Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Informal Survey: List your dream changes to Warframe

Seanjuju

Answer any that interest you. Vagueness is fine.

1. List your dream changes to warframe?

2. What would you take from another game and add to warframe?

3. If not yet listed, what sort of mechanics and systems would you like to see changed or expanded in warframe? How?

4. What score would you give warframe and how would it change if your changes were implemented? (/100)

5. Have you burned out on warframe before? What would have prevented it?

I'll probably post this a few times so I can experiment with response rates.

My Survey Answers

1. It's not exhaustive but, in no particular order, I would:

-Expand the codex to include the majority of the information on the wiki

-Remove infinite scaling and replace it with enemy evolution. Give enemies their faction weapons!

-Let enemy weapons operate the same way our versions do.

-I would add room traps and weapons like magnetized floors hindering parkour,

-I would add a ton more standard enemies and enemy quirks like a zanuka that drains energy when it deals melee damage then uses it to power an attack.

-Other changes to make enemies more challenging

-Add difficult to obtain and rare gears that are not consumables (maybe in new trials)

-Progression and Plot. Fewer visits to starter/easy missions.

-Give enemies more/effective defensive items.

-Warframe defense overhaul including multiple options for shields such as flat shields, armored shields, and gated shields.

-Similar overhaul for pets

-Rework for Damage types

-Make resource gathering requests of syndicates and add some resource gathering progression

-Guaranteed endo or kuva payouts in treasure rooms

-Tons more stuff

2. I would add the melee stances and some of the jutsu from Nioh. Maybe some Ratchet & Clank weapons. I would add the enemy AI from the dark souls series or any good AI.

3. Already Listed

4. My score would change from 78 to 98

5. I have burned out many times and it's usually because I want a stronger sense of progression.

1. Skins and color selections tied to load-outs, So I can have a purple Zenistar on my Nova, and a Red Zenistar on my Chroma. Also, I'd like more light in the liset, and less contrast in missions.   
  2. Nothing. Warframe transcended other fame types a while ago and I don't feel like anything would fit right.
  3. See 1.
  4. 90/100 and 100/100 because fashion frame is end-game.
  5. No. I'm a filty casual, ehich means there's always a ton of stuff to do everytime I log-in. Those who burn out are playing it too much. 
Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

Skins and color selections tied to load-outs

Each frame/weapon has 3 appearance slots. The loadout keeps track of which appearance slot you chose. Is there something else that you mean by this?

Better running and sprinting animations.

A large variety of vehicles in open worlds like Plains of Eidolon and Venus.

More dynamic missions in Warframe, and more large scale, like Conquest in Battlefield (but COOP against AI) or Dominion in For Honor (a more large scale capture the flag/domination/interception-like mission).

A special duel melee mode like in For Honor. It doesn't change the existing melee system but adds on to it by letting you go into a duel state.

IMO, Warframe is a 70/100. It's decent, but it's state is what holds it back. It's so incomplete, a mess of newer features built on top of older, forgotten features that have varying levels of quality, and a progression system that just isn't structured well at all. It needs a streamlined progression system that is clear and straightforward, including a rank system (mastery) that depends directly on affinity and not indirectly through maxing out newly-acquired items. It also needs it's lore straightened out so that it's coherent and not contradictory. Add in the open world changes and animation improvements, animation improvements, and new mission types, and this game would rise 20 points or more for me.

I've burnt out of Warframe before, and everything I said above is what would've kept me playing. The game right now is designed around excessive loot grind, not around creating immersive, engaging gameplay experiences. The things I suggested would make the game so much more engaging and immersive for me.

Well lets see...

1. Addressing old frames and power creep. I know we just had a huge weapon update but we need one for frames as well. Frames like Nyx and Nezha have been left behind. Also if DE didn't try to nerf new buffs the second they come out would be nice, isn't the point of the game to be OP space ninjas? As for misc things I would like a bed in the orbiter's quarters so I can sleep in it with my operator or something like that.

2. If I had to take from another game it would be to add a first person mode. It would be cool to see my frame and weapon in FP. 

3. See 2. Also a way to earn platinum besides trade chat. Like make 100p a sortie reward or something.

4. 90-100/100

5.I have a few times and it was during content droughts. Adding things like Onslaught is a good way to prevent this.

Edited by (PS4)Dragonborn_85

2 hours ago, Seanjuju said:

• Orbiter Combat (in space/orbiter weapons)
  • Void Trace would be random drop from any enemy in any mode
  • "Auction House" system where you can buy/sell
  • EXPANDABLE chat box!!!
  • Totally reskinned Dojo surfaces so that every part can be colored(no fugly grey gaps).   Get rid of pigments.  Allow color selection from color palettes.   And at the very very very minimum add Black pigment =(
  • Maybe change affinity range/share mechanic so it just applies to everyone no matter where you are.   AFK'ers already do not get stuff.  And squads can self regulate those people out of their groups.   It sucks forcing us to fight side by side with kill thieves.   Its NOT FUN watching someone else hog all the kills.  They are killing melee but currently crit/combo builds also need their own space cuz they have to keep the combo going and you cant do that very easily around others.
  • Seperate mechanics for popping older relics.  Nature of the beast and population size just dictates that old relic rewards should be alot easier to get than the newer stuff.  Its pretty impossible to get groups together for non-current relics
  • infinite use Archwing launcher in PoE...........
  • Sentient Core conversion recipe changed to needing common crap minerals 
  • Custom poster images =P

Oh I actually thought of something the other day, partially reminded by Warframe in the first place...  I jumped into Warframe cuz someone said it was kinda like Diablo or Borderlands.    One of the things I miss from Borderlands 1 is the ability to set your pet or ability up with an element(specificlly Mordichai/Bloodwing.    I think we should be able to give our Cat/Dog elemental damage types.   (helminth dogs get toxin)

3. If not yet listed, what sort of mechanics and systems would you like to see changed or expanded in warframe? How?

• Archwings need more love, they are awesome.  More missions/ More weapons.
  • There should be some kind of benefit to fully Forma'ing a weapon or Frame (aka better stats), and the forma slots should be more fluid so once a slot is forma'ed it can be changed to another polarity whenever.
  • Orbiter Mandachord/Octavia Mandachord.    First of all the ship mandachord is some pretty basic garbage.   We should have been able to enable/disable tracks and have it shuffle through them.  The songs should have been displayed alot nicer in a list.   More importantly our Octavia songs should be able to be played on our freaking orbiter mandachord!!!!!  Octavia should be able to hold a TON of more songs.  You cant even make 1 track for each instrument before you run out of space.   I'd make 8 bars available for songs and add the ability to stretch notes..not sure the technical term for it lol.  

I havent stopped playing warframe from being burnt out yet.   When I dont have new things to build or things to level up I do not play as much.  There is still ALOT I have not even done in the game.   Dont play sorties,  Dont have Rivens,  Never tried Tridolon fight....  Never did raids when those were in the game.   I like my games easy so I stick to <40.  The thing that really sucks the wind out of my sails when im playing Warframe is how god damn tedious and boring it is to farm void trace to have a very pathetic crappy chance at getting a rare from a relic which even if your in a group with 3 other people who have all made their relics RAD, you all 4 get the same craptastic common reward.  Not to mention trying to get a group together for non-current relics.   Over the shouts or freaking eidolons and onslaught groups.   Soul Crushing.....

Im not making any plat or getting new items but atleast I get to spend time with my other games *hugs NoMansSky/Fallout*

2 hours ago, (PS4)Dragonborn_85 said:

Well lets see...

1. Addressing old frames and power creep. I know we just had a huge weapon update but we need one for frames as well. Frames like Nyx and Nezha have been left behind. Also if DE didn't try to nerf new buffs the second they come out would be nice, isn't the point of the game to be OP space ninjas? As for misc things I would like a bed in the orbiter's quarters so I can sleep in it with my operator or something like that.

I think DE has difficulty finding an in-game system to balance against. I'm always reminded of the original iron skin (8 seconds of invulnerability) which doesn't seem nearly as powerful as it did back then. Once DE pins down how they want progression to work, they'll have an easier time avoiding power creep. My answer to balancing is to change from an infinite enemy scaling system which can't be balanced against to an evolving enemy system which can be! 

1. Focus school being part of loadout selection.

2. Proper awarding of affinity/focus - no more "I will just kill enemies and ignore the defense target/hacking terminal/objective because that way I get most affinity/focus. My teammates will do the objective for me". Affinity/focus will be based on objective-based matrix - eg. how much damage the defense target got hit with, how many consoles you hack in spy, how many enemies you kill in exterminate, how fast the mission was completed, etc

3. Proper end mission progress board - no more "Total kills/% damage is all it matters". All stats will be objective-based and depend on which mission you do to show how much the team member actually contributed - eg. how many enemies you kill within a close radius of the defense target, how many consoles you hacked out of the 3 in spy, how many kills/%damage you did in exterminate, how much a player contributed to the objective, etc

4. Operator melee either with operator weapons or with martial arts reminiscent to the way they work in Avatar: The Last Airbender and based on the element of the focus school.

5. Frame fighter mode.

6. High speed racing mode.

-A hotkey for a toggle/hold down to walk. Something i've wanted for a LOOOONG time.

-Old Prime Frame redesigns. (Ember, Mag, Frost, Rhino, etc)

-More objects to place in dojos/orbiter. (Benchs/chairs/interactable objects)

-Make a proper survival (No LS, no timer, no time limits. Just you and the enemies until you and/or your squad falls)

-A "Proto" series for all frames. Kinda a Deluxe skin Series 2/V2?

-A proper minigun. (Multi-barrel, under handed if possible (Rifle grip would also be fine), insane firerate, and badass firing sound.

-A 3rd set of alt helms made by DE for frames that don't have 3.

-Operator guns/Melee

-None that I can think of. Warframe already is pretty fun and unique as is.

-Not sure.

4. What score would you give warframe and how would it change if your changes were implemented? (/100)

99/100 It has it's at times but I feel like other than the obvious glitches/bugs, its pretty good as is.

-Yes, twice, I played WAAAAY too much at one point.

Oh there is just so much

A consistent world state that is effected by events. I mean things like spy having an effect on enemy supplies or defense actually leading to the Tenno gaining the upper hand in the sector. Something like Helldivers. And missions wouldn't have a fail state anymore but instead, like previously mentioned Helldivers, would lead to a critical event that would mean huge losses if it's not participated in.

And part of that consistent world state would be drop-in-drop out missions along with changes that would need to be made to mission structure so you're not just hitting several load screens to join a mission just to exit out the minute you get in. Maybe an SOS call from fellow Tenno and you come running to respond. Monster Hunter has been great with that.

I'd also like to either see the randomized levels either revisited for more intricate pathways or trashed for levels with more cohesive designs in mind.

Thats all i have for now. Im tired

Oh, this seems interesting:

7 hours ago, Seanjuju said:

Stop RNG-based chance for frame parts acquisition. Just lock "endgame meta weapon parts" instead behind those RNG, instead...please? Sigh, I must be dreaming. 

Metal Gear Solid stealth system:
- Bait the enemies to one corner for either stealth kill or diversion.
- After discovery, enemy requires Line of Sight on players before they could rush and attack us (at the moment, they somehow have sixth sense on our position despite obstacle).
- Perhaps slow-motion on discovery like in MGSV? Well, I guess this is too much of convenience on this game.

Focus system. I would like that Waybound nodes could be shared early, but harder to level instead. Let's say, you only require 1 Brilliant E. Shard to share with other focus ways, but the last rank for the node require 1 million focus to achieve.

80/100. Love the gameplay, and got hooked with PoE for a while (not anymore, though). It sure has it flaws as many would says, but I must say the game is awesome.

Burned out around the time of Titania release. At the time I just feel bored with the game, and decided to take a long break. Only recently I got back again, and enjoying my time so far (especially waiting in anticipation for The Sacrifice. Hoping for some upgrade for the Operator, not Umbra)

i would like to see being able to burn augments into our warframes, or arcane-like slots for augments only that dont require mod capacity. i have posted on this before, been a while tho. could unlock with master etc.

i would like to see an improved parkour system that brings back wall running, directional air melee (not just ground strikes) and the ability to control how hard you jump off of a wall. 

i would like to see more focus on game mechanics that facilitate the interaction between players in a clan or alliance

i would like to see an alliance hub (like a dojo)

i would like to see playable multiplayer minigames with gambling (credits or ducats) (pool, texas holdem, bowling, chess)

i would like to see archwing greatly expounded upon

i would like to see dark sectors 2.0 go the route of pve and involve working as agents for a solar rail syndicate

5 hours ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

Oh there is just so much

A consistent world state that is effected by events. I mean things like spy having an effect on enemy supplies or defense actually leading to the Tenno gaining the upper hand in the sector. Something like Helldivers. And missions wouldn't have a fail state anymore but instead, like previously mentioned Helldivers, would lead to a critical event that would mean huge losses if it's not participated in.

And part of that consistent world state would be drop-in-drop out missions along with changes that would need to be made to mission structure so you're not just hitting several load screens to join a mission just to exit out the minute you get in. Maybe an SOS call from fellow Tenno and you come running to respond. Monster Hunter has been great with that.

I'd also like to either see the randomized levels either revisited for more intricate pathways or trashed for levels with more cohesive designs in mind.

Thats all i have for now. Im tired

I like the idea of a changing game world influenced by player actions. It seems like it could inject a level of importance and urgency into missions. The design would be difficult which is why I would begin this idea as a system clans opt-in to. I might like to see refugees or interrogation targets temporarily housed in the dojo facilities. It introduces an opportunity for a large variety of puzzles such as interrogation or decoding.

On a seperate note I would like to see various NPCs and operator activities within dojos. Maybe the infamous "Tenno Operatives" (survival) can be found within.

15 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Each frame/weapon has 3 appearance slots. The loadout keeps track of which appearance slot you chose. Is there something else that you mean by this?

hmmmmm. I'm not aware of this. Can you please give me a screen shot or a link on where it's supposed to be? 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

What i would probably want is an option to build a Squad-ship like having the orbiter that friends can opt in or out. 

Basically allowing to up to four people to spawn in one ship when they log in (So long as they opted into it via a Request accept) with a quarters for each persons operators and arsenals

other than that having that Squad ship be able to be used in space combat allowing the four players to be the crew instead of archwing (Cause i hate archwing)

Edit: also having Operator guns and melee so they are actually viable also giving then a Shield harness and Voidpack (Like a void powered jetpack) for mobility.

Edited by High_Lord_Vex