[DE]Megan

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.5

7 minutes ago, LIKE_A_PR3DAT0R said:

but now i'm confused @[DE]Danielle now more strenght reduce the decay rate? not the duration?

duration affect the decay over time, strength affects the instant decay when  u lose all spore

I LOVE these new Saryn changes! She is more fun and engaging to play, requiring weapon synergy and strategy.

Old Saryn=Molt then spore spore spore spore while standing in one spot, shoot the ground with a gas cloud with duration, spore spore spore.

New Saryn= Regenerative Molt and super speed flying through the air casting spores while shooting enemies with toxic lash and a primary weapon and landing with a melee slam! It's SO much better!

Decay rate seems VERY fast, and sometimes does bug and disappear instead of decayong, but not too often. Love the new sounds and fresh feel of saryn, and the bug fix from last update of uncastable spore bug where it stayed uncastable until warframe death. So glad to see max enemies uncapped as it makes more sense.

This is my favorite version of Saryn so far, although decay rate seems way too fast. Also death by spores not spreading spores, but a mini game to manage the spread of spores is far more engaging. Maybe a little balance on both could be good?

Also, I love the music in the loading screens, I see many people comment about it. Maybe it can use a volume slider like somachord? 

We got "Enter" keyboard input back on the mod station screens? Such a big QoL feature that I was hoping would come back! YAY!

And the new melee change is nice as well, still wondering about it's effect on the Zenistar.

Anyways I LOVE this update. :cool:

Thank you DE!

Edited by FriendlyxD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

*The number of infected enemies is uncapped! You can infect more than 10 enemies, but the damage growth is dependent on that max. 

You changed the only thing I didn't like in the workshop, thanks a ton

1 hour ago, Zoh_Veldae said:

"Mistress of Maladies", now "Countess of Corrosion". What's next? "Vixen of Virulence"?

Madame of Mediocrity, most likely.

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.5

The Orokin Decoration costs/refunds mentioned in Hotfix 22.20.3 are close to being complete. The plan is to cut the Orokin Decoration Oxium costs in half and refund the excess back to the Clan Vault. We are also removing the Orokin Cell costs on the respective Orokin Decorations and refunding those to the Clan Vault as well. Already completed Decorations will not be destroyed when these changes go live. Stay tuned!

Saryn Spores Changes: 

The bulbous pockets of corrosive popping goodness have been through the devs’ workshop and are here with some new changes! Saryn, our countess of corrosion, has received the following changes to her Spores.

Curious about the details on how and why? Check out the Spores Revisited Dev Workshop!

• Spores can be re-cast while active and will no longer detonate all active Spores. 
    • Recasting on enemies will put new Spores on a target with a 20% decrease to its damage per second (scales with Ability Strength) for 50% of the Energy cost. 
  • Fixed inconsistent spreading ranges with Spores when killing an infected enemy by establishing a new base range of 16m across all spreading conditions. 
  • Removed spread on enemies that die to a Spore’s tick damage. 
  • Spores’ damage growth over time per Spore is now determined per enemy infected. And with it, a max limit of 10 infected enemies to maintain a max damage growth limit over time. To better explain this change and how it all breaks down, let’s compare:
    • Was: Damage growth is determined per Spore, so 1 damage per Spore every second. For example, let’s say there are 5 enemies. You cast Spores on one of the enemies in that group. 3 Spores are now active on that enemy. Damaging that enemy with Toxic Lash disperses a single Spore to the surrounding 4 enemies for a grand total of 7 Spores (4 enemies with a single Spore + the 3 original Spores on cast). This maintains a damage growth of 7 damage every second. 
    • Now: Damage growth is determined per enemy infected, so 2 damage (can be modded with Ability Strength) per enemy infected by Spores every second up to a maximum of 10 enemies*. So, using that same example, 5 infected enemies would set the damage growth to 10 damage every second (Modded damage growth of x * # of enemies infected up to 10). Reaching 10 infected enemies would set the maximum damage growth at 20 every second.
      • *The number of infected enemies is uncapped! You can infect more than 10 enemies, but the damage growth is dependent on that max. 
  • Damage per second will now “decay” (decrease over time) when no infected enemies remain. 
    • The damage per second you’ve accumulated will first instantly drop by 20%, which will then commence the decay of the remaining damage by 10% per second (affected by Duration mods).
    • Decaying can be observed in the damage per second meter located above Saryn’s ability icons. 
    • Nullifying effects (including Data-Conduits) increases the decay by 30% per second.

Want to share your feedback on the changes above? Post your thoughts (after thoroughly testing all the changes) in the Spores Revisited Feedback Megathread.

Changes:

• Melee attacks now freely pass through enemies in Range (i.e an enemy cannot block another enemy from being hit).
  • Increased the default speed of controller cursor and made it slower in Star Chart only.
  • You can now use ‘Enter’ to accept input prompts or (A) on controller instead of (X) (choosing Mod stacks, etc).
  • Increased the fade out time for Star Chart ambient and Star chart percussion music.
  • Removed the glowing in-world marker from Quill Onkko. 
  • Optimized loading screens.

Fixes:

• Fixed only being able to damage the Nullifier Bubble if you have line-of-sight to the Nullifier.
  • Fixed some inconsistencies with melee sweeps where sometimes it doesn't hit a visible avatar or the sweep goes through the floor. 
  • Fixed Warframe kills not counting towards Onslaught Efficiency when the player is controlling their Operator.
  • Fixed ‘Sellable Only’ option applying to Fish/Ducat Kiosk/Relic screens, which resulted in nothing showing up. This lead to players believing they did not have any of their freshly caught Fish in their inventories upon returning to Cetus.
  • Fixed Apothic not getting consumed until the end of the mission, at which Clients can rejoin as many times as they want and reuse their Apothics. 
  • Fixed the "Invite Squad member" button or the "Show profile" dropdown not functioning after viewing the Inventory.
  • Fixed Dark split Sword appearing as unranked for Clients at the beginning of a mission even though it's ranked.
  • Fixed Despot Syandana and Sovereign Syandana cloth getting caught on numerous Warframes.
  • Fixed paused enemies becoming unpaused when disarmed in the Simulacrum.
  • Fixed turning off 'Pause AI' not unpausing currently paused enemies in the Simulacrum.
  • Fixed the new Ceramic Dagger PBR material not applying custom Energy color.
  • Fixed changing a Warframes colours back to default not saving after a mission and reverts back to the colours that were on the Warframe before entering the mission.
  • Fixed Kavat interaction animation sometimes being incorrect immediately after retrieving the Kavat from Stasis.
  • Fixed Titania's bullet jump area of effect buff FX not showing up.
  • Fixed various issues with customized Dojo lighting being applied to the wrong areas.
  • Fixed not being able to fund Polychrome construction when changing to default lighting colors in the Dojo.
  • Fixed being unable to select a Glyph with the Display Glyph Decoration.
  • Fixed ALT-Enter only allowing fullscreen toggle sometimes (during cinematics mostly).
  • Fixed selecting ‘Add Filter’ in Chat with the controller resulting in a disabled controller hotkey to add a Filter.
  • Fixed the ‘Sellable Only’ option not being registered to the D-Pad for controllers.
  • Fixed t-posing Zephyr when switching from Equinox to Zephyr.
  • Fixed dynamic music not playing for Clients in Onslaught (or sometimes for anyone at all in certain tiles).
  • Fixed some sounds only being heard by the Host as reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/958946-host-sound-effects-locality/
  • Fixed crashing upon using the G3 Beacon Gear Item.
  • Fixed a script error when trying to purchase Focus Capacity in the main Focus screen (outside of any specific tree).
  • Fixed a Venari script error in rare cases where the player's Warframe is not available (ex. War Within).
  • Fixed some Achievements with misspelled "Pole-arm" text.
  • Fixed misspelled text in the Nezha Reaping Chakram Augment.

I don't really understand saryn, so i can't say if the changes are good or bad. However I'm glad you took time before now to explain andgather feedback.  As for melee changes I'm curious on what bugs happen asa result.

So with Saryn now needing decent Strength, Duration and high Range Molt needs to be buffed to be any sort of useful without the augment. I tested it without and it's just a dead ability because not enough enemies are actually switching targets. I think Molt needs to force all enemies to shoot it.

Not having Regenerative Molt really hurts your survivability and without Steel Fibre (which I am not running in onslaught) she might as well be a sheet of paper when facing a corrupted crewman or a corpus tech.

This leads to Saryn needing much more mods to do what she wants to do than there is place for it with Regenerative Molt being the most insulting. That augment should be part of the base ability, Maybe change the augment to be similar to Equinox' 1 augment to have a small Saryn specter running around as long the speed buff lasts.

• Applause 1

I like those Saryn changes. But I think that complete removal of infection when enemies die from the spores is a bit harsh. I think having it leave behind a cloud of infection instead that infects enemies that walk through it as well as anything that touches it. I.E, you can shoot through it and infect enemies, or bullet jump and run into enemies, etc. 

The cloud can hang around for a duration and then dissipate, effectively encouraging a bit more interaction without making enemy deaths from spores losing all value for spreading the infection. 

• Upvote 2

I don't really like this update, saryn now has to have everything capped to work basically, strength to do damage, duration so decay won't hit that hard and lets spore deal this damage. range for obvious reasons (spreading spores), and finally efficiency because recasting spores over and over drains the heck out of that energy. I mean, why? It's impossible to have all 4 upgraded, but now the game requires you to do that. 

Oh and btw constant crashes after the hotfix are not fun too.

• Like 1

So after playing for about 45 minutes or so in Onslaught I can say she excels in smaller areas compared to the larger counterparts. I don't exactly notice any significant spore range, the removal of infection completely affects this wholeheartedly. I feel the decay happens way too quickly, you can go from 3k down to 600 or so in about 8 seconds. This whole change could've been prevented if the scaling of enemies were only 10 and not full because the issue was how much damage she cranked out so quickly as another Saryn player said in-game "The damage ceiling wasn't the problem. The damage rampup speed was.". I feel that decay shouldn't exactly be a thing, but if it's here to stay at least increase the time before decay starts or slow the timer down. I can keep spores up between 30-40 seconds before not having any spores active and losing all that damage, on smaller maps I've got better results such as holding spores for a minute or even longer.

Edited by foxracing200

1 minute ago, BlueLTO said:

I like those Saryn changes. But I think that complete removal of infection when enemies die from the spores is a bit harsh. I think having it leave behind a cloud of infection instead that infects enemies that walk through it as well as anything that touches it. I.E, you can shoot through it and infect enemies, or bullet jump and run into enemies, etc. 

The cloud can hang around for a duration and then dissipate, effectively encouraging a bit more interaction without making enemy deaths from spores losing all value for spreading the infection. 

Yeah. It wouldn't be so bad if you didn't have to devote at least two mod slots for Rage+Regen Molt so that she's not dead in a second. Since we're back to spamming spores, we should get the energy regeneration from popping spores as well. ESPECIALLY since we'll have to pop them now that spread by death doesn't work. I mean they say that they aren't basing these changes around onslaught but when they just happen to remove or change everything she did well in onslaught you can't help but be a little suspicious. I mean they've been teasing Umbra for ages, how are we just now hearing about saryn changes?

все печально споры сломаны и не хотят нормально работать ( убив моба эквинокс под спорами не разносит споры 

Hey! Thanks for the Update DE, I look forward to trying new Saryn out. One issue I noticed quite quickly, however, was that ReShade no longer works in Warframe upon downloading this update. I'd love to see this fixed!

Any updates on this? Seems like quite a few players are experiencing issues with Cetus vendors not updating at all. Thank you for all that you do!

• Upvote 1

Good:
+ can spore other targets manually
+ stored damage stack does not remove completely but decays

Bad(-ish):
- no more auto spread on spore kill (quite tolerable)
- the need to manually spread brings saryn back to her energy hungry nature, and yet we no longer have the energy refund she used to have long ago
- decay rate and reset decay still happens when travellign through conduit / hitting nullifier aoe that charges extra decay, killing the point of the decay instead of complete removal itself, and why do we have spore scaling up in small numbers but decay is in percentage?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

Any updates on this? Seems like quite a few players are experiencing issues with Cetus vendors not updating at all. Thank you for all that you do!

So THAT'S what is happening - same thing happening here since last week's mainline, Suumbaat and Hai-Luk both pop up with a message about their wares updating, but it still shows me the same items every day. Only Hok's zaws are updating for me.

"Increased the default speed of controller cursor and made it slower in Star Chart only."

The virtual cursor is  still horribad and ruins the game! Are you not reading the forums? There is zero, nada, zilch, positive reviews for the virtual cursor. Your anemic attempts at fixing this monstrosity is just making your controller users more pissed off.

• Upvote 2

Please revise the spores not spreading from spore deaths.

This hurts alot as when I recast on a low tier enemy, they tend to die from the tick damage.

Not only do I lose 20% from the recast but since the spores ended with that death, I lose 20% too due to decay. 
Decaying needs to be looked its to fast now. Even if u build up your dmg u just loose it one second. 
Whit the new dmg ramping speed this hurts alot as well, on defense mission mainly.... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the changes. Here are my two cents about the Saryn changes:

1- Being able to recast Spores is a huge quality of life improvement.

2- Having spores damage decay when no enemy is affected, instead of just losing it completely, is also a very welcome change.

3- However, spores not spreading when an enemy is killed by them seems to have removed a bit of an important part of Saryn gameplay, in my opinion.

I tested Saryn after the changes and, while she's by no means weak now, I still think the spores should spread on their own. She was indeed too strong, however maybe it would be possible to balance her kit by reducing spores self-spread range.

Anyway, thank you very much for the changes.

• Like 1

Why the heck did this update delete the JiraClient.exe and the Launcher.exe?

At least it did fix the Color Palette issue.

Note: I'm using a non-steam version since reinstalling it on Steam re-downloads 18 GB which is annoying and stupid.

Edited by Xalozar

DE finally made a rework that i was really enjoying to play with, then now saryn is ruined, no range ( wich was the best part of it and the spread )no efficiency, dont work for low lvls neither high lvls, now you need to keep casting your spore likea maniac just to realize that it wont spread anymore.

Just enter any onslaught match and try to find a single saryn on it.

frame is useless again. gg DE

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

@[DE]Megan , @[DE]Pablo

Would you consider re-implementing the Spores detonation mechanic as an augment mod. I really didn't got to extensively test Saryn too much, but the few times I did, I enjoyed building the damage up and detonating.

Thanks.

il y a 41 minutes, domi5500 a dit :

I don't really like this update, saryn now has to have everything capped to work basically, strength to do damage, duration so decay won't hit that hard and lets spore deal this damage. range for obvious reasons (spreading spores), and finally efficiency because recasting spores over and over drains the heck out of that energy. I mean, why? It's impossible to have all 4 upgraded, but now the game requires you to do that. 

Oh and btw constant crashes after the hotfix are not fun too.

You can still have 128 duration . 130 efficiency 190/175 range , 185/200 Strenght Depending of the setup... I dont see what is bad with that 

And I still have both Vitality and Regenerative Molt in this build so that means I could go for higher strenght. .. Your point ?

il y a 5 minutes, FormatDriveC a dit :

DE finally made a rework that i was really enjoying to play with, then now saryn is ruined, no range ( wich was the best part of it and the spread )no efficiency, dont work for low lvls neither high lvls, now you need to keep casting your spore likea maniac just to realize that it wont spread anymore.

Just enter any onslaught match and try to find a single saryn on it.

frame is useless again. gg DE

Warframe0051.jpg

Yeah super useless .. And I did a better run after ... 

And you dont need to spore a lot .. You just need to be more active and if there is only 1 enemy remaining far from you .. cast spore again near 1 enemies... 

She is almost as good as she were .. before this hotfix .. 

Edited by MunsuLight
  • Upvote 1

I still feel no matter how many changes are made, she is still way to mod and energy hungry. Even if you drop overextended to go for power you are probly adding blind rage if you werent already running it. I dont know about other people but i play solo alot, so i have always run hunters adrenaline + steel fiber or quick thinking to keep her running. There was another post somewhere on the forums talking about being able to equip mesa peacmaker augment in the exilius slot, and if regenerative molt cant be added into the core ability, can it please be looked at to be placed into the exilus slot. I would gladly give up power drift or cunning drift to put regenerative molt there and then be able to put streamline or even a duration mod where it was. Maybe its just me but without vitality/steel fiber/ hunters adrenaline on her she is like paper in sortie level stuff.

The other changes feel good, with 190 range its actually pretty nice, i hate overextended in dps setups. Its fine for CC builds but i have always hated saryn pretty much being handcuffed to max range builds. 240% power strength actually feels pretty good on her, the damage felt like it built up enough in 40-50 level content and being able to keep it spreading around actively.

i do feel like the decay rate is disproportionately strong compared to the actual build up of the damage, but it may just take time to get used to keeping one mob alive as i move between areas in things other then exterminate missions.

Edited by Revantis

Dojo's are bugged for colour research right now - I just had a colour complete and when I went to select another colour to research it told me "cannot research more than 1 colour at a time".