Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Forget Pseudo-Exalted Weapons, Please!

The option to mod exalted weapons separately sounds awesome! However, let's not forget Warframes with pseudo-exalted weapons. Namely Gara's Shattered Lash, Khora's Whipclaw, Atlas' Landslide among others which have abilities that benefit from weapon mods but aren't actual Exalted Weapons themselves.

I should add, if this will become implemented, all Exalted weapons should at least come with three V polarities and one-two dash polarities to accomodate some mandatory mods 

Edit: To ALL the whiners crying about how Pseudo-Exalted Weapons are affected by Rivens... you do realize it was recently implemented, right? Gara was the first, then Atlas and Ash with their reworks and now Khora. With this in mind, DE will most likely retroactively allow Rivens to affect all weapon scaling abilities. 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

However, let's not forget Warframes with pseudo-exalted weapons.

Why would they be in the conversation? They use the mods off your melee weapon, I don't see that changing.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

I should add, if this will become implemented, all Exalted weapons should at least come with three V polarities and one-two dash polarities to accomodate some mandatory mods 

That's upwards of 5 pre-polarized slots. That's absurd.

Just now, peterc3 said:

Why would they be in the conversation? They use the mods off your melee weapon, I don't see that changing.

That's upwards of 5 pre-polarized slots. That's absurd.

Are you not aware that DE is planning on allowing the players to mod Exalted Weapons separately?

Regarding the polarities, five Forma Mesa and I have to stick an extra five on Peacemaker's Regulators just because you think it's absurd? Gift me the Formas, then. 

If they add this, they SHOULD add several innate polarities on each weapon.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Are you not aware that DE is planning on allowing the players to mod Exalted Weapons separately?

Yes. Given the shown example was Valkyr's claws, it would be assumed it is referring to actual Exalted weapons summoned by using the 4th abilities of Valkyr, Excal, Wukong, etc.

Abilities that merely borrow some stats from an equipped melee's mods aren't really the same. Landslide, Shattered Lash, etc.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Yes. Given the shown example was Valkyr's claws, it would be assumed it is referring to actual Exalted weapons summoned by using the 4th abilities of Valkyr, Excal, Wukong, etc.

Abilities that merely borrow some stats from an equipped melee's mods aren't really the same. Landslide, Shattered Lash, etc.

They, like Exalted weapons, scale using melee mods. Meaning, you have to sacrifice your melee weapon to accomodate a build specifically for that ability, that's exactly the issue with Exalted Weapons and is also why Pseudo-Exalted Weapons deserve the same treatment. 

It doesnt make it any less absurd that you are ASKING for exalted weapons to come with 5 polarized slots. No weapon comes with that many.

And just because you decided to build a weapon a certain way for a certain purpose on your own choice, doesnt entitle you to any kind of refund. Or are we now going to ask for forma refunds everytime we have a frame rework for example?

Sure, PRIME frames could come with PRIME variants of the exalted weapons and those may come with more pre polarized slots, but NOT 5, that's ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, VadiseReikaz said:

It doesnt make it any less absurd that you are ASKING for exalted weapons to come with 5 polarized slots. No weapon comes with that many.

And just because you decided to build a weapon a certain way for a certain purpose on your own choice, doesnt entitle you to any kind of refund. Or are we now going to ask for forma refunds everytime we have a frame rework for example?

Sure, PRIME frames could come with PRIME variants of the exalted weapons and those may come with more pre polarized slots, but NOT 5, that's ridiculous.

Again, it'll worsen the grind and resource investment. If they won't, they should honestly not even implement it.

Yes, it would. The same way it would if they conceded to give sentinel weapons their own mods, for example. Funny that, whenever I say that they should refund our endo for our duplicate mods if that ever happened they tell me it is ridiculous and to 'deal with it'.

How is forma any different? There is practically no grind for a vet to get neurodes/neural sensors/orokin cells. And the forma pack in marketplace is well within the plat reach of a veteran too. And hell, you even have plague star that gives you pre made formas for a measy amount of standing. And they already said plague star may keep comming up.

And you say time investment? sure there is a time investment if you go the no plat route. But even then, you have the warframe app on the phone to just keep the foundry going. You'll have an exalted weapon done in a week or even less if they come with ANY pre polarized slots. 1 or 2.

Good idea. +1. However, instead of having 5 innate polarities, how about forma'ing a frame with an exalted weapon allows you to add a polarity to the frame mods AND the exalted weapon mods. That way you still have to work for them, but it's the same amount of grind.

4 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

Good idea. +1. However, instead of having 5 innate polarities, how about forma'ing a frame with an exalted weapon allows you to add a polarity to the frame mods AND the exalted weapon mods. That way you still have to work for them, but it's the same amount of grind.

This is a great idea! But what about those that have already invested Formas on a Warframe? 😕

2 minutes ago, NightBlitz said:

no, hell no, it would actually make the pseudo exalted weapons weaker cus they wouldnt be able to rivens anymore

That is also a point to consider too. You could buy all the forma packs you'll ever need by selling that shiny riven that you will not be using anymore.

hace 37 minutos, (PS4)LoisGordils dijo:

They, like Exalted weapons, scale using melee mods. Meaning, you have to sacrifice your melee weapon to accomodate a build specifically for that ability, that's exactly the issue with Exalted Weapons and is also why Pseudo-Exalted Weapons deserve the same treatment. 

yeah also ash 4 thcome in that group

4 minutes ago, davej83 said:

Ash's 4th is a special cookie, if I'm correct, its not effected by damage mods, but is by blood rush, combo multiplier. He will be hit differently by this update.

The clones themselves are effected seperately by Steel Charge aura also.

Edited by (XB1)Evilpricetag

4 minutes ago, davej83 said:

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

Ash's 4th is a special cookie, if I'm correct, its not effected by damage mods, but is by blood rush, combo multiplier. He will be hit differently by this update.

It only scales off your power strength, combo counter (Body Count/Drifting Contact/Naramon passive) and Steel Charge. Other melee mods don't affect it.

Well, there's Arcane Fury too I guess, which is a weird exception since it's a straight melee damage boost similar Pressure Point but works with Ash's BS. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

The option to mod exalted weapons separately sounds awesome! However, let's not forget Warframes with pseudo-exalted weapons. Namely Gara's Shattered Lash, Khora's Whipclaw, Atlas' Landslide among others which have abilities that benefit from weapon mods but aren't actual Exalted Weapons themselves.

You really havent thought this through one bit have you?

What is the point in your idea besides gimping those non-exalted weapon scaling skills? I mean truely, what is the point besides that?

Exalted weapons dont benefit from certain melee mods, like rivens and weapon specific mods. However, the non-exalted skills that scale from melee weapon mods do scale from rivens and weapon specific mods. These mods wont be usable if you dedicate a certain loadout slot to Gara's whip etc. because it would no longer be tied to the weapon that the riven is applied to.

So please just delete your idea instead of giving them extremely bad ideas.

6 minutes ago, TotallyLagging said:

It only scales off your power strength, combo counter (Body Count/Drifting Contact/Naramon passive) and Steel Charge. Other melee mods don't affect it.

Well, there's Arcane Fury too I guess, which is a weird exception since it's a straight melee damage boost similar Pressure Point but works with Ash's BS. 

It is effected by speed mods applied to you melee weapon, & Venka Prime's increased combo counter damage passive.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You really havent thought this through one bit have you?

What is the point in your idea besides gimping those non-exalted weapon scaling skills? I mean truely, what is the point besides that?

Exalted weapons dont benefit from certain melee mods, like rivens and weapon specific mods. However, the non-exalted skills that scale from melee weapon mods do scale from rivens and weapon specific mods. These mods wont be usable if you dedicate a certain loadout slot to Gara's whip etc. because it would no longer be tied to the weapon that the riven is applied to.

So please just delete your idea instead of giving them extremely bad ideas.

Hi, thanks for being a floozy c*nt!

Anyhow, again, tying Warframes down to weapons to benefit a single skill is not a good design. Say what you may, cry all you want for your precious Rivens, but my idea is here to stay. Hopefully they'll listen. 

PS: Gara doesn't have a whip, you really didn't think that one out did you? :]

13 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Hi, thanks for being a floozy c*nt!

Anyhow, again, tying Warframes down to weapons to benefit a single skill is not a good design. Say what you may, cry all you want for your precious Rivens, but my idea is here to stay. Hopefully they'll listen. 

PS: Gara doesn't have a whip, you really didn't think that one out did you? :]

So you want us to waste forma and gain absolutley nothing.

I asked you, what exactly is the point of the change and you start calling me names? The console generation really shines through here.

Again I ask you, what is the point besides gimping the skills? If there was an actual benefit then sure, but there is zero benefits to it, only drawbacks. Show me one benefit and I may rethink.

You wont remove the tie in to weapons, they will still rely on weapon mods, just fewer options since you cant use neither syndicate or riven mods. So that isnt something you need to mention as a benefit because that is a straight up drawback.

With the exalted weapons there is a HUGE benefit because you are no longer forced to not slot syndicate mods or rivens on your primary, secondary or melee (depending on the frame). So in those cases it solves something. What does your proposal actually solve that isnt already solved in the game?

edit: The game also doesnt tie you down to certain weapons with the non-exalted skills, because if the weapon works as it is for melee, it will benefit the skill as much as it possibly can most likely.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Sure, but they should be un-forma-able

19 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

So you want us to waste forma and gain absolutley nothing.

I asked you, what exactly is the point of the change and you start calling me names? The console generation really shines through here.

Again I ask you, what is the point besides gimping the skills? If there was an actual benefit then sure, but there is zero benefits to it, only drawbacks. Show me one benefit and I may rethink.

You wont remove the tie in to weapons, they will still rely on weapon mods, just fewer options since you cant use neither syndicate or riven mods. So that isnt something you need to mention as a benefit because that is a straight up drawback.

With the exalted weapons there is a HUGE benefit because you are no longer forced to not slot syndicate mods or rivens on your primary, secondary or melee (depending on the frame). So in those cases it solves something. What does your proposal actually solve that isnt already solved in the game?

edit: The game also doesnt tie you down to certain weapons with the non-exalted skills, because if the weapon works as it is for melee, it will benefit the skill as much as it possibly can most likely.

Atlas charges forward to punch a target enemy up to 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters away. The target and enemies within 2 meters are dealt 100 / 200 / 300 / 350  Impact damage as a melee strike with a 200% critical damage multiplier, a 5% critical chance, and a 5% status chance.

Take Atlas' Landslide for example, no crit, no status. Only sheer Impact damage. If you want to min-max this ability, do you really believe that it is truly efficient to put pure damage mods on your melee weapon? No crit or status. Meaning your melee weapon will effectively be extremely underwhelming. Allowing us to mod Pseudo-Exalted Weapons means you can optimize Landslide while not having to sacrifice your melee weapon in its place. 

Pretty much. I was actually thrilled to hear of these changes, but then a bit sad that they were not considering the exalted weapons that aren't continuous, such as Atlas Landslide. Atlas is a good example why it would be a good thing. His " marketed gear " came with a melee weapon Tekko, which is primarily a slash based weapon, when Atlas 1st Landslide is primarily impact based. To mod for 1 is to stomp on another, and that is not a good idea. I still remember how initially Excalibur 4th Exalted Blade relied on your chosen weapon stats, and this exact limitation was the very reason it was changed to scale off of melee mods instead of the chosen weapon, so that players would not be limited in their choice.

That was nearly perfected, but the gap that was left meant that most physical mods were detrimental, should the player want variety, as they might conflict with the exalted weapons own stats (slash instead of puncture, impact instead of slash etc.). This aims to fix this, which is a brilliant solution! But if it fails to be applied even on single cast abilities that rely on the same mechanic, then it is still unfinished ultimately, and leaves some Warframes with the problem that all exalted weapons currently suffer from: item stat conflict.