Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Forget Pseudo-Exalted Weapons, Please!

21 minutes ago, BETAOPTICS said:

Pretty much. I was actually thrilled to hear of these changes, but then a bit sad that they were not considering the exalted weapons that aren't continuous, such as Atlas Landslide. Atlas is a good example why it would be a good thing. His " marketed gear " came with a melee weapon Tekko, which is primarily a slash based weapon, when Atlas 1st Landslide is primarily impact based. To mod for 1 is to stomp on another, and that is not a good idea. I still remember how initially Excalibur 4th Exalted Blade relied on your chosen weapon stats, and this exact limitation was the very reason it was changed to scale off of melee mods instead of the chosen weapon, so that players would not be limited in their choice.

That was nearly perfected, but the gap that was left meant that most physical mods were detrimental, should the player want variety, as they might conflict with the exalted weapons own stats (slash instead of puncture, impact instead of slash etc.). This aims to fix this, which is a brilliant solution! But if it fails to be applied even on single cast abilities that rely on the same mechanic, then it is still unfinished ultimately, and leaves some Warframes with the problem that all exalted weapons currently suffer from: item stat conflict.

A

M

E

N

👏👏👏

well, Atlas' Landslide is already good, but I won't say no to making it stronger. it does deal Impact after all, so there's room for a buff IMO. same with Khora and Gara. I originally wasn't sure about this, but after seeing that it can allow both Exalted weapons and standard Melee weapons to be fully optimized without drawbacks to either, I'm all for it.

14 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Atlas charges forward to punch a target enemy up to 8 / 10 / 12 / 15 meters away. The target and enemies within 2 meters are dealt 100 / 200 / 300 / 350  Impact damage as a melee strike with a 200% critical damage multiplier, a 5% critical chance, and a 5% status chance.

Take Atlas' Landslide for example, no crit, no status. Only sheer Impact damage. If you want to min-max this ability, do you really believe that it is truly efficient to put pure damage mods on your melee weapon? No crit or status. Meaning your melee weapon will effectively be extremely underwhelming. Allowing us to mod Pseudo-Exalted Weapons means you can optimize Landslide while not having to sacrifice your melee weapon in its place. 

Landslide is underwhelming as is, a chance to a dedicated mod option for it wouldnt help one bit to chance that. Atlas needs a rework first and foremost.

Impact is already the worst IPS stat out there, if not the worst damage stat overall, add to that the poor 5/5% crit/status and the skill is doing nothing that a well moded melee cant already do. It is certainly not a skill to base something like a dedicated loadout for. A dedicated loadout would help it far less than being able to slot a riven mod or even syndicate mods at this point. Even if not all the stats on a weapon benefits landslide, the option for a riven will outshine the freedom of a dedicated loadout. Take a riven with 250% damage, 150% crit, 70% toxin and -45% vs Grineer. It will outperform the option of a dedicated loadout slot even if landslide wouldnt wouldnt benefit from the crit part. We are talking a value of several regular slots here, which you wouldnt get out of a dedicated loadout even.

For Gara and Khora it becomes an even greater nerf going over to a dedicated loadout for non-exalted weapons. Yet you wanna do it based on one of the weakest frames in the game that wont even get any help from it in the long run.

19 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

If they add this, they SHOULD add several innate polarities on each weapon.

I feel as though they should add the option to freely forma exalted weapons based on the amount of forma already in the Warframe, i.e. 5 forma Mesa would grant 5 free polarisations of her Regulators. Makes it more universal for people who have different builds, while still requiring effort put into levelling