Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Spores Revisited (Saryn)

[DE]Danielle

Make Molt more useful.

Molt just draw some fire but that's not enough. The ability is really good if you are using the augment, but itself it's nothing special.

On detonation Molt should deal gas damage and have 100% gas status, and some % damage of Molt should add to spores.

7 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

Its recast able, so as long as you have an enemy in your sights there should be no reason for your spore counter to decay.

Defense interception ETC. They made it for purpose, but if that little break on 100% duration saryn will drop spore damage to 0 it is just a bad idea.

1 minute ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Defense interception ETC. They made it for purpose, but if that little break on 100% duration saryn will drop spore damage to 0 it is just a bad idea.

Defense, interception, survival, extermination, defection, excavation, mobile defense, SO&ESO. That's 8 game modes. The spore ability doesn't need to be useful on every mission.

Most of the changes are good, but I agree that NO spread on spore death was probably unnecessary. All in all I'm kind of disappointed you zero'd in on the spores so hard.

I would have preferred a nerf to the base damage of Miasma, coupled with an increase in bonus damage on spore-infected enemies, thus promoting more active play and reducing the mindless #4 spam regardless of spores.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Shes already been fine for us that have player her as an active frame. She already has one of the higher armor values in game, a decoy that can draw enemy fire aswell as the option to regenerate life through molt. She doesnt need more because she isnt fragile to begin with.

What kind of weako star chart jank have you been "playering her as an active frame" on? The armor doesn't make a lick of difference, the heal is weak, and the decoy's range is insufficient at best. It's restricted to one small area at a time. If multiple decoys could be deployed for their full lifespan, that'd be one thing. But one small-area pseudo-cc does not hold up on its own if you're not allowed to hide in a corner to devastate a map anymore, which is what the rework is all about. 

6 minutes ago, Tauni said:

What kind of weako star chart jank have you been "playering her as an active frame" on? The armor doesn't make a lick of difference, the heal is weak, and the decoy's range is insufficient at best. It's restricted to one small area at a time. If multiple decoys could be deployed for their full lifespan, that'd be one thing. But one small-area pseudo-cc does not hold up on its own if you're not allowed to hide in a corner to devastate a map anymore, which is what the rework is all about. 

No "weako starchart jank" at all. I take her to everything. She has more than enough defense compared to other frames that play just as actively in the same content. The only thing that sometimes get me would be Kuva Guardians during a flood with bad connection, otherwise nothing is really a threat.

Decoy is a great tool with the right placement.

If it gets rid of the current random spore propagation that we have, I'll be happy with it.

She wont be as OP on onslaught without spread on death, but again, most people will be ok with this too.

Molt will still be not overly useful unauged, but none of the passive decoy abilities are, and at least the aug is good.

Energy may be a bit tight overall, but hey, it's a step.

35 minutes ago, aidschbe said:

Most of the changes are good, but I agree that NO spread on spore death was probably unnecessary. All in all I'm kind of disappointed you zero'd in on the spores so hard.

I would have preferred a nerf to the base damage of Miasma, coupled with an increase in bonus damage on spore-infected enemies, thus promoting more active play and reducing the mindless #4 spam regardless of spores.

I wish they didn't touch 2.0 in general tbh. It just seems like it'll be a never-ending mess, so I kinda feel bad for mains tbh. But since these changes are out its too late I guess

Just now, Heatie said:

I wish they didn't touch 2.0 in general tbh. It just seems like it'll be a never-ending mess, so I kinda feel bad for mains tbh. But since these changes are out its too late I guess 

Well it felt really good after the change, but was also a tad too strong if I'm honest, even as a wannabe Saryn main.

But that's the thing with game balance, you always tend to overshoot because if you change too little, you can't gauge exactly what kind of impact your changes had. But then you have to course correct, which is also ok, but it's even easier to overdo it in that phase. 😕

@[DE]Danielle Since Saryn will go back to her caster role (which means energy hungry), might as well bring the old energy restore from toxic lash ?

Le 10/05/2018 à 20:00, [DE]Danielle a dit :

With the new spreading nature of Spores, survivability of Molt, and the increased duration of Toxic Lash and Miasma, Saryn is no longer as Energy-hungry as she used to be, so we’ve removed the 2 Energy restore on Spores burst by Toxic Lash.   

Removing spore spread per tick is not the way to fix the "set it, forget it". Removing a mechanic like that seems a little too drastic to me and i must admit making the range shorter as to something like 4-5meters seems more reasonable.

-Lezepti.

19 hours ago, Fluffysbeans said:

you specifically said that you need to start the chain reaction, but then immediately complain that it's completely automated. A bit contradictory, hm?

'shoot Enemies' is not adding anything to Gameplay. the Abilities are automated because 'using them' is summed up as press the buttons and forget about them. you'll be attacking Enemies either way so the Abilities are totally passive.

Saryn had complex synergy, adding strategy to your Gameplay and bringing more for you to do in Gameplay than you do sans Abilities.
you cannot actively play Saryn now, because all of the active Mechanics were deleted.

i don't think it's me that didn't read what they were responding to.

Sad to see Saryn is going back to her boring Caster role. It was fun while it lasted. Melee Saryn for life.

The casting role in this game is really boring. I miss how melee oriented the original Saryn was. Why can;t she go back to this since we have casters and debuffers already?

Looks like I'll have to shelf my favorite frame and main again... 😢

You've broken my heart @[DE]Pablo, you really have.

This does seem like an outright nerf. Slower damage increase and spores no longer spread passively. I get the whole design to make Saryn more interactive, I love it actually, but why not just lower the range of spores spreading after killing an enemy? Make it so that no build will be good enough to press 1, shoot 1 thing, and then sit and watch. But still allow for the spread to continue to an enemy or two.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb GA-Bulletproof:

Please reintroduce casting Spore on Molt (without the ability for us to pop the spores) so we can place a "hive" for enemies to get infected. 

With these changes it also would make sense to change damage types on Spores to Toxin instead Corrsovie. And make Toxic Lash corrosive. 

This is actually something interesting I would like to see, you see Saryn's Molt from what I understood acts like a Bomb when destroyed, why not allow us to cast Spores on the Molt Clone, make those spores invulnerable to having it's spores popped and then when it gets destroyed it acts like a spore bomb that spreads spores depending on how much damage it took?

In my opinion the decay rate is too high. You loose your stacks in seconds when you cant find enemies. And im not sure about the decay rate only being changeable with duration. 

Im constantly having issues keeping my spores alive without loosing all my stacks. Now that they dont spread by themselves anymore you have to babysit the affected enemies even more than before. And guess what, if you cant find that last enemy with your spores and he dies, your stacks start decaying super fast and you have to run up to an enemy again to cast the spores very fast. This change basically made saryn a caster frame. 

You could make the enemies that are affected by the spores visible through walls so that the player can spot them easier to spread the spores. Everyone is looking for the corrosive damage ticks  anyway, to see where an affected enemy is. 

So none of our feedback was going to matter in the least.  Not so much a workshop as a distraction.

Also, "recasting on infected enemies will put new Spores on a target with a 20% decrease" seems to have become recasting at all drops the accumulated damage in the actual patch notes.  Would have been nice to know that.  Well, if our feedback mattered at all.

Archived