Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.6

[DE]Megan

10 hours ago, IzakayaBomber said:

adapt and evolve tenno. I've been playing with a controller since day one and its just fine. 

I agree with this statement. The controller changes have actually improved how WF handles controller inputs. It's a bit wonky in the menus still, with the RB/LB buttons deciding they won't work sometimes, but overall they're good changes. I do wish the Equip/Upgrade/Appearance one stop button press would come back though. That was much more intuitive IMO. Y - Upgrade. A - Equip. X - Appearance.

7 hours ago, AvPCelticPredator said:

Can be affected also: Plastids; Mutagen samples; Neurodes.

Cuz these resources is really hard to farm same like Oxium.

Thx. :smile:

They're not tho. Plastids can be farmed easily on Uranus. Neurodes can be farmed on Earth or the Derelict. Oxium on literally ANY Corpus interception mission that spawns Oxium drones. Just don't suck and let the drone hit you in the face. As for Mutagen Samples....I helped raise about 75% of the 5000 MS needed for our clan to get the Hema. It just takes time and dedication to get it. Drop chance and Resource boosters help tremendously.

7 hours ago, Rembyx said:

Have you actually played with a controller since the update? It’s legit unplayable, the cursor navigating and lack of dpad is annoying, yes, but it’s broke in missions as well, it’s completely unnatural to “adapt” to your x axis for the camera moving at a much faster speed than the y axis, that plus the inability to remap controls such as the ability menu takes away hours of muscle memory that were developed under the old controller setup. You say improvise and adapt but you’re missing the point, the game is meant for enjoyment not as a job.

Inability to remap the ability menu? Son, did you NOT see the big old "Configure Controller" submenu in the Settings? Because it's there and you can totally do it. In fact, let me show you a picture of it so you can fix it yourself.

4rw0i9f.jpg

11 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

Inability to remap the ability menu? Son, did you NOT see the big old "Configure Controller" submenu in the Settings? Because it's there and you can totally do it. In fact, let me show you a picture of it so you can fix it yourself.

4rw0i9f.jpg

Have you tried moving the ability menu from RB? Cause every time I try it tells me I can’t change the configuration.

18 minutes ago, Rembyx said:

Have you tried moving the ability menu from RB? Cause every time I try it tells me I can’t change the configuration.

I haven't, as I don't rely on that mechanic. I have abilities set to use on selection and navigate them via the D-pad.

Saryn is now makes thing harder to work with. Please give spore back the ability to spread by any means, but keep the damage low by using tick-based escalating damage (like 1/s, affected by strength), low damage cap and very low status chance. It would be better if we can root the spread while enemies are also spore-survivable.

2 hours ago, Kromatia said:

I agree with this statement. The controller changes have actually improved how WF handles controller inputs. It's a bit wonky in the menus still, with the RB/LB buttons deciding they won't work sometimes, but overall they're good changes. I do wish the Equip/Upgrade/Appearance one stop button press would come back though. That was much more intuitive IMO. Y - Upgrade. A - Equip. X - Appearance.

So... you're at the same time saying that the controller changes improve the game, but you offer no evidence for this, and then you heavily imply through evidence that you offer that it vastly impairs the game.

Care to explain please? Almost the entire complaint is the loss of D-pad function in all menus and the slow navigation in all menus as a result of the new controller-cursor. The changes to in-game movement appear to be being fine-tuned and addressed, but we've heard little to nothing about the menu navigation complaints. The cursor needs to pack its little bindle and go back where it belongs; hanging out in the underbelly of Ceres with all the copies of Destiny 2.

13 hours ago, IzakayaBomber said:

adapt and evolve tenno. I've been playing with a controller since day one and its just fine. 

Screen_Shot_2015-05-12_at_3.31.31_PM.jpg

Fashionframe/arsenal, fabrication, esc/start menu, relic menu, Operator fashion/arsenal, Pet menus/arsenal, Mod menu, Any choice-based dialogue option, chat menu, clan menu, login reward selection menu...

These now take several times longer to complete for anyone who uses a gamepad. This will be true regardless of how much practice is put into navigation with the new menu cursor.

Yes. This is fine.

2 hours ago, Kromatia said:

I haven't, as I don't rely on that mechanic. I have abilities set to use on selection and navigate them via the D-pad.

Well if you did you would realize that you cannot change it, despite there being an entire menu dedicated to it, the point that I'm trying to make is this: why release and force an unfinished "experimental" controller scheme, which restricts players when there was a perfectly operational system in place previously. I am all for change and moving forward HOWEVER only when it is done correctly, to introduce a system with so many bugs and give players who use exclusively controllers no other options but to use their new broken system is just...stupid. As i said before, the mouse pointer and lack of d-pad in menus can be dealt with, however, when looking around with the right stick looking left/right is significantly faster then looking up/down.

When you have around 300 hours put into one controller scheme and then to have that controller scheme taken away and being forced to use a less optimal one is not only difficult but extremely discouraging. Muscle memory of that time frame isn't easily rewritten I went from playing this game everyday to not playing it at all, if you think I stand alone in my opposition to this new controller scheme, think again, they created an entire Megathread to feedback about their new "experimental" controller scheme and it is completely filled with negative feedback and requests to give the option to return to the old controller scheme.

The real kicker is that its been a few weeks with no acknowledgment to those of us who have issues with it, 4 hotfixes and no improvement, a thread THEY created filled with negative feedback and NO effort to rectify the issues created by forcing an "Experimental" controller setup.

14 hours ago, Omega1084 said:

Undo the controller changes, I've literally no motivation to play the game anymore because of how cumbersome and awful it all is, also fire whoever came up with the idea, they can't be in their right mind to have designed something so awful and have had it take over actually good design in the previous controller setup.

Seriously.

I agree, however not because they came up with the idea, ideas are good, but because of the amount of complaints that have been generated as a result of this forced change and the 0 effort being done to fix it.

On 2018-05-24 at 6:03 PM, DeyjaVou said:

ReShade broke as a result of  20.5, hoping this un-breaks it!

Edit 3: Don't bother doing that. Find your dxgi.dll file and right click it, select "Properties", and check the "Read only" box at the bottom of the pop-up. This should *hopefully* keep the launcher from deleting dxgi.dll each time it runs, unless you're deliberately running the launcher as administrator. For whatever reason, the launcher seems to be deleting everything in the root folder that either isn't part of the game, or isn't a configuration file. You will not have to re-do your settings, as those are saved as an .ini, which isn't a filetype the launcher deletes.

Thanks for the help!

TANX for  fixing the  keyboard transition from controler  when chating, FINALY!!! 🙂 i can  link rivens  and items  mu  only  complain is that  when i  click enter to link item  it wont  let mee to  link another, like 5 riven modes  or multiple  items, when i pres enter   it  closes the window  and put that one item  link on trading chat i dont have time to  put  price or anything else but it is fixable  selecting  it with my  mause soo  no problem there 😉   and PLEASE can you geave us   back that when wee pres start on  controller   that wee are automaticly on the meny  and that wee can  go up and down with D-pad  the same in arsenal it is much faster  when wee change   equipment fast  like in sorties betwin  2  games it takes ages  to doo it with  controller like coursor, you  can leawe that   in modes meny.  I HONESTLY THINK THAT  THISS SETTINGS  ARE  FIXABLE AND CAN  IMPROWE GAMEPLAY .  i know  that  some  people  spent   time on reworking the  controller  interface   but  some  changes  show  that  person that done that is noth  competent enough and simply  didint play  this game enough   to know that the simple  X for confirmation  and noth A like was  for years now, will confuse the players   and just slow their game.   

keep up the good work  and sorry for bad english 🙂  

On 2018-05-25 at 10:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:
  • Disabled some cache-corruption checks that were triggering and preventing updates; we will work on making these automatically repair the cache instead.

its cool that you did this but after attempting to fix reshade now working (caused by this update), i can now not update the game after i had to reinstall it because making a dll read only that it was trying to delete broke the launcher. so now im actaully seeing this bug mentioned in the hotfix, which i never did originally 

Since the update i have problems in the Plains. When i change from operator to frame a few times the animation of my frame freezes. So i can move the frame  around but the animation of arms, legs and so on is frozen, it is like a puppet that glides above the ground. I still can shoot but cant use abilities or switch to operator again, the message is 'ability not ready/available'. After a while (1-3 min.) the frame starts drifting into one direction by itself and do not react on my commands well any more. To fix this i have to get killed, after reviving everything is normal again.

On 2018-05-25 at 12:00 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.20.6

The Orokin Decoration costs/refunds mentioned in Hotfix 22.20.3 are close to being complete. The plan is to cut the Orokin Decoration Oxium costs in half and refund the excess back to the Clan Vault. We are also removing the Orokin Cell costs on the respective Orokin Decorations and refunding those to the Clan Vault as well. Already completed Decorations will not be destroyed when these changes go live. Stay tuned!

My clan still doesnt have this oxium and orokin cells refund. We ask why @[DE]Megan? We throw so much of these to our dojo :(

On 2018-05-25 at 12:08 AM, Demian_DeVile said:

Hmm just destroyed Saryn no more fun to play 

WAT? Get Your gameplay right. She is totally playable - still some minor tweaks are due.

This hotfix is cool but i want to be able to tap "enter" again to confirm quantity choice for example, feature that we lost in the update 22.20.3 for no reasons, now we have to click with the mouse to confirm quantity choice of mods that we want to sell, that make me lose lot of time when i have about 500 mods to shred for endo ^^'.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xyhon:

WAT? Get Your gameplay right. She is totally playable - still some minor tweaks are due.

There is a difference of "Playable" and "Fun to play" - the spore spreading is just terrible - if they add a fix (not effected by mods) 6m range of spreading if they killed by spore ticking or a spread if you use Miasma than it will flow much more 

14 hours ago, Kromatia said:

They're not tho. Plastids can be farmed easily on Uranus. Neurodes can be farmed on Earth or the Derelict. Oxium on literally ANY Corpus interception mission that spawns Oxium drones. Just don't suck and let the drone hit you in the face. As for Mutagen Samples....I helped raise about 75% of the 5000 MS needed for our clan to get the Hema. It just takes time and dedication to get it. Drop chance and Resource boosters help tremendously.

So, if it's that tremendous, then why DEVS wanna half that Oxium for Decorations? :crylaugh:

Archived