Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A cry for help, from a WF vet.

(XBOX)Arbiter Dragon

BUNGIE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Hey, Warframe veteran here. 

Listen DE, please stop taking the current path you are taking and please listen to the vets more than the new players. 

The vets have been here for years and know what keeps us playing, the new players come in and leave a month later. I'm curious to know how many of those registered millions of users actually play the game still. 

The path you are currently taking is extremely similar to Activision & BUNGIE with Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Nerfing everything to the ground making it unusable, and no longer fun. I remember when warframe was about going into a giant room and destroying everything the second you walked in, now that's fun. Decimating your enemies with ease has been warframe's gimmick for the longest time and it's going away rest quick. Please look for those actual useful tips to make additions. Not the trolling new players. 

New players will never stay if there is no one to guide them. Listen to the Vets, please. We love the game just as much as you guys and would hate to see the game go to ruins faster than Rome. 

Vets only stay because we have nothing to do other than sell things in trade chat and help new players, run clans, alliances, and extreme endgame runs. 

Please stop nerfing things or reworking without asking for advice from the community beforehand. 

Just because it works really well doesn't mean it needs to be changed or nerfed. It means you did a good job creating something that does work and is viable. 

Sincerely, 

Arbiter Dragon, an Xbox Warframe veteran.

Edited by (XB1)Arbiter Dragon

I agree with you, the focus on the new players is a bit annoying. You're also right with the fact that newer players will leave without guidance, the "tutorial" doesn't exactly explain much and most things end up being explained by the older players. That's just a fact. Elite onslaught is not endgame content either, I see no progression. Removing the trails and replacing it with this is an insult, I'd much rather play with 8 people than 4 and it was so cool seeing that for my first LoR. DE needs to keep around the people that supported them all this time, those people will get their friends to play. That's how you should get new players.

Even though ive been playing for a short amount of time, I agree 100%. If I didn't have people like you around to show me the ropes, I wouldve fallen off Warframe. The game needs to be catered to the veterans and the hardcore players.

Take a break once in a while, its a game, not a job. There will always be people to guide new players, there a lot of players between vets and new players. Do not ever think everyone was helped right away everytime, a lot of us learnt from youtube and wiki too. Game will go on.

Just take a break! It helps!

2 minutes ago, -Virtuoso- said:

Take a break once in a while, its a game, not a job. There will always be people to guide new players, there a lot of players between vets and new players. Do not ever think everyone was helped right away everytime, a lot of us learnt from youtube and wiki too. Game will go on.

Just take a break! It helps!

Talking about the future, not current. I've taken many breaks and hiatus. It's just that DE looks at the one mr3 player that complained that oxium was too easy to get so they changed it, and the Mr3 was nowhere to be found playing the game shortly after. 

Nah, I've more than a 1000 in the game and I welcome the nerfs. Break the meta, should always be the motto of a game like this. It forces players to try new things as all the veterans rush to come up with a new meta that does what the old one did.

49 minutes ago, rune_me said:

Nah, I've more than a 1000 in the game and I welcome the nerfs. Break the meta, should always be the motto of a game like this. It forces players to try new things as all the veterans rush to come up with a new meta that does what the old one did.

I have over 7000 hours. It should not be the motto of this game. The game is supposed to be fun, not to where nothing works. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)Arbiter Dragon said:

I have over 7000 hours. It should not be the motto of this game. The game is supposed to be fun, not to where nothing works. 

What you find fun is not the same as what I find fun.

And it should definitely be the motto of this game.

Just now, (XB1)Arbiter Dragon said:

Should definitely not. 

What I find fun is no longer in the game. Was disabled 3 years ago and probably won't ever come back. 

And you are still playing it? Why, if you don't find it fun?

Honestly, I've only played it for a 1000 hours and is already a bit bored by a lot of it. Which is why I like it when they break something, so I feel forced to test out something new. Same when they buff something I never used before, because then I feel I should test it out. 

1 hour ago, rune_me said:

And you are still playing it? Why, if you don't find it fun?

Honestly, I've only played it for a 1000 hours and is already a bit bored by a lot of it. Which is why I like it when they break something, so I feel forced to test out something new. Same when they buff something I never used before, because then I feel I should test it out. 

Exactly the point though. I stead of nerfing, why not buff things instead? Come up with new mechanics and bring back the old void. Yanno the good ole days when everything was broken and everything was fun to do. There wasn't anything better than the other, everything was relatively similar to each other. Everything was great until the nerfs hit lol

Hell yea!

I totally agree with Arbiter Dragon!

The game is fine how it is, instead of Nerfing, is best to buff. I know Frames are powerful, but instead of nearfing: DE just buff enemies higher! 

I love this game! 

I don't want this game to die, hear us veteran players! We are the ones who keep this game alive!

Don't do like Bungie, those guys aren't nothing more than selfish people. 

Litsen to the vet we need the chance to be heard & we know what is good, unlike New players we keep trying to give advice that is more truthful. New players are trolling every good company these days & mustly they don't want this game to be successful!

Dear DE don't go down that path, we veteran players beg you!

Alecuba97, an (PS4) Veteran player.

I feel like this a overreaction, DE has to focus on new players cause warframe is very confusing at the beginning for anyone just starting out 

Also saying that their on the path of Destiny is bullS#&$.

Have they throttled exp like bungie? No

Have they paywall their fourms? No

Have they thrown all new weapons and cosmetics into lootboxes? No

If DE went and asked permission from the community to balance anything everytime they changed something we wouldn't see updates for months. DE are game developers they know whats best for their game just cause something got rework it doesn't mean its the end times.

47 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

I feel like this a overreaction, DE has to focus on new players cause warframe is very confusing at the beginning for anyone just starting out 

Also saying that their on the path of Destiny is bullS#&$.

Have they throttled exp like bungie? No

Have they paywall their fourms? No

Have they thrown all new weapons and cosmetics into lootboxes? No

If DE went and asked permission from the community to balance anything everytime they changed something we wouldn't see updates for months. DE are game developers they know whats best for their game just cause something got rework it doesn't mean its the end times.

No, DE does not have to focus on the new players. There is so much to do to begin with they feel overwhelmed and want to quit because there is so much, or that there is so much it makes it boring to them. 

I'm saying DE is on the same path as BUNGIE, nerfing everything basically and changing huge things without feedback from the community. Yes I understand it takes months, which it already does anyway for consoles. Doing so makes a much better update and much less rushed. Quality over quantity my friend. 

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Arbiter Dragon said:

No, DE does not have to focus on the new players. There is so much to do to begin with they feel overwhelmed and want to quit because there is so much, or that there is so much it makes it boring to them. 

I'm saying DE is on the same path as BUNGIE, nerfing everything basically and changing huge things without feedback from the community. Yes I understand it takes months, which it already does anyway for consoles. Doing so makes a much better update and much less rushed. Quality over quantity my friend. 

You know why yhey feel overwhelmed? It's cause the tutorials are vague and don't demonstrate mechanics right.

Just cause you put few hundred hours in the game does not mean you get to dictate when DE release nerfs/buffs/reworks they been working on this game for 5 years i think they know what they're doing.  

today we've learn that a community could have so many different voices... ideas... tolerances... play style

i too don't mind and sometimes love the reworks, nerfs, changes, and so on... i wonder what happen to WF if DE never actually did any of that?... will i ever play WF if its still the same as before??

oh and how does one actually get "feedback" from the community?.. when the community is so varies. do we all need to have a very long discussion where agreement might be so hard to get? and if, let say DE didn't take a feedback from 1 group of the community does that mean they never did take any?

what does it mean by player "feedback" anyway.. does it mean all of our opinions?? or could it also be our actions... or maybe habits... if, let say, DE have a data that says many players use ember 4 continuously for survival missions and many player discuss how they dislike others that uses ember 4, which "feedback" should DE take?? how should DE use these "feedbacks" to better their product...

i dunno...  i'm just a simple man.. i dunno what are the rules that makes me a vet or newbie. i just enjoy the game despite the changes and stuff that happen to it.

Edited by novalery

23 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

You know why yhey feel overwhelmed? It's cause the tutorials are vague and don't demonstrate mechanics right.

Just cause you put few hundred hours in the game does not mean you get to dictate when DE release nerfs/buffs/reworks they been working on this game for 5 years i think they know what they're doing.  

A few hundred is quite the understatement. 

23 hours ago, novalery said:

today we've learn that a community could have so many different voices... ideas... tolerances... play style

i too don't mind and sometimes love the reworks, nerfs, changes, and so on... i wonder what happen to WF if DE never actually did any of that?... will i ever play WF if its still the same as before??

oh and how does one actually get "feedback" from the community?.. when the community is so varies. do we all need to have a very long discussion where agreement might be so hard to get? and if, let say DE didn't take a feedback from 1 group of the community does that mean they never did take any?

what does it mean by player "feedback" anyway.. does it mean all of our opinions?? or could it also be our actions... or maybe habits... if, let say, DE have a data that says many players use ember 4 continuously for survival missions and many player discuss how they dislike others that uses ember 4, which "feedback" should DE take?? how should DE use these "feedbacks" to better their product...

i dunno...  i'm just a simple man.. i dunno what are the rules that makes me a vet or newbie. i just enjoy the game despite the changes and stuff that happen to it.

I understand what you're saying. 

And the feedback that they should listen to in that situation is from the person using ember to run through it quickly. 

The game as is, is tedious enough to making things a lot more difficult (not really, just a LOT more time consuming.) 

I used to be that ember speeding through extermination because it's fast, it was fun, and it was easy. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)Arbiter Dragon said:

I understand what you're saying. 

And the feedback that they should listen to in that situation is from the person using ember to run through it quickly. 

The game as is, is tedious enough to making things a lot more difficult (not really, just a LOT more time consuming.) 

I used to be that ember speeding through extermination because it's fast, it was fun, and it was easy. 

You do not get to dictate to other players, let alone the developers of the game what is and isn't fun and what should or shouldn't be changed.

You found bullet jumping through levels fast fun and easy. The other 3 guys on your squad were bored to tears as they didn't do anything apart from spawn in and run to extraction.

That is not healthy for the game as both new and old players like to interact with the game and not just race to extraction without firing a shot. That style of play is not fun for anyone other than the guy measuring his e-peen by how much damage he does or how many thousands of hours he has in a game.

It certainly sounds to me like you need to step away from the game because what the devs seem to be aiming for is more of a balanced experience where one player can not power through any level in the shortest time possible and that looks to me like a big "nerf" to your playstyle.

On 2018-05-23 at 3:36 PM, (XB1)Arbiter Dragon said:

BUNGIE STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING

Hey, Warframe veteran here. 

Listen DE, please stop taking the current path you are taking and please listen to the vets more than the new players. 

The vets have been here for years and know what keeps us playing, the new players come in and leave a month later. I'm curious to know how many of those registered millions of users actually play the game still. 

The path you are currently taking is extremely similar to Activision & BUNGIE with Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Nerfing everything to the ground making it unusable, and no longer fun. I remember when warframe was about going into a giant room and destroying everything the second you walked in, now that's fun. Decimating your enemies with ease has been warframe's gimmick for the longest time and it's going away rest quick. Please look for those actual useful tips to make additions. Not the trolling new players. 

New players will never stay if there is no one to guide them. Listen to the Vets, please. We love the game just as much as you guys and would hate to see the game go to ruins faster than Rome. 

Vets only stay because we have nothing to do other than sell things in trade chat and help new players, run clans, alliances, and extreme endgame runs. 

Please stop nerfing things or reworking without asking for advice from the community beforehand. 

Just because it works really well doesn't mean it needs to be changed or nerfed. It means you did a good job creating something that does work and is viable. 

Sincerely, 

Arbiter Dragon, an Xbox Warframe veteran.

I Agree. I for once in a very long time have cut back on my hours on Warframe. 5800 hrs played in 3 years time. I used to always find ways to keep it going on warframe. Now when I actually sit back and think about it, there really isn't anything to do on Warframe. They took my raids away. Gave us mediocre Eidolons. Gave us Mediocre Endless Kuva. Gave us mediocre SO and made it so that Elite is nothing but frustration fest if someone isn't cheezing with Trinity. There is literally nothing to do on my used to be beloved WF. I've been around for a very long time. Have witnessed lots and lots of nerfs. I mean lots of nerfs to the point where most frames aren't even enjoyable to use anymore. From my point of view, the game just has no fun to it anymore. Everything that was fun was nerfed to the ground and the nerfs still will not stop. Maiming strike/ spin attacks on the chopping block. GG

Edited by (PS4)dA_BLoK_iS_hOt