Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability to mute loading percussions

Sinderi

So, this is an idea that came to me quite swiftly after the recent updates. Some people enjoy the added loading screen music, but others, like myself, prefer the silent space whooshing before and after a mission to get a gameface on and calm down after a mission. Especially when you are more sensitive to sensory overload and need a bit of downtime after screaming grineer and roaring guns.

Would it at all be possible to add an option in the player settings to mute the loading screen percussions? 

That drum beat is infuriating to the point where I just turned off music altogether. No amount of tweaks can save that cursed audio. Give it a separate volume slider or remove it.

Edited by IronKhagan

Please, please, please remove the drums or give us the option to mute them.  They absolutely kill my desire to play.  Turning all the music off just removes a huge thing about the game I otherwise love.  I'm down to logging in and running maybe 1 mission set, either ESO, fissures, or sorties - but not all, and absolutely don't play for hours anymore.

The fact this is overlaid over the rather nice "Origin System" worsens it due to the two tracks fighting for my ears.  Then we have the fact that this 'music' really doesn't sound that good, as to me it feels like something I'd make in the Mandachord - A horribly jagged, strange piece that doesn't really do much but become dead noise.  Give me an option to either mute the drums entirely or replace it with whatever I have playing on my Somachord at the moment, because both the overlap from the two songs and the fact they don't sound good, at all, just detracts more than it adds.

• 2 weeks later...

We got this on console now. It's hilarious.

I get that it's supposed to add some drama, but you know, I dunno if traveling to a relay requires any build up :crylaugh: I'm off to see Simaris, I'M SO DAMN PUMPED!!!!!!

It's too loud and everything's still playing behind it. What a mess.

Music will be disabled me thinks.

Edited by (PS4)drpunk-yo

It's awful. One of those baffling additions that almost seems calculated to wind people up. It wouldn't be so bad if the music fitted in with the rest of the game but it sticks out like a sore thumb. 

They could make a different piece of music for each faction and location maybe but an option to mute it would be easier. 

On 2018-06-07 at 3:29 AM, (PS4)NachoZissou said:

It's awful. One of those baffling additions that almost seems calculated to wind people up. It wouldn't be so bad if the music fitted in with the rest of the game but it sticks out like a sore thumb. 

They could make a different piece of music for each faction and location maybe but an option to mute it would be easier. 

drum drum drum durm durm durm dum dum dum *Smash*

I HATE the drums.

I VOILENTLY HATE the drums..

I PSYHOTICALLY VOLENTLY HATE the drums..

they make me ANGRY.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

3 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

drum drum drum durm durm durm dum dum dum *Smash*

I HATE the drums.

I VOILENTLY HATE the drums..

I PSYHOTICALLY VOLENTLY HATE the drums..

they make me ANGRY.

It's good this way, then you can take your rage out on the Corpus/Grineer/Infested in the game. DE is giving you a secret pepping up.

Then again, like I have always said on these threads, let us have Metal tracks instead please...

these sounds are extremely annoying, cutesy, immature, lame, stupid, weakens the entire game product, literally drives players away and should be removed or allowed to be muted without effecting the current in game sound effects.

2 hours ago, krimit said:

these sounds are extremely annoying, cutesy, immature, lame, stupid, weakens the entire game product, literally drives players away and should be removed or allowed to be muted without effecting the current in game sound effects.

That's a little bit extreme, but yes, it is annoying.

Came to the forums to post about the drums. Saw this thread. So, really, the thing that really annoys me about these drums is that they play when finding a squad. If you're like me and don't want to host missions, you're going to be hearing those drums every time you click a mission, then they stop if you click cancel. Then you click a mission, they play, and stop if you click cancel. The repeated start and stop of this drum track quickly becomes very annoying.

I don't want to mute the game entirely, but I do want this to stop. I don't see why it's necessary to have this drum track in the first place, but if anything is done to the way this track plays, please let it be disabling it from playing in the navigation screen. Please.

Edited by Geraaltix

if you pair that with the music that plays when you're voting for a Mission, go nuts.
more sound is not better sound, i prefer these places to be pretty quiet, ye. if other people gotta have noise at all times - just don't force me to have to.

On 2018-05-24 at 12:47 PM, Sinderi said:

So, this is an idea that came to me quite swiftly after the recent updates. Some people enjoy the added loading screen music, but others, like myself, prefer the silent space whooshing before and after a mission to get a gameface on and calm down after a mission. Especially when you are more sensitive to sensory overload and need a bit of downtime after screaming grineer and roaring guns.

Would it at all be possible to add an option in the player settings to mute the loading screen percussions? 

I agree. I've muted music all together. I was hearing drums in a mission recently so I just muted it all together. 

• 3 weeks later...