Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A video for [DE]Steve and his amazing work on GPU Particles

veryweirdman

Ludicrous made the game feel new again, but! what about a length and speed slider in the soon future? imagine slow-mo sparkles or tiny needles flung across the room? gone in an instant or like fireworks slowly leading the way?

i'm guessing @Wevi was thinking the same or was looking at how custom each Nvidia PhysX was. who know?

Edited by Regenerating_Degenerate
added the @

33 minutes ago, Regenerating_Degenerate said:

'm guessing @Wevi was thinking the same or was looking at how custom each Nvidia PhysX was. who know?

just like i can identify what every power is just by listening to its casting sounds the particles that they release should be unique as well.
see the rhino stomp in that video and go compare it to the current stomp. or banshee's first power and how her particles dont shoot out in a wave or bounce off walls.

@Wevi

Yeah it was all very noticeable in a sllightly painful way. to quote myself in a very recent post, "The old Nvidia PhysX for the game were custom made when Warframe first got them, they aged poorly and now we have a better version that just needs some personal touches and like you said variety in the particles. That takes time, but these new particles are probably much easier to mess around with for DE."

Edited by Regenerating_Degenerate