Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.4

[DE]Megan

Just now, Hecking_Birb said:

DE cares. They're just not that good at updates. To say they don't care is an insult really, considering how the company nearly bankrupted itself trying to make this game. They're releasing updates and bugfixes at a rate I haven't seen done in most, if not any games, and they do genuinely seem to be listening to feedback. They know their community creators by name and regularly interact, you can't call that "Not caring".

No. I really kept DE side for a long time but recent updates made me really upset.

- Im not a controller user but I see the problem with new system for controllers and DE dont want to give a choice for anyone. Everyone must use one system.

- Saryn rework was ment to repair AFK gameplay but I never afk-gameplayed on Saryn! I really do not like new changes. Saryn was good before. And im not telling this from damage or something. I just want to recast spores. But noone cares.

- New decoration system... i dont like it. And can i choose to use old one? No, cuz noone cares.

- Would I be able to choose UI i want in the future UI update? I dont mean scheme but old one or new one. Obv not.

- Raids. I do not play them and do not played them but again DE just smashed players with "No"

IF DE continue to du such changes... I just dont know i love the game but im getting more and more upset by every update.

I’m so confused, anyone could have quickly scrolled through the replies on the previous hotfix update and seen that every person who said anything about controllers did not like/approve of the simulated cursor or disabling the d-pad in menus and your solution was “oh give them d-pad in the markets that should be good enough” are you serious? I’m not joking when I say that controllers with this emulated mouse, no dpad in menus, and the inability to remap the ability menu are broken. Please just give us the OPTION to use this “experimental” controller mode it’s seriously TERRIBLE. Not only that but to blatantly ignore the please of at least half the people that replied on that post is just stupid. People who use controllers don’t want to be forced to use a fake mouse, if I wanted that I would have booted up xpadder and mapped my joystick to mouse and keyboard controls, the fact that this “feature” is still being forced on the controller players is just asinine and really a reflection of how much the devs care about their player base. 

Couldn't get anyone to take that on...

Tweaked how Assassination Targets spawn in Assassinate Bounties to fix recurring issues of failed Bounties due to the Target not spawning. The Bounty will now attempt to procure a spawn location for the Target for 30 seconds, and if it fails, the Bounty will successfully advance. Geometry and split-second timing play into factor here, and failing a Bounty due to unavoidable situations does not grant Konzu his early lunch!

Early lunch for Konzu!

Also I appreciate the fix to the broken Relic screen too. Sho-lah.

"Improved velocity and friction of small UI button targeting with a controller"

Did this do anything for anyone else??? I still am having a hard time targeting even big menu buttons with the controller... O well back to PS4 again today, this marks over a week since I have been able to play PC for fun with a controller... This is just getting sad at this point... =( 

1 minute ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

No. I really kept DE side for a long time but recent updates made me really upset.

- Im not a controller user but I see the problem with new system for controllers and DE dont want to give a choice for anyone. Everyone must use one system.

- Saryn rework was ment to repair AFK gameplay but I never afk-gameplayed on Saryn! I really do not like new changes. Saryn was good before. And im not telling this from damage or something. I just want to recast spores. But noone cares.

- New decoration system... i dont like it. And can i choose to use old one? No, cuz noone cares.

- Would I be able to choose UI i want in the future UI update? I dont mean scheme but old one or new one. Obv not.

- Raids. I do not play them and do not played them but again DE just smashed players with "No"

IF DE continue to du such changes... I just dont know i love the game but im getting more and more upset by every update.

They're working on controllers, just keep telling them that you prefer "the old way" and they'll be listening.

Recasting spores would be a nice addition, yeah, but it'd just make her even more powerful.

They do have an issue with not allowing the use of old systems, but again, just keep saying it. Saying things like "DE doesn't care" doesn't help anyone, it just makes you look rude.

I believe I remember being able to choose UIs. Not sure.

Raids were lovely, and them going is certainly sad, but perhaps they just didn't think it fit in. Sometimes a game developer has to make changes for future players, y'know?

Enjoy the game for what you can. Mess around with dumb stuff. That's what I do, and I've been loving it. Harrow with an akstiletto w/ riven is glorious.

Keep your head up.

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Improved AI navigation in the Grineer Shipyard tileset.

Stand by while I analyze the intelligence profile of the Grineer. Error, not a number!

Toobad the peculiar mod is tradable tho..:( But thanks for the update and all fixes! 

22 minutes ago, CuteFoxyFox said:

DE doesn't care obv.

I liked old decorating system and DE took it away with no chance of choosing. Same with reworks same with controllers and same with UI.

DE: Let's just make changes noone asked for and hope everyone will be happy

They don’t even “hope” anyone will be happy, they’re just nonsensically changing stuff for no reason, “oh the controllers are working pretty well just a few bugs to iron out? #*!% IT. CHANGE THE WHOLE DAMN THING WOOOOOOO!!!!” “ HEY YOU HEAR THIS BANGING FOREST CONGO DRUM BEAT?!?! YAH FORCE THEM TO LISTEN TO IT BEFORE EVERY MISSION WOOO!!!” “ the players are angry and would like the choice to disable the new controller mode and the banging forest Congo beat you say? Well let’s give them dpad support in the market but only the market and turn down the forest Congo beat a scotch, that should please them juuuuusttt fine” 

Give a option for Controller to work as mouse when hacking Corpus Type Consoles.. Not the default Controller without arrow or use of secondary or attack button..

Give a option for no Controller support.. (Keyboard/Mouse -> Controller Emulation Programs work better)  

1 hour ago, Renjykk said:

So why has it been almost a week and yet still no fix for the fact that fishing is flat out broken right now? All fishing loot disappears magically when you return to Cetus. Ever since 22.20.3. I just tested it now, and it still happens. You can't do any of Hai-Luk's fishing services.

EDIT: GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! The source of the bug is this: Turn off "Sellable Only" In your INVENTORY and that will fix it. Stupid, I know. Such is coding.

Good on you for actively finding the culprit and letting fellow Tenno know!

Thanks to your report we have a fix incoming for the next Hotfix/Update this week.

16 minutes ago, Rembyx said:

I’m so confused, anyone could have quickly scrolled through the replies on the previous hotfix update and seen that every person who said anything about controllers did not like/approve of the simulated cursor or disabling the d-pad in menus and your solution was “oh give them d-pad in the markets that should be good enough” are you serious? I’m not joking when I say that controllers with this emulated mouse, no dpad in menus, and the inability to remap the ability menu are broken. Please just give us the OPTION to use this “experimental” controller mode it’s seriously TERRIBLE. Not only that but to blatantly ignore the please of at least half the people that replied on that post is just stupid. People who use controllers don’t want to be forced to use a fake mouse, if I wanted that I would have booted up xpadder and mapped my joystick to mouse and keyboard controls, the fact that this “feature” is still being forced on the controller players is just asinine and really a reflection of how much the devs care about their player base. 

“They ran their heads very hard against wrong ideas, and persisted in trying to fit the circumstances to the ideas instead of trying to extract ideas from the circumstances.”
― Charles $&*^ens

"Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice."
Proverbs 13:10

I think whoever is whoever is in charge of implementing the controller support (or lack of support, in this case) should ruminate on these two quotes.

Because it seems like they think if they ignore the dissent we'll just magically accept terrible control schemes.

Heed the advice of almost every controller-user posting so far:  We don't want the 'virtual cursor'.  The control was fine before you screwed it up.  Stop ignoring what everyone is saying.  How about you acknowledge it in some way instead of just staying silent and hoping the complaints stop.

That new Grineer shipyard tile set paired with Infested=Everything getting stuck on everything...Ancients getting stuck on stairs, boxes, inside spawn rooms...more spawn points are hampered by the major map clutter. Only thing that doesn't get stuck on the environment are the little meatball guys.

41 minutes ago, Grimmstyler said:

Give a option for Controller to work as mouse when hacking Corpus Type Consoles.. Not the default Controller without arrow or use of secondary or attack button..

Give a option for no Controller support.. (Keyboard/Mouse -> Controller Emulation Programs work better)  

I appreciate this sarcasm, but I'm genuinely afraid DE will think you're serious.

Archived