not only majestic to us but majestic to everyone working at DE. We have a tool to fight back. This is a call to action.

Let us scramble all the work spaces. Move everything everyone would ever need for their work beyond 4 meters of where they're expected to work.

Surely there's people within DE that would know how to do this, and everyone reading this too. We can instill in ourselves a love for convenience again. When we have to get up to get something critical to our function because it's always beyond 4 meters away. Every single thing. Not a single thing shall be within arm's reach for the entire day!

Surely then, the prospect of a universal vacuum would seem magical to everyone. We'd look at our glorified floating roombas in game and wish we had one in real life.

Thank for your time in reading this. I live for this sort of thing a bit more than I should.

Edited by TheLegendTamer
critical typo

5 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

Perhaps I my brain is not prepared for this read this early. But I fail to see a purpose for this thread? is this just a ramble?

No, it's not a Roomba, I mean ramble. It's not a ramble.

I am surprised with what you have managed to capture in this forum, you speak with a truth that goes deep into existence.
the universal vacuum can be a fact for all sentinels, without wanting it and only if all they do is free us a space.

Just now, TheLegendTamer said:

No, it's not a Roomba, I mean ramble. It's not a ramble.

if it is not a Roomb-Ramble, then what is it? I keep reading it, and sounds vaguely mental. Where do I buy that floral soap? or maybe paraphrase so that simpler brains like me can understand it, please?

Vacuum is a convenience mod. Convenience is neither mandatory, necessary, nor essential as the tools for work you describe in your post are.

This post is neither compelling nor concise. Remove superfluous descriptive text and your post will be less of a ramble.

4 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

if it is not a Roomb-Ramble, then what is it? I keep reading it, and sounds vaguely mental. Where do I buy that floral soap? or maybe paraphrase so that simpler brains like me can understand it, please?

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

Vacuum is a convenience mod. Convenience is neither mandatory, necessary, nor essential as the tools for work you describe in your post are.

This post is neither compelling nor concise. Remove superfluous descriptive text and your post will be less of a ramble.

Doing so would defeat my original intent with this post. Besides, that'd make things more convenient.

I'm willing to concede that convenience is neither mandatory nor necessary.

A new player not having/ knowing about Vacuum increases the likelyhood that they'll run past materials they need without knowing it, miss mods and end up with less credits overall. In turn, this increases the chances of said player blowing platinum on something stupid like a High Roller Credit Bundle or a single neurode. That's why we'll never have a toggleable universal vacuum, even though there is literally no sane argument against it.

1 hour ago, VadiseReikaz said:

You need a RAM/CPU upgrade =P

1 hour ago, (XB1)RPColten said:

It's a convenience mod yeah but the problem is that when vacuum was only on carrier, around 90% of people used carrier. And now that vacuum can be on all sentinels, barely anyone uses pets. When one mod skews the usage this much it's a problem. Yeah it's a convenience mod but most of the playerbase never want to be without it.

This means barely anyone uses kavats or kubrows, and when pet moas come out barely anyone will use them either.

I personally only use a smeeta kavat (because double affinity and resources is too useful) so never have vacuum and don't feel like I need it. But I can't think of an argument not to have a universal vacuum, it wouldn't have any disadvantages that I can think of.

Vacuum wastes a ton of energy orbs and ammo. I don't want it on all the time. If it existed in real life, and I felt like eating, say...a banana from the kitchen, the vacuum would suck in ALL the bananas. That would be annoying, because then I'd have to put most of them back.

Also, if you don't have a job, one recommendation I can make to increase your chances of getting one is to not call your own arguments compelling during an interview, and especially don't put it on your resume or cover letter.

42 minutes ago, seprent said:

just gonna put this here early before any form of hail storm starts imma go look at sneaking moas

I gotta say i agree with him that how this attitude is not helping at all but i gotta say that i waited till the end of the video for him to start talking a the other side of this argument the anti-vacuum guys coming up with the same useless arguments.

We also know that Scott is against universal vacuum and doesnt want to change his stance at all, this is the thing that gives ground to the argument that says "DE doesnt want to give it to us".

Sidenote: Wanna share where you can see sneaking moas?

41 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

I gotta say i agree with him that how this attitude is not helping at all but i gotta say that i waited till the end of the video for him to start talking a the other side of this argument the anti-vacuum guys coming up with the same useless arguments.

We also know that Scott is against universal vacuum and doesnt want to change his stance at all, this is the thing that gives ground to the argument that says "DE doesnt want to give it to us".

Sidenote: Wanna share where you can see sneaking moas?

Image result for sneaking moa warframe

Get the moa specture BP build it throw one down in a non hostile area crouch and move away he will follow

Edited by seprent