Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.5

[DE]Megan

11 hours ago, [DE]Aidan said:

Reminder everyone, please only post feedback here when you have actual feedback to post after having played with the new changes. This includes posting single word replies in order to save a spot to be edited later. Cmon all!

Issue 1. Multiple Saryns in a mission dont work together. Someone's Spores won't transfer and their gameplay is impeded completely

Issue 2: Spores not spreading when tick damage kills does not feel good

Issue 3: While Ramp up when 10 enemies are around is faster, ramp up for more enemies is slower, and despite being able to recast spores, without the ticks spreading it is not easy working over the damage decay. 

Did the hotfix change anything with lighting? Pretty sure my operator's face is now glowing in the transference room. Actually feels like every hotfix makes my operator's face look slightly different for some reason.

35 minutes ago, Thep10xer said:

First of all. Saryn instantly killing everything under level 50 wasn't fun for public players who could do nothing for their missions.

Saryn didn't "instantly kill" anything at the start. It still took a split and a few ticks to get it started. That said, "Fun" is subjective. Some of those players that "could do nothing" could have just been there for the loot/farm anyway and didn't care whether they got kills. I know a lot of people like that, especially after they reach a certain number of in mission hours. Efficiency becomes more important than doing the same thing again and again for an untold number of runs over an untold number of days. They put more enjoyment in the rewards rather than the journey obtaining them. The guy doing it could also be enjoying it simply from the idea of slaughtering vast numbers of enemies and seeing a ton of numbers popping. 

In the end, the loss of an efficient frame to farm just means one less method to effectively farm xp/resources/focus etc in a timely manner. I've said this a vast number of times but if you don't like "Meta" builds simply don't play them, play on solo or play with friends/like minded people who prefer slower paced gameplay/rewards. Nothing new here. 

12 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.5

Saryn Spores Changes:

• Removed spread on enemies that die to a Spore’s tick damage. 
  • Spores’ damage growth over time per Spore is now determined per enemy infected. And with it, a max limit of 10 infected enemies to maintain a max damage growth limit over time. To better explain this change and how it all breaks down, let’s compare:
    • Now: Damage growth is determined per enemy infected, so 2 damage (can be modded with Ability Strength) per enemy infected by Spores every second up to a maximum of 10 enemies*. So, using that same example, 5 infected enemies would set the damage growth to 10 damage every second (Modded damage growth of x * # of enemies infected up to 10). Reaching 10 infected enemies would set the maximum damage growth at 20 every second.
      • *The number of infected enemies is uncapped! You can infect more than 10 enemies, but the damage growth is dependent on that max. 

I'm unsure if i think the spread on the death to a Spore's tick is managealbe or to much, a compromise might be good. Maybe reduce the range to a fix radius (7.5 - 10m) or 20-25% of the radius.

The Spores' damage growth seems problematic when fighting higher level enemys (level 100++). While i agree the combination of the "auto" spreading of spores and the damage scaling was to fast, now your really have to work (especially with the spores not spreading on death). Improvements would be either increase the base damage (slightly 3 or 4) or increase the maximum of enemies affected (or make this affected by power strength as well).

Edit:

As a side note, i really like, that spore can be recasted now and that the spores' damage decays.

Another idea that came to my mind was, that there might be a synergy added, that emenies affected by Miasma AND Spores might spread spores, this would add some more utility to miasma.

11 hours ago, MunsuLight said:

I was the guy talking to you through Alliance Chat 😉 

But Yeah .. I need to test a lot of different setup to find the one i like the most .. (a guy in the thread did go to zone 14 .. ) 

oooh naisu , yesterday i was reply to u in chat but u left the game xD

13 hours ago, Shidonia said:

Please fix Saryn's toxic clouds created by  contagion cloud augment not showing our preferred energy color and carrying the default toxic color

Only a true Saryn understands the importance of this ^^

The spore demage calc changes from what i have seen i droped in Demage CONSIDERATLY i get half of the kills i used to get and the spore demage barely reaches 1-2k.Why do you always have to "fix" the things that go well in the game...

Not to sound overdramatic but this literaly killed my focus farm time window and i don't think im gona touch it again..

13 hours ago, MunsuLight said:

You can still have 128 duration . 130 efficiency 190/175 range , 185/200 Strenght Depending of the setup... I dont see what is bad with that 

And I still have both Vitality and Regenerative Molt in this build so that means I could go for higher strenght. .. Your point ?

My point is, you need more duration than 128, because when you play in squads everybody kills everything, sometimes you are not able to put any spores while losing a lot of dmg on the decay. The other thing is, 130 efficiency is too low, at least for me, because again, everybody kills everything, you have to spam spores like crazy because they just dont spread and i don't have the almighty zenurik maxed out to spam energy pulse dash or whatever it is called whenever i want, if i did i would have agreed with you. While maintaining those 2 at a high level, you are losing on the other 2. In addition to that you need those vitality and regenerative molt, so you wouldn't die so fast. Now you get it? This patch forces you to have zenurik maxed if you want to play saryn at some medium enemy levels.

I would like a couple changes to how spores work to make it just a bit better, I'd like half energy cost when it's decaying and I wouldn't mind being able to manually pop all spores by holding 1 so when the last enemy with spores on them runs around a corner across the map I can do something about that.

Removing spores spreading on spore damage death is fine I guess, but I would like to request that you bring back the energy gain from popping spores with her 3 now since we're casting spores more often because right now it feels like Saryn is very hungry for energy.

I would also like a quality of life thing so that I can see enemies who have spores on them more easily as it's easy to mistake other damage procs(like toxin) as spores from a distance at a glance, if the damage ticks were a different color or the enemies glowed somehow through walls it would be helpful since I have to spread the spores myself.

So I respect the spore damage tick change to prevent just rolling enemies if the spores stand for a certain length of time, disallowing them from spreading after spore death is a really poor idea. The more enemies you spore at a time will lower the time the spores can stay up as they do more damage and can't spread on their own anymore. Other than that the allowing for more spores to be made without detonation is very good as the previous system forced a certain style of play when it came to ensuring their spread.

While I like some of the elements of the patch, it feels like it pushed things too far in one direction. This feels like it was tuned around Sanctuary Onslaught and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, so I'll give some input in regards to that, as well as outside of that. Inside ESO, it feels good to have the sort of "burst" ramp up that the spread has now, and that you are more actively engaged in the spreading, rather than sitting back entirely passive for the most part. On the other hand, I also feel like a sheep dog now, trying to push the spores around the pen. I think an adjustment to the range/rate spores spread on tick death would have been a better solution, rather than removing the spread on tick death entirely. 

That said, the changes definitely hurt much more outside of SO/ESO. Enemy density and spawn rate is very different between those game modes and much of the rest of the game, and spores become a much less reliable form of wave clear without those conditions, especially with the removal of the spread on tick death, and especially in modes that stagger encounters, like Defense missions.

Archived