Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reverse Minelayer/Quiver to Match Khora

Zandermanith222

Could Vauban's Minelayer and Ivara's Quiver have their hold/tap functionality switched to match Khora's Venari? Hold to switch modes, tap to use.

I've never understood why it was thought that it should be quicker to swap modes than to actually use said mode. I didn't mind this before, because in the settings there's an option to invert these things already, but now with Khora out, I'll have an issue with the setting whether it's enabled or disabled! It'd be a good change for consistency as well.

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

It already exists in the menus under Controls, there's a function labelled 'Invert tab/hold abilities'.

Please read more carefully, the problem is the inconsistency between Frames of what hold vs what tap does.

11 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

a toggle on each frame that has these abilities

This pls. (Same for weapons like Zarr / Panthera / etc where preferences differ on direct alt fire vs mode switching.)

7 minutes ago, Thaylien said:

which would you prefer? 2 out of 3 frames acting the way you want, or just 1?

... sorry, what? I don't quite understand what you mean.

The point is to make all those Frames act the same way,
or (my preferred solution) have an option to individually choose how they act.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

... sorry, what? I don't quite understand what you mean.

If the OP wants to make them all act the same way, that's going to take a full fix. However, letting them know about this means that they have the option to work around the issue and actually play the way they want to while the fix happens.

Doesn't mean the abilities won't or shouldn't be changed, just that the option to change them ourselves is already here in the game. Solution to the immediate problem is right there. If you don't know it's there, then you don't even have that temporary work-around and all you can do is believe that nothing can be done without the Devs getting around to it.

The comment to you was that, if you have three frames and the option to have either two, or just one, at a given time function how you wanted them, what would you choose to do? Especially knowing you can always toggle the option back.

I agree with this topic, and was about to start a thread myself had I not seen this one. I am aware of 3 tap/hold abilities in the game; Vaubans grenades, Ivaras arrows, and Khoras Venari. Currently on Vauban and Ivara you tap to change the type, then holding the ability key casts it; whereas on Khora this is the reverse. 

I am asking for some consistency on these abilities. Myself I'm a fan of tap to cast, and hold to switch which is why I always play with the "invert tap and hold abilities" option enabled. Now that I have Khora, I find myself having to switch that option every time I switch from her to Vauban or Ivara and vice versa.