Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When we cross chat filter, just give us a warning before banning and a short "why".

PhantomTrick

Just now, peterc3 said:

DE seems to have the general opinion that racial and bigoted slurs are unwelcome on their platform. They aren't just going to leave it up to "people who are offended" to filter it out after the fact.

If people have a problem with being so unable to control their language on someone else's platform, good riddance.

The issue is not that "racial and bigoted slurs are unwelcome", it's that people who identify with those terms and use them with a positive connotation are unable to express themselves in the Warframe community, as the automated bots silence all uses of the words, not just those who use them as an insult.

Just now, peterc3 said:

DE seems to have the general opinion that racial and bigoted slurs are unwelcome on their platform. They aren't just going to leave it up to "people who are offended" to filter it out after the fact.

If people have a problem with being so unable to control their language on someone else's platform, good riddance.

Yeah, I really appreciate them being proactive about shutting this stuff down so it doesn't end up like League or Counter-Strike. Refining the chat bot is an ongoing process, but I reckon a few temporary false positives are preferable to allowing behavior to fester that will drive away potential players permanently.

vor 1 Minute schrieb sixmille:

This isn't a democracy. You're playing DE's game on DE's servers. The sooner you accept that the better your ability to not care about the so called "issue" will be. It's DE's game, we follow DE's rules. It's fine to ask for a reasonable change, but there are limits and DE sets them.

My money and my time is their currency, as well as the money of time of all the players, become unbearable and your money pigs go as well, that's the number 1# senselessly parroted phrase I've heard yet

4 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

Reminder that you will get suspended if you say "gay" in any context at all, including "I'm gay". The bot is broken, even DE admitted it... why are you being so defensive?

my biggest issue with the chat suspensions is that it applies to clan chat. Why? Clan Chat is like the whatever territory. Sure ban us from public chats for saying objectively 'rude'/'offensive' things, but not from our own damn clan chats -_-

Hey all,

I want to be clear that you are not going to be able to use this thread to continue the same fruitless discussion you were holding in a thread that was recently locked. Again, referring to Rebecca's post, we are working on it and this means that a solution will take some time and that we are weighing options. This does not mean that we are ignoring you or your feedback and further discussion on the topic is useful, so long as it does not devolve into a mediation of what individuals do and do not deem to be offensive.

Please keep this in mind for further use of this thread.

[DE]Aidan

il y a 1 minute, Godzilla853 a dit :

The main issue I have is if you get kicked from let’s say a chat you are only kicked from that chat but if you are banned from the chat it’s to all channels. One it shouldn’t ban you from clan or alliance and not private messaging.

Clan and alliance are reasonable requests, but not PMs. It's a free to play game and nothing prevents some kid to create new accounts to PM some crap like "[a certain historical character] did nothing wrong" to any and all region chat users. PMs absolutely need to stay on the ban list.

It's no secret that the chat mods get their power trips by seeing people get banned for using words said mods themselved pushed through to be added in the blacklist.

Just do yourself a favor and disable the region chat entirely, nothing worthwhile to see there anyway.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, sixmille said:

Clan and alliance are reasonable requests, but not PMs. It's a free to play game and nothing prevents some kid to create new accounts to PM some crap like "[a certain historical character] did nothing wrong" to any and all region chat users. PMs absolutely need to stay on the ban list.

You can't access the chat lists FYI, if I have a bunch of names written down each and every one of them has that sweet sweet report and ignore button.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Hey all,

I want to be clear that you are not going to be able to use this thread to continue the same fruitless discussion you were holding in a thread that was recently locked. Again, referring to Rebecca's post, we are working on it and this means that a solution will take some time and that we are weighing options. This does not mean that we are ignoring you or your feedback and further discussion on the topic is useful, so long as it does not devolve into a mediation of what individuals do and do not deem to be offensive.

Please keep this in mind for further use of this thread.

[DE]Aidan

Then be transparent about what you're doing. We've heard "we're working on it" before. What are you working on? What are the thought processes? Are you considering less moderation by the bot and maybe adding more chat mods?

Edited by Pent_

3 minutes ago, Tonks-Prime said:

my biggest issue with the chat suspensions is that it applies to clan chat. Why? Clan Chat is like the whatever territory. Sure ban us from public chats for saying objectively 'rude'/'offensive' things, but not from our own damn clan chats -_-

When you get banned from chat, you are banned from the chat service. Your suspension is not a Region chat ban, it is a chat service ban. If you wish to challenge that, go to support, not the forums.

2 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Just do yourself a favor and disable the region chat entirely.

This is the best suggestion so far until DE changes things. Like @[DE]Aidan has said, they are working on it. Be patient people...

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

Then be transparent about what you're doing. We've heard "we're working on it" before. What are you working on? What are the thought processes? Are you considering less moderation by the bot and maybe adding more chat mods?

I asked two times if DE considered recruiting more volunteers, but it was hidden in the sea of gender arguments and useless bickering instead of constructive criticism and healthy discussion. It is sad to see entire threads derailed due to hostile and impulsive comments.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

il y a 2 minutes, Daster95 a dit :

My money and my time is their currency, as well as the money of time of all the players, become unbearable and your money pigs go as well, that's the number 1# senselessly parroted phrase I've heard yet

Forum users are an incredibly small percentage of a playerbase. I'm sure DE wouldn't be too fussed if you all stopped playing over minor grievances on a feature so few of us use. It's like the 1% of the 1%.

1 minute ago, Pent_ said:

At this point in the process what we are "doing" is collecting feedback. This means we have nothing to share as we are still processing the feedback we are being given by the community. When we have something to share with you all, we will do so.

2 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

They probably are trying things, but if the say something specific, and then end up doing something else, they'll get chewed out for it.

1 minute ago, [DE]Aidan said:

At this point in the process what we are "doing" is collecting feedback. This means we have nothing to share as we are still processing the feedback we are being given by the community. When we have something to share with you all, we will do so.

Alright. I just hope you're considerate of all parties. I'll be frank and say I don't have high hopes anymore, but I want to be pleasantly surprised more than anything.

Just now, Pent_ said:

Alright. I just hope you're considerate of all parties. I'll be frank and say I don't have high hopes anymore, but I want to be pleasantly surprised more than anything.

Who are all the parties, here?

Just now, [DE]Aidan said:

When we have something to share with you all, we will do so.

Thank you for your response. It isn't the answer everyone wanted to hear, but DE is aware of the issue. I do hope much of the healthy feedback is looked into and considered. More moderators would be a good first step as well as improving the bot.

9 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

I'm sorry but who cares ultimately? If they fix it? Good. If they don't?  What's the issue? Warframe is a game not an instant message platform, and being funny or vulgar in chat isn't a game core mechanics which should take time away from real content development. 

Not trying to belittle anyone's preferences, but y'all need to realize that what's being requested is kind of dumb...right? 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

I generally just stay silent (unless I happen to see a request for help); my sense of humour is darker than the depths of interstellar space and very much not politically correct, so I just leave it on Discord and don't bring it to the game. Silence is easier than censoring everything you say.

Edited for readability

Edited by IainG10
Cleared up some grammar

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

I'm sorry but who cares ultimately? If they fix it? Good. If they don't?  What's the issue? Warframe is a game not an instant message platform, and being funny or vulgar in chat isn't a game core mechanics which should take time away from real content development. 

Not trying to belittle anyone's preferences, but you'll need to realize that what's being requested is kind of dumb...right? 

Dumb to you, important to me. Not explaining why you're banning someone, how long, and having power hungry and corrupt mods have a say in what goes into the filter that we don't get to see is pretty damn lame if you ask me. I don't want to be a part of a game who's moderators are allowed to do that.

Just now, Pent_ said:

Dumb to you, important to me. Not explaining why you're banning someone, how long, and having power hungry and corrupt mods have a say in what goes into the filter that we don't get to see is pretty damn lame if you ask me. I don't want to be a part of a game who's moderators are allowed to do that.

This ^