Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Obstacle Course Architect - Feedback

Charlemane

The new custom obstacle course is great! I've also seen a lot of great suggestions to improve it.

Quadruple the decoration capacity.  Creating a 'serious' course tends to eat up a lot of the capacity. Case and point, My clan has already chewed up 200 decorations for the first "room" of our obstacle course (a laser trap bullet hell), and we still have more than 95% of the space left to use.

Object Mover. A room with moving traps or objects would be fun. Having an object that can create this functionality would be awesome.

Option to disable operators. Operator mode makes the courses laughably easy. Being able to disable this, or force players to only use operators, would add another level of difficulty to maps.

Rethink the fire trap. I get the whole "the floor is lava" thing, but as it is, the trap is pointless.

Save/Load courses. Large clans have a lot of people who want to build these. Being able to use multiple configurations for a single room (maybe it could store a limited number like 30), would cut down the number of rooms that Clan builders would need to construct for their members. The caveat for editing would require a...

Course Architect clan role. As a matter of safety and clan security, not every member of the clan should be allowed builder access. Separating course build permissions would let some Tenno create their own courses, but not give them the ability to do damage to the Dojo itself.

Course export. Share with other Tenno! Compare courses or try a course submitted by a different clans. Create a centralized hub where Tenno can submit their course configurations for other people to try out.

Racing. Custom courses mean Frame racing could be a thing. Maybe set up the end goal to track the place of the finishers and enable a starting countdown. We currently implement this with a vanishing trap, but it would be nice to have something official.

Arrows. Carnage2k4 "Glyph" type placeable holographic arrows to indicate the directions the player is suppose to be going.
Sometimes it's not clear, and complex courses can be a little confusing if you're not the architect. 

More Checkpoints. Carnage2k4 -  also just noticed that there is a Max of 6 checkpoints... I'm half way into my Course and I've used them already, otherwise you could just skip major parts of the course... I'm not sure how else to force a player to not skip a section to save time without them.

Unified Course Exit / Entrance.  Arcira - When leaving the curse your are randomly spawning somewhere in your dojo. The enter and exit point via console should be the same and leaving with "esc-> return to dojo" should spawn you in your dojo spawn room.

More traps. Arcira - A little bit more stuff like traps from the orokin tileset (Icefloor, moving blocks, etc.).

Better Object Placement. Arcira - Not a specific obstacle curse problem but object rotation/orientation should be seperated from the cam angle. Placing objects can be quite tricky.

Ammo. AandOE - My current sniper gun range means that running it more than once is impossible, because ammo counts still exist. If getting rid of ammo entirely is unfeasible, then having Cetus' ammo dispensers would help. Especially since I'd like to do more than just one range in a room.

Better walls. AandOE - Specialty walls/floors/ceilings: Not sure if this may work, but place a wall spawner at one point, and a connected wall ender at another point. All space between the two would be filled in with the generic wall pattern. Sizing would still work for width and thickness, but the length would remain as is. This would help facilitate things like long gun ranges and the sort, as well as the strange boundary line for the red no-go barrier.

Operator/Warframe barriers. AandOE - Red Barrier: This is great for making Warframes unable to pass, but Operators can go right through them. Perhaps a glowy green barrier that acts as a Red Barrier+, to prevent both Warframes and Operators from going through? There might even be another color, that allows just Warframes through.

Bugs:

Arcira - After failing a run you are immune to traps for few seconds if you enter the curse immediately

Arcira - for some reason you can´t use "2" (place another x) while aiming on another object.

Arcira - Also a lot of decos don´t have size scalings.

Arcira - The direction of axi rotation depends on wether you are doing it on ground in midair (surface snapping mode). That´s a bit confusing

Charlemane - Kill traps do not always trigger when you step on them if they have been scaled up.

Edited by Charlemane
Updated with more suggestions from players

"Glyph" type placeable holographic arrows to indicate the directions the player is suppose to be going.
Sometimes it's not clear, and complex courses can be a little confusing if you're not the architect. 

Edited by Carnage2K4

36 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

"Glyph" type placeable holographic arrows to indicate the directions the player is suppose to be going.

added

I also just noticed that there is a Max of 6 checkpoints... I'm half way into my Course and I've used them already, otherwise you could just skip major parts of the course... I'm not sure how else to force a player to not skip a section to save time without them.

3 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

I also just noticed that there is a Max of 6 checkpoints... I'm half way into my Course and I've used them already, otherwise you could just skip major parts of the course... I'm not sure how else to force a player to not skip a section to save time without them.

updated

Some things I´d like to add:

Not a specific obstacle curse problem but object rotation/orientation should be seperated from the cam angle. Placing objects can be quite tricky.

When leaving the curse your are randomly spawning somewhere in your dojo. The enter and exit point via console should be the same and leaving with "esc-> return to dojo" should spawn you in your dojo spawn room.

A little bit more stuff like traps from the orokin tileset (Icefloor, moving blocks, etc.).

Also a lot of decos don´t have size scalings.

Edit: for some reason you can´t use "2" (place another x) while aiming on another object

The direction of axi rotation depends on wether you are doing it on ground or in midair (surface snapping mode). That´s a bit confusing

After failing a run you are immune to traps for few seconds if you enter the curse immediately

Edit2: Placement for "bounadry trap rectangle" is quite inconsisten. Sometimes it can overlap with objects sometimes not.

Record display always shows best time no matter what curse you are actually running.

An option to make walls of the obstacle curse lethal in order to prevent shortcuts

Edited by Arcira

10 hours ago, Arcira said:

Some things I´d like to add:

Not a specific obstacle curse problem but object rotation/orientation should be seperated from the cam angle. Placing objects can be quite tricky.

When leaving the curse your are randomly spawning somewhere in your dojo. The enter and exit point via console should be the same and leaving with "esc-> return to dojo" should spawn you in your dojo spawn room.

A little bit more stuff like traps from the orokin tileset (Icefloor, moving blocks, etc.).

Also a lot of decos don´t have size scalings.

Edit: for some reason you can´t use "2" (place another x) while amin on anotherobject

The direction of axi rotation depends on wether you are doing it on ground in midair (surface snapping mode). That´s a bit confusing

After failing a run you are immune to traps for few seconds if you enter the curse immediately

Got it. Filed some of the suggestions under a new bug section.

Ammo. My current sniper gun range means that running it more than once is impossible, because ammo counts still exist. If getting rid of ammo entirely is unfeasible, then having Cetus' ammo dispensers would help. Especially since I'd like to do more than just one range in a room.

Specialty walls/floors/ceilings: Not sure if this may work, but place a wall spawner at one point, and a connected wall ender at another point. All space between the two would be filled in with the generic wall pattern. Sizing would still work for width and thickness, but the length would remain as is. This would help facilitate things like long gun ranges and the sort, as well as the strange boundary line for the red no-go barrier.

Red Barrier: This is great for making Warframes unable to pass, but Operators can go right through them. Perhaps a glowy green barrier that acts as a Red Barrier+, to prevent both Warframes and Operators from going through? There might even be another color, that allows just Warframes through.

Edited by AandOE

45 minutes ago, AandOE said:

Ammo. My current sniper gun range means that running it more than once is impossible, because ammo counts still exist. If getting rid of ammo entirely is unfeasible, then having Cetus' ammo dispensers would help. Especially since I'd like to do more than just one range in a room.

Specialty walls/floors/ceilings: Not sure if this may work, but place a wall spawner at one point, and a connected wall ender at another point. All space between the two would be filled in with the generic wall pattern. Sizing would still work for width and thickness, but the length would remain as is. This would help facilitate things like long gun ranges and the sort, as well as the strange boundary line for the red no-go barrier.

Red Barrier: This is great for making Warframes unable to pass, but Operators can go right through them. Perhaps a glowy green barrier that acts as a Red Barrier+, to prevent both Warframes and Operators from going through? There might even be another color, that allows just Warframes through.

Got it, thanks!

Yeah I totally agree with everything that you guys have said here, all of these should totally be added into the game. There is also an odd bug that I encountered where you will crash instantly when you enter the obstacle course as an operator.

Top priority for me would be adding more decoration capacity, followed by moving objects and more checkpoints.

Operator cheesing is obnoxious as hell tho.

Edited by Dragonov7733

not all of these are as obvious additions as you'd think
but some of these should of been in it from the beginning
like the object mover, the old obstacle course has moving objects why can't we?

here's to hoping DE will improve on it some time soon

• 3 weeks later...

there is a bug to the course that once the runner got all the checkpoints and killed all training dummies, if another player touch the exit before the runner, the course would be considered completed for the runner, giving a faster time than expected

Edited by DragonbornWolf
added "giving a faster time than expected" to the end

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...