Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When we cross chat filter, just give us a warning before banning and a short "why".

PhantomTrick

9 minutes ago, Acerbus said:

And again, there's an ignore function for that kind of person. You're free and able never deal with them again after you report them, no triggerhappy memekiller bot necessary.

While they have that feature is doesn't stop the person from saying those things. 

DE doesn't want people to talk like that in their game so they set up a bot to help them regulate it. They are working on tweaking the bot so it doesn't ban accidentally,  but if they don' want those words said in their game then they have the right to put things in place to prevent it from being said. You can make suggestions but you can't outright tell them they need to change it.

27 minutes ago, Acerbus said:

You might be somewhat confused over what "question" means.

I know what "question" means. You've got plenty of answers already. 

And what you call "questioning" is just a ranting/whining/complaining here.

11 minutes ago, Acerbus said:

Calling real people garbage is fine, but making a joke about a fictional character is so horrid and offensive that it has to be censored.

Stay classy, you guys. 👌

A joke that is tasteless and could offend some people.

If you don't like what we say though you can always put us on your ignore list.

So I've been looking at 2 definition of trap recently.

1.""Trap" is an internet slang term used online for people who crossdress and androgynous anime characters. Frequently used on 4chan, the word is a taken from the popular Admiral Ackbar meme It's a Trap and used to express fear that someone is attempting to trick or confuse others sexuality through appearance changes."

It's from http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/traps

2.Trap, a trans woman with male genitalia and female secondary sex characteristics

It's from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LGBT_slang_terms

I guess the problem now is the fact that people misunderstood what other people intentions are, like at this moment people who say "Nezha is a trap" it's a references for a people who crossdress as either male or female depend on their gender, purely to confuse people. (To be fair I got bamboozled at first for thinking that nezha is a girl at first) Meanwhile from the side of Trans people they thought that people who make this joke are directing them at trans people, which I understand why they are pissed off but then banning people completely without giving them any explanation at all is quite rude.

To make people understand you have to simply explain your situations and let them explain their side as well, with that 2 sides can make an understanding point between each others, so hopefully this can prevent people from having this kind of case again in the future.

Ok All, I am back.

As I said in my previous reply to this thread, I am all for letting people give us feedback on the operations of the chat bot and its process. However, I also said that this thread was not to be used as yet another back and forth thread of what individuals do and do not deem to be offensive. As we have stated before, its our bot and we aim to make its processes more transparent and fair to avoid false positives. 

Locking this up.