Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for Ideas for specters

-Virtuoso-

Hello fellow Tennos! So far I've experimented with few specters with fun or weird results. I'll put my findings here and also eagerly asking my fellow Tennos for fun ideas of what frame's specter should i make next or what specter you've found to be useful or fun!

Specters that i have tried:

1. Inaros: Rarely uses pocket sand, often use sandstorm and it kinda messes with my fighting style. Stopped after a while.

2. Trinity: One of the nice specters, does her 2nd ability (energy vamp) quite often, blesses too sometimes. Mediocre support specter.

3. Ember: Does her 2nd and 3rd ability often, pretty good dps-support specter.

4. Saryn: Hilarious. Does her molt over molt. uses lash often rarely does miasma too!

5. Nidus: One of my fav. almost 75% uptime on his link with you, thats some free strength with status resistance! Also does his 4th ability to heal in a wide area often and his first stomp ability too. uptime on 3rd and random 4th ability in between with no need of gaining stacks, pretty OP!

6. Khora: One of my new favorites cause she uses her strangledome way too often. Venari is pretty badass too and as efficient in killing as kavat ai lets it, not bad for having 2 ai following at once and aiding in battle.

7. Octavia: Another nice support specter, pretty much 80% uptime on her 3rd ability with decent duration. Its like invis on demand with occasional multishot buff. pretty awesome.

Other specter reviews that are given by fellow Tennos: 

8. Rhino (usually have Iron skin on and occasionally stomps and roar)

9. Chroma (uses elemental Ward often, effigy infrequently)

10. Hydroid (casts rain and tentacle swarm often, tidal surge infrequently)

11. Volt (uses shock and speed often)

Would like to hear more of your ideas and inputs. In case you are new to specters would like to incorporate those into your playstyle then these are some quick info:
- specters scale with enemy level, so they are useful at any given mission/level including sorties.
- specters arent usable in nightmare missions. They will first scale to the enemy level and then turn on you. very scary stuff.
- specters dont have their own mods. they will copy whatever mods you have on your frame.
- specters have near godlike accuracy, so sniper rifles that has innate punchthrough like vectis prime or vulkar wraith are ideal with their loadout. Note: Supra/Dera can bug out. Opticor has line of sight issues. Simulor, Arca plasmor, Tigris (variants) and corinth has satisfying results.
- specters are bad with bows as they dont use those until enemies are in melee distance. Avoid putting those with their loadout.

Please correct me if im wrong anywhere without hesitating. I myself would love to know about more about specters too! Feel free to share at your own leisure ❤️

All the best Tenno! ❤️

Edited by -Virtuoso-
Updating Topic with Tenno inputs

If you want to keep them alive for a while, give them a Simulor.  🙂

My current vapor is an Octavia with one, she's so incompetent with it she never gets herself killed, but if someone gets in her face she goes into a black hole frenzy. 

I'm a big fan of Nidus, Volt, and Trinity but definitely haven't tried everything yet.  They're SO much better after their last update!

They aren't deadly accurate with everything. Give them a Dera and they will make Imperial Stormtroopers look good, and that's a very accurate assault rifle. Supra can bug out and literally shoot 180 degrees behind them. (at least when I tried it)

I've been having good results with Corinth, they'll hit at long range and regularly.

Sarpa could be funny as melee with the innate stance shooting. Was really buggy though.

Opticor worked... When they could make up their minds to shoot. Any loss of LoS or change of target would cause them to abort charging.

As far as frames I've been trying different ones that look good to me sans fashion, but I haven't landed on a really useful one yet. Khora's Venari did make that interesting though. Might try Rhino next.

Edited by Kinetos

On 2018-05-23 at 10:09 AM, (PS4)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Spectors are modless I believe but scale like enemies with higher levels.

Yeah they scale.  They enter the beginning of the mission at the enemies starting lvl.  Then as enemies scale, if you re-drop another specter, it will match the current enemy level you're fighting.

I use specters a ton, I find them really useful and fun depending on the frame I'm using.  My goto set-up at the moment is giving them the Hirudo, they will heal themselves with them. (not suggested however for Oberon, they prevent him from using his healing abilities.)  

It's a bit painful seeing and hearing grenades fly everywhere; but the Secura Penta is my goto primary for them.  They detonate the grenades with insanely good timing, and it's great CC.

And for a secondary, I'd say go with something fun, I think they only use it when downed.

*** One thing I'd like to see changed ***    DE PLEASE TO FIX!

When testing your load outs and synergy with them in the Simulacrum, they come in at lvl 3-6 ish depending on the specter.  Even if I'm fighting a room of lvl150's 😞 

I'd like to have them scale with the enemies I'm spawning in for testing.