Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are some ridiculous never going to happen things you'd like to see in game?

SPplayer76

Sometimes I'm like, "I want this thing" but at the same time I'm like, "That's really dumb for a lot of reasons and would never happen."

Here are some dumb Ideas.
Ember is my favorite frame, but due to reasons It's not a good idea to take her to a lot of stuff. So sometimes I'm like, "what if I could play another frame, but somehow fashion the other frame to just be ember?" That way I could always "play" my favorite frame. This would super destroy frame identity as well as make it a nightmare for other players to know what you're able to do. As well as probably cause big problems for animations, and confuse new players. It would be a huge disaster, but at least I would be happy haha.

Titania has her 4, where she shrinks down. Sometimes I'm like, "there should be a frame that gets super big." This idea is made of disaster. Doorways, rooms, anything in a closed environment just can't work, not even mentioning interactables. It's still silly to think about though.

What about you guys? What kind of insane ideas have you thought about, and why wouldn't they work?

Shadow of the Colossus kind of battle. 

No, not the kind like Eidolon battle we have now. Perhaps a gigantic eidolon (multiple times bigger than hydrolist) that require us to somehow climb on its body, and then shoot at its weakspot above. 

Or perhaps an eidolon that flies in the sky? The battle becomes a high speed battle that requires player to chase using an archwing and take it down. Or similarly, underwater combat with the Sharkwing. 

1 minute ago, Renseiryuu said:

Shadow of the Colossus kind of battle. 

No, not the kind like Eidolon battle we have now. Perhaps a gigantic eidolon (multiple times bigger than hydrolist) that require us to somehow climb on its body, and then shoot at its weakspot above. 

Or perhaps an eidolon that flies in the sky? The battle becomes a high speed battle that requires player to chase using an archwing and take it down. Or similarly, underwater combat with the Sharkwing. 

I can picture the clash between the slow step by step climbing of SotC, and the super fast parkour of Warframe. I wonder if there could be a way for it work.

I'd like Archwing to be scrapped, the Arch-weapons converted into normal weapons and the Archwings themselves converted into Warframes. that way we get to keep our mastery and Elytron becomes our literal nuke frame. everybody wins. plus I want a mini-Grattler like what Tusk Heavy Gunners have. there's some cool concepts in Archwing, but I feel they were ultimately wasted on a neglected game mode that DE can't seem to get right.

I'd also like Flashback missions: separate, isolated cinematic experiences where we get to play other characters in key points of the Lore. for example, playing as Ordin Karris in his campaign of Violence, concluding with his standalone attempt to Assassinate the Orokin. getting to play as Gara and fight the original, massive Eidolon. quests like this would give us some good insight into Warframe's story and relive these tales in unique ways.

just a shame it'll never happen.

4 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

I can picture the clash between the slow step by step climbing of SotC, and the super fast parkour of Warframe. I wonder if there could be a way for it work.

Probably requires either the weak spot invulnerable to most ranged attack. With our parkour, it shouldn't be too hard to reach those spot within melee range.

Or another idea, the weakspot couldn't be shot from the ground level (like in some collosus battle, where the weakspot lies at top of their head...you couldn't even see it until you reached up there). 

As for the archwing eidolon battle, perhaps the closest one we have now is Jordas Golem battle. The battle is in some kind of closed-space arena, though, not a chase. 

1 minute ago, kyori said:

"Don't nerf anything" will be the most ridiculous-neve- gonna-happen-thing I'd like to see in the game.

I wonder how many dev's would have nightmares over a, "Once it's added, that's it, it's in the game forever now" style of content updates.

6 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

would it just lumber around and be a huge damage sponge?

No, it would just slowly follow behind everyone then show up at Extraction right before anyone else does. You know who you are...

Not quite. It could be a mount, for instance. 

"How did he die? 'His mount rolled over on him..' "Damn..."

Edited by Regenerating_Degenerate
YOU...... KNOW.........!