Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

List of required nerfs

Ryunokage

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

Because some things (like Nuke Trinity for example) affect other players ability to properly play the game. 

I am fine if people wanna have crazy builds so long as it doesn't affect my ability to enjoy the game. 

It sounds like they need to add a way to solo queue. Too bad there isnt one.

Nerf banshoob pls

unknown.pngreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TFW you still can't hit for 100 mil.

On a more serious note, though.

There ARE some things that need to be changed. The sancti castanas self damage needs to be reigned in, that will effectively castrate the CasTrinities (ha). Trinity as a frame, however, need not be touched. She's been through enough, man. She's the Irelia of Warframe.

There is a LOT of untapped potential in this game that a great deal of people overlook simply because they aren't "meta." Most Warframes have specific jobs, and those warframes do those jobs very well. Trying to take away from those tailored niches is not only very Un-Warframe, but very Un-Fun. This is a free game, and one of the best around, to boot. The least you can do is appreciate what you are given, for free, rather than to take up such disgraceful and ill-informed arms about them. If you have every item except for Kronen Prime, as you said in a previous post, OP, then surely you have the Ignis Wraith. Are you seriously expecting us to believe that you're unable to mod this weapon properly, after so carefully accumulating such an impressive arsenal? Get real.

The above screenshot is a cap of damage I did earlier, using Banshee and a Ferrox, a primary weapon that has gone sorely overlooked for a very long time. But it's not the only weapon I've found through my testing that has untapped potential, even without a riven. Weapons like the HarpakMara Detron, and the Embolist, AKA the OTHER Flamethrower weapon, are all superb in what they do, and there are many other quality weapons that I honestly have not the time to list. If you truly are having no fun in Warframe, then I feel very sorry for you, because weapons like the Kulstar exist. Have you ever had the pure satisfaction of taking one of those on a Mirage, and simply carpet bombing an entire defense map by aiming straight at the ceiling, letting itty bitty grenades rain down upon you as you lag out the host with all the particles? The point is that it does not matter what kind of weapon you have, rather that with proper modding, any weapon can be powerful. (With some exceptions, such as the pangolin sword. It is very difficult to make that viable. I have tried.)

Chances are, you probably haven't touched any of these weapons I've mentioned in a very long time, and so your view has grown narrow and jaded, leading to this post which obstinately declares itself as a list of things that must be done. There's a reason why Narrow Minded reduces your range, and you're a Primed example of this shortsightedness.

But if all you care about is being the highest damage dealer in every mission, as your tirade has suggested, then I recommend playing Solo, where you will be 100% of the damage dealt, 100% of the time. And there you can go and be angry, just as you want, while bothering nobody.

Edited by Axio.

5 minutes ago, Axio. said:

Nerf banshoob pls

unknown.pngreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TFW you still can't hit for 100 mil.

On a more serious note, though.

There ARE some things that need to be changed. The sancti castanas self damage needs to be reigned in, that will effectively castrate the CasTrinities (ha). Trinity as a frame, however, need not be touched. She's been through enough, man. She's the Irelia of Warframe.

There is a LOT of untapped potential in this game that a great deal of people overlook simply because they aren't "meta." Most Warframes have specific jobs, and those warframes do those jobs very well. Trying to take away from those tailored niches is not only very Un-Warframe, but very Un-Fun. This is a free game, and one of the best around, to boot. The least you can do is appreciate what you are given, for free, rather than to take up such disgraceful and ill-informed arms about them. If you have every item except for Kronen Prime, as you said in a previous post, OP, then surely you have the Ignis Wraith. Are you seriously expecting us to believe that you're unable to mod this weapon properly, after so carefully accumulating such an impressive arsenal? Get real.

The above screenshot is a cap of damage I did earlier, using Banshee and a Ferrox, a primary weapon that has gone sorely overlooked for a very long time. But it's not the only weapon I've found through my testing that has untapped potential, even without a riven. Weapons like the HarpakMara Detron, and the Embolist, AKA the OTHER Flamethrower weapon, are all superb in what they do, and there are many other quality weapons that I honestly have not the time to list. If you truly are having no fun in Warframe, then I feel very sorry for you, because weapons like the Kulstar exist. Have you ever had the pure satisfaction of taking one of those on a Mirage, and simply carpet bombing an entire defense map by aiming straight at the ceiling, letting itty bitty grenades rain down upon you as you lag out the host with all the particles?

Chances are, you probably haven't touched any of these weapons I've mentioned in a very long time, and so your view has grown narrow and jaded, leading to this post which obstinately declares itself as a list of things that must be done. There's a reason why Narrow Minded reduces your range, and you're a Primed example of this shortsightedness.

But if all you care about is being the highest damage dealer in every mission, as your tirade has suggested, then I recommend playing Solo, where you will be 100% of the damage dealt, 100% of the time. And there you can go and be angry, just as you want, while bothering nobody.

Build diversity is what makes these types of games fun and interesting especially this is not a PvP game. Oh I miss the good old days of season 2 LoL rip AP trin. 

10 minutes ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

Well if you have a problem with people opposing your point of view then you shouldn't be putting your opinion out there js.

You didn't just a have a problem though. 

You disagreed and then at the end threw out a pointless insult even though I said nothing similar to you. That just tells me what kind of person you are and that you aren't someone I need to waste time debating with. 

Edited by (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

I shouldn't have to sequester myself away in order to play a multiplayer game. In fact plenty of people play the game just fine without affecting other people's ability to play it. 

Nuke Trinity will be nerfed just like Mirage+Sumulor before her. Its a question of when. Not if. 

But if you dont want to play with certain frames and run the risk of ending up with them then you should play solo. The rest of the people in the group accept the public nature of said queue. It's like when I end up with a Spamshee on Hydron, I simply leave before it starts because there is a extremely high chance that player will slow down the mission with their quake spam. 

Or if I end up with Achmed Trinity I simply dont rezz them.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Coyote_x_Starrk said:

You didn't just a have a problem though. 

You disagreed and then at the end threw out a pointless insult even though I said nothing similar to you. That just tells me what kind of person you are and that you aren't someone I need to waste time debating with. 

Well you are also a person that has to have the last word so you'll keep replying until I stop LOL. 

Just what I said can't stand the heat get out the kitchen.

If people suck the fun out of you while playing there is a option to play by yourself. Idk how anyone would want to play with you at this moment though you seem controlling like telling people that they can't play their favorite frame if it's limbo or something.

35 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I simply leave before it starts because there is a extremely high chance that player will slow down the mission with their quake spam. 

Or if I end up with Achmed Trinity I simply dont rezz them.

Oh I do the same. I let them die or I just leave. 

I'm just getting tired of having to do that and am just looking forward to the inevitable nerf. 

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎23 at 12:36 AM, Ryunokage said:

As the title states, this post is a list of things in the game, be they weapon or warframe that needs to a relook. Its not a static list and i expect it to grow as other members of the community make their own suggestions.

Warframe abilities:

1. Trinity link

• frequently used in conjunction with explosive/self damaging weapons
  • ignores line of sight
  • many builds allow trinity to cover whole maps with impunity
  • current iteration also lends itself to automation. Cast ability, detonate explosives on self, repeat.
  • combination of extreme range, functioning through walls/obstacles and automation - severely affects play experience for other players in the game
  • Suggestion: Change link's damage absorbtion to ignore self damage weapons, ie trinity abusing link with self damage would blow themselves up.

2. Equinox mend/maim

• extreme range
  • ignores line of sight
  • combined with whip weapons like the atterax, allows for rapid build up of stored damage
  • this functions synergistically with whip spin spam, players using this can rapidly build up stored damage with a few executions of their macro, before unleashing the stored damage to hit enemies in a very wide radious
  • very disruptive in confined game modes, such as onslaught, defense. Smaller map sizes and plenty of intervening obstacles prevents other players on the team from engaging in combat, when enemies do appear they're sufficiently clustered for the spin-spammer to wipe them out in a second and at the same time build a large stack of damage to wipe the rest of the map as well.
  • Suggestion: unsure, this will likely become difficult to do once melee range nerfs take effect, but all the same it needs to at least be stopped by line of sight.

Weapons:

1. Spin attack melee

• even following the recent change in their mechanic that prevented players from using this through walls, spin spam continues to severely affect group playstyles.
  • large area of effect
  • rapid attack speed when used in conjunction with whips and polearms.
  • no penalties or limitations to its use
    • players free to use this with impunity 
  • allows singular players to very often wipe groups of enemies out in a single strike
    • problem exacerbated by use of macros that allow repeated spam.
  • Suggestion: Implementing spin attack recovery animations, with variations among the weapon classes
    • further differentiates weapon classes with one another with more specific benefits and costs between them. May make for more meaningful weapon selection
    • example: polearm/whip: 2 seconds to recover, vs sparring weapons, nil recovery period

2. Flame throwers

• ease of use, large ammo pool
  • wide area of effect with innate punch through
  • short range innate to this weapon class negated by tight confines of most of warframe's environments
  • vfx block line of sight for other players, making it hard to land shots with precision, slow cycle weapons, like sniper rifles, bows etc.
  • suggestion: reduce clip sizes and ammo pool for flame throwers, while increasing damage and reload time.
    • Encourage use of weapon in short bursts for effectiveness, vs hosing down an area for extended periods of time.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎23 at 12:42 AM, SumBoady said:

No.

Not just no, but hell no

3 hours ago, Axio. said:

So if you know it's going to happen, why not just suck it up until then? I don't understand all the public griping if it's something you're positive is going to get nerfed anyways.

I agree with you, by the way. I don't particularly like this style of trinity, however I'm not going to turn my nose up to a free carry.

Because I wanna be sure to throw my voice into the mix. 

Not gonna stay quiet until they realize it themselves. 

Play solo if you don't like it there's nothing wrong with having over the top builds on warframes and weapons stop trying to ruin the fun for everyone else. Even if the things you listed do get nerfed people are simoly going to move on to the next best thing and you'll be making the same post a few months down the line crying for that to get nerfed because you can't get some kills. Why don't people look at what's encouraging these types of playstyles in the first place?  Onslaught is what really needs fixing it encourages these types of playstyle and yet I see far too few people complaining about this. Nuke trin has existed for years and now that ESO is its only starting to get popular so if you really want to see the amount of nuke trins in you games to drop start giving feedback on onslaught instead of crying for nerfs

9 hours ago, Axio. said:

The point is that it does not matter what kind of weapon you have, rather that with proper modding, any weapon can be powerful. (With some exceptions, such as the pangolin sword. It is very difficult to make that viable. I have tried.)

Assumptions incorrect. I have no favourite weapon, nor frame, nor build. I enjoy experimentation and variety.

However variety rendered moot owing to presence of players running abusive builds capable of killing everything in a wide radius, through walls. Enemies die before they enter LoS where i may engage.

8 hours ago, DxAdder said:

FYI I can pull 75% damage in ANY mission NOT using any of these methods.

There no way you can impose "social equality" in a game, please stop trying.

attempting to do no such thing. Removing crutches would make the differences between competent and incompetent far more apparent vs the current set up. Where aforementioned builds can enable anyone regardless of their ability to do just as well, so low is the skill requirement.

9 hours ago, (XB1)deathopz123 said:

If people suck the fun out of you while playing there is a option to play by yourself. Idk how anyone would want to play with you at this moment though you seem controlling like telling people that they can't play their favorite frame if it's limbo or something.

Or I can do them what they're doing to me and just bring a staticor with a multishot riven. 10 staticor projectiles and stasis breaks, freeing enemies and projectiles at the same time.

I just switch to the staticor whenever a limbo shows up and continue to play as i please.

On ‎2018‎-‎05‎-‎22 at 10:36 PM, Ryunokage said:

As the title states, this post is a list of things in the game, be they weapon or warframe that needs to a relook. Its not a static list and i expect it to grow as other members of the community make their own suggestions.

Warframe abilities:

1. Trinity link

• frequently used in conjunction with explosive/self damaging weapons
  • ignores line of sight
  • many builds allow trinity to cover whole maps with impunity
  • current iteration also lends itself to automation. Cast ability, detonate explosives on self, repeat.
  • combination of extreme range, functioning through walls/obstacles and automation - severely affects play experience for other players in the game
  • Suggestion: Change link's damage absorbtion to ignore self damage weapons, ie trinity abusing link with self damage would blow themselves up.

2. Equinox mend/maim

• extreme range
  • ignores line of sight
  • combined with whip weapons like the atterax, allows for rapid build up of stored damage
  • this functions synergistically with whip spin spam, players using this can rapidly build up stored damage with a few executions of their macro, before unleashing the stored damage to hit enemies in a very wide radious
  • very disruptive in confined game modes, such as onslaught, defense. Smaller map sizes and plenty of intervening obstacles prevents other players on the team from engaging in combat, when enemies do appear they're sufficiently clustered for the spin-spammer to wipe them out in a second and at the same time build a large stack of damage to wipe the rest of the map as well.
  • Suggestion: unsure, this will likely become difficult to do once melee range nerfs take effect, but all the same it needs to at least be stopped by line of sight.

Weapons:

1. Spin attack melee

• even following the recent change in their mechanic that prevented players from using this through walls, spin spam continues to severely affect group playstyles.
  • large area of effect
  • rapid attack speed when used in conjunction with whips and polearms.
  • no penalties or limitations to its use
    • players free to use this with impunity 
  • allows singular players to very often wipe groups of enemies out in a single strike
    • problem exacerbated by use of macros that allow repeated spam.
  • Suggestion: Implementing spin attack recovery animations, with variations among the weapon classes
    • further differentiates weapon classes with one another with more specific benefits and costs between them. May make for more meaningful weapon selection
    • example: polearm/whip: 2 seconds to recover, vs sparring weapons, nil recovery period

2. Flame throwers

• ease of use, large ammo pool
  • wide area of effect with innate punch through
  • short range innate to this weapon class negated by tight confines of most of warframe's environments
  • vfx block line of sight for other players, making it hard to land shots with precision, slow cycle weapons, like sniper rifles, bows etc.
  • suggestion: reduce clip sizes and ammo pool for flame throwers, while increasing damage and reload time.
    • Encourage use of weapon in short bursts for effectiveness, vs hosing down an area for extended periods of time.

No.

No.

No.

And no.

Thank you. Good bye.

On 2018-05-23 at 9:49 PM, Ryunokage said:

If these weapons are not nerfed, it reduces warframe to a state where players can mechanically go through a series of monotonous tasks with minimal engagement to get ahead, at the same time spoiling the game for everyone else. I'm trying to avoid this scenario.

Then dont play with those people or play as one of them